Apps, websites, tools and helpers for Elite: Dangerous
Gorf
Master
Master
CMDR: Hardy
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Resizing with Irfanview

Postby Gorf » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:31 pm

I have Photoshop, but it's not on my gaming rig, so I downloaded Irfanview and am using it to resize my images before posting (should have some exploration ones to put up tonight).

Can anyone explain why high res BMP pictures go a bit fuzzy when they are resized down? I tried all the filters, but the best result was to simply save all the required images as JPG and resize those. Fuzziness gone. Weird...

de Carabas
Master
Master
CMDR: de Carabas
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Resizing with Irfanview

Postby de Carabas » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:46 pm

Tried my app to convert as you go?
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

Gorf
Master
Master
CMDR: Hardy
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Gorf » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:13 pm

I haven't, yet; but I've been following the thread. It looks like a really nice little app. I have to admit, I'm a little bit jealous. I could do the event polling and parameter management, but I've never done image processing.

de Carabas
Master
Master
CMDR: de Carabas
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby de Carabas » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:33 am

Gorf wrote:I haven't, yet; but I've been following the thread. It looks like a really nice little app. I have to admit, I'm a little bit jealous. I could do the event polling and parameter management, but I've never done image processing.

The actual image changing is about two line of code in .net. Happy to share what I've done if it helps.
It's basically "take this input bitstream and save it as format x". So it assumes qualities, no options for resizing etc.
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

Return to “Tools and Helpers”