Goobertech
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Shaen
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

switched HOTAS, Voice attack no longer works

Postby Goobertech » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:35 pm

Hello all!

I've been using voice attack for around 10 months or so. I have been playing with the thrustmaster T-16000, no issues at all. Last week I bought the saitek X52 HOTAS. I got it all setup and then had to redo my voiceattack commands. So I moved all my keybindings to the left hand side, then gave the spoken commands on the right. No sweat, was working just fine. I ended up returning that HOTAS and went back to my T16000 until i can find a HOTAS I like. Well not voice attack no longer works. I can still give the more complicated commands like "prepare for take off" but I can't set the commands for "light on" or "retract landing gear".

I went back and reread the manual, watched the youtube video's for resetting the control settings...etc. It is still not allowing me to set commands for keybinding based actions. I am willing to do a fresh install of ED if I have to but I'm wondering if anyone has encountered this or has enough experience with voiceattack to know what I'm missing.

Thank you so much for any assistance you can provide!

Fly Safe

Commander Shaen

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: switched HOTAS, Voice attack no longer works

Postby tinnitus » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:15 am

My day started off the same, Shields, Weapons, Engines, Balance, Lights, Gear down, Scoop and pause are the only commands that are working. I have no idea why, no changes were made to the PC other than shutting it down fort the night. For me it is playable just have to peek out from the VR once in awhile. Still trying to sort it out. Good luck.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:15 am

Just a stab in the dark.
Could be someone somewhere pushed a tweak on the speech recognition in windows and you need to retrain it.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

tinnitus
Master
Master

Postby tinnitus » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:52 pm

TorTorden wrote:Just a stab in the dark.
Could be someone somewhere pushed a tweak on the speech recognition in windows and you need to retrain it.

Thanks TorTorden, Did that (2:30 this morning) still having same issue until I turn on the main sound (Speakers) the room filled with a horrible squelching sound waking the wife, at first thought it was blown speakers but it was the sound card, pulled it out, the squelching disappeared. Now I'm using USB for sound. Funny because there are two different devices I assume it did cause inferences, darn PC a smorgasbord of sound, Onboard sound, sound-card, USB sound and Monitors with sound. Whoa, sound, sound, everywhere a sound. I'm amazed the PC understands my thick Irish tongue with a twang of eastern Canada.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:59 pm

First few weeks I tested voice attack it would only understand me when I pretended to speak like a drunken Sean Connery...

Could be a corrupted driver or something and yeah.
I almost miss the good old days of add on soundcards.
Now these days it's stuffed into every conceivable thing.
Although that said the soundoutput on gpu's are still using the on motherboard dsp.
I had a sound issue with horrible screeches and or no sound that would not go away.
I even tested 3 seperate gpu's. Didn't get fixed until I had completely replaced the mobo...

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

tinnitus
Master
Master

Postby tinnitus » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:43 pm

Drunken Sean Connery, I assume Miss Moneypenny was serving him brandy. I remember when we installed a Sound Blaster Card into the ship's PC sometimes when we crossed under Commercial Flight Paths we pick up some air traffic chatter, light houses and other ships. Also pick-up the Australia Navy if they were near when we enter Bass Strait between Tasmania and Melbourne.
Image]

Cmdr Chemtrail
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Brassik

Postby Cmdr Chemtrail » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:39 pm

This should work. Well it did for me a while ago. It will give you the default binds but you can add keybinds again

Delete or move your bind files in
C:\Users\what ever you have\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings
Start game from launcher.

You may also need to adjust the TTS slider in the VA options tab, mine works best at 10 %. after moving to a usb set my mic was picking up too much background interference

Return to “Tools and Helpers”