Apps, websites, tools and helpers for Elite: Dangerous
Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Voice Attack Radio Controller

Postby Loriath » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:39 am

I created a simple Voice Attack Radio controller that uses VLC as a player, and allows you to stop and start the playback and includes 4 Elite based radio stations.

NOTE: No warranty of any kind, it works on my machine and I use it every day. I will help with simple things, but you are on your own.

In the file you will find install instructions and a stations file that explains how the stations are created and how to add/change stations.

Below is the Installation HowTo that is included in the zip file.
► Show Spoiler

VA Radio Controller.zip
(8.78 KiB) Downloaded 401 times
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

StaticRadion
Expert
Expert
CMDR: StaticRadion
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Voice Attack Radio Controller

Postby StaticRadion » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:22 am

Hey Lori, Man can you believe it has been over a year since you created this tool. GG, man!

I just wanted to let you know that at some point Alpha Orbital added a tab for the free K.I.C.S. voice attack profile though he forgot to include this tool in the included files. The instructions on the page are a little sparse and unless you have had it installed in the past you would never know what commands or addons to look for.

I appreciate all the work you have done in the past and having since returned to elite I am slowly getting everything back in order. I wanted to try KICS again myself and that lead to this discovery. I think Alpha Orbital is run by Skipp Doe and I sent an email to the site admin about this, but never got a response. This all seems to be a minor over site and it may not have been included because of Skipp wanting to respect your work as a stand alone project. I just don't want your and the work of Arflint to go to waste because people don't know how make the KICS profile work.

I know you are not responsible for any of this, but I would appreciate your help in resolving the matter so that the download from Alpha Orbital is a complete product and usable in one easy step. I understand if you are unable to help and I will keep trying to get in contact with Skipp.

Fly safe CMDR o7

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby Loriath » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:10 pm

StaticRadion wrote:Hey Lori, Man can you believe it has been over a year since you created this tool. GG, man!

Thanks. I was aware that Skipp wanted to preserve it for when Arflint's site went down.

Skipp is around here as well so maybe drop him a PM. And Arflints KICKS project led me to do the Radio Controller and my Voice Dictation Addon after I did all the radio stations for Arflint.

If Skipp does not have the info from the Radio Controller included in his info on Kicks, then he is more than welcome to cut and paste my instructions and to contact me for any missing info.

It has been a long time since I worked with Kicks since Arflint moved on. I can always load the files again and take a look as I don't remember all the details about how his radio commands worked into it. But from my notes on my Radio Controller posted above are probably about 99% the same.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~

Estrella Metal
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Estrella Metal
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Estrella Metal » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:17 pm

I think I'm missing something. I'm looking for a VA profile to import not radio stations

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby Loriath » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:14 pm

Estrella Metal wrote:I think I'm missing something. I'm looking for a VA profile to import not radio stations

Well the VA Profile I have in the first post is to control radio playback via VLC.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~

Return to “Tools and Helpers”