Apps, websites, tools and helpers for Elite: Dangerous
captain easy
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: captun easy
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Calling all Voice Attack users!

Postby captain easy » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:29 am

Loriath wrote:What I am hoping for is feedback from others that use VA to take a look at my ideas, give me some feedback, and maybe as I get this profile running, some testing.

I realize that this thread is a couple of months old but I am hoping that you are still working/planning on writing a VA Profile.

I am very much into VA. I love the possibilities it presents. I have been 'game' dark for almost a year due to responsibilities. Before that unfortunate circumstance I discovered VA. I was working on a bunch of Star Citizen stuff before I became too busy to do anything but work.

I wanted to write some profiles for ED. Now I'm back to being retired and I have made that a high priority. I have all of the HCS stuff. Plus I have the SC profile experience as well.

I would be very interested in play testing your profile and providing feedback if you're still on track with that plan!

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:22 am

captain easy wrote:I realize that this thread is a couple of months old but I am hoping that you are still working/planning on writing a VA Profile.

I would be very interested in play testing your profile and providing feedback if you're still on track with that plan!

Yep still working on it. THough I admit not as much as I should have. Will post it here when I have something to test that I am happy with. First test will be just with Tones for someone that doesn't want voices. Then I can modify that one to do the others.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

captain easy
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: captun easy

Postby captain easy » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:17 pm

I think the audio notifications has been largely overlooked in the profiles I have reviewed and/or used. I am curious where you get your sound bytes. There are many that are used in SciFi movies and shows but I don't really know where to find any of them.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby Loriath » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:01 pm

I have for the most part used KICS which the author had his S.O. do the voice for. But he appears to have disappeared and does not answer his emails. His VA profile and sound files are still available for Download, so I may also include the ability to use those files. I also own a HCS Voicepack, ASTRA, which I will be using as well.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:18 pm

Hey, Loriath. How's the voice dictation going?

I was just thinking (again) that I really need to start using and learning Voice Attack before getting a VR headset becomes viable. But then I was wondering what to do about text comms. I figured I could use VA to program some canned phrases (I think it does that), but would have to request voice comms for more than the basics. Then I read about your voice dictation and that sounded really cool.

As for my expected VA usage, I only expect to use it for things I don't already have bound to joystick buttons, like taking screen caps or resetting TrackIR. I'm also not too interested in voice packs or voice responses in general. If there is already a game graphic or sound, like lights & gear & pips, then that is enough for me. Using a tone for places where it is not obvious would probably be helpful. But being able to text chat by dictation would really be the bees knees. :)
It's time to give this another go.

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:36 pm

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:Being able to text chat by dictation would really be the bees knees. :)

I read somewhere that the latest version would allow this - this was some months ago so there may be some progress.

Edit: Found it: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=145653

Edit again: But you knew this - I should have read more closerer.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:24 pm

Walter wrote:
Roger Wilco Jr wrote:Being able to text chat by dictation would really be the bees knees. :)

I read somewhere that the latest version would allow this - this was some months ago so there may be some progress.

Actually, I thought it was a custom application that Loriath wrote and not a part of Voice Attack. Thanks for the link to that more detailed thread. ;)
It's time to give this another go.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby Loriath » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:29 pm

Walter wrote:I read somewhere that the latest version would allow this - this was some months ago so there may be some progress.

:D :D
Roger Wilco Jr wrote:Hey, Loriath. How's the voice dictation going?

I was just thinking (again) that I really need to start using and learning Voice Attack before getting a VR headset becomes viable. But then I was wondering what to do about text comms. I figured I could use VA to program some canned phrases (I think it does that), but would have to request voice comms for more than the basics. Then I read about your voice dictation and that sounded really cool.

The latest version has made the Canned messages much easier to do, and the Dictation, well, its as good as it was, which is about 50%. To be honest, I don't use it much, though I can think of lots of ideas with the canned responses. (ie: Get interdicted and yell PANIC SWITCH and it types to the Pirate "Don't Shoot! I am in a VR Headset and can't use a Keyboard!" )

I have been slowly working on my VA profile but since it I started with Kics and have heavily added and modified it, it isn't a good basis for anyone else but me. After Christmas and Horizons is released I will look at updating it to handle more things and then post when I have it. To top it off, ASTRA was updated today so I have to look at that as well to see what tricks they put into that that I can use.

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:Actually, I thought it was a custom application that Loriath wrote and not a part of Voice Attack. Thanks for the link to that more detailed thread. ;)

HA! Yeah right. I can swing a Hammer but I can't make a Hammer, no matter how much wood and metal you give me :)
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~

Arflint
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Arflint

Postby Arflint » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:04 pm

Loriath wrote:I have for the most part used KICS which the author had his S.O. do the voice for. But he appears to have disappeared and does not answer his emails. His VA profile and sound files are still available for Download, so I may also include the ability to use those files. I also own a HCS Voicepack, ASTRA, which I will be using as well.

What are you talking about don't answer my email haha :)

Sorry if I missed something somewhere! life was hectic for a time, KICS 4 will be out soon so you'll have more sounds to play with for your profile :)

Return to “Tools and Helpers”