Apps, websites, tools and helpers for Elite: Dangerous
Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Calling all Voice Attack users!

Postby Flip » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:26 am

Loriath wrote:If you cycle through subsystems using keys, use reverse. Power plant will usually be 6 or 7 clicks if you use reverse or previous.

Yeah, that's what I do too. It's quick enough.
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:20 am

Flip wrote:No offense intended. I just don't use voice control.

LOL None taken. I was just hoping to get someone interested in this, and you were the first response which was a bust LOL
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:32 am

Well, I am interested in the sense that even if I don't use the set you come up with, there are still things I can learn from it or parts I can use. I wouldn't have replied if I wasn't interested at all. :)
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:09 am

Yes you would.......

Just to get your post count up.....

Coz you're like that........

Boxcar told me.....

:P

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

StaticRadion
Expert
Expert
CMDR: StaticRadion

Postby StaticRadion » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:46 am

4 models, based on KICS(free), ASTRA(paid), Regular Text responses for people who have Inova or similar voice (or the free Microsoft ones), and a Confirmation Tone one for people who don't want voice responses or prefer just confirmations.

I use the standard voice from Windows in combination with a random clips of Midi files I have had for a long time for confirmations. It is simple to use VA and choose play sound for anything you want.
Smart control of toggles- For example, if your call for lights on, and then charge an FSD jump or SC, lights will automatically be set to off

I have been looking for a way to do this for a long time outside of writing a python script that runs and track the key presses. I have been unsuccessful, but if you have or know someone who knows basic programming then setting things like landing gear off if boost is pressed; lights on if cargo hatch is open; lights off, cargo hatch closed, and weapons retracted if FSD pressed; etcetera would be easy.
Nav Panel Control- Switching panels and controls of menu movements.

I have not done so myself, but you or others should play around with the .binds files for Elite and see just what is possible. They are located at 'c:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings' I have always wondered if changing values in the descriptions like <SetSpeed100> to <SetSpeed90> or another non incremental setting would actually be recognized by the game.

You could always see if you could change <FocusLeftPanel> to something more complicated, but I don't know if the different tabs for the targets panel actually have designations outside of leftpanel + cycle. On the other hand if you are familiar with Cheat Engine you could always narrow down the process that gets you to where you want to go and set up a macro with VA. I have been wondering for a while not if people have used Cheat Engine or something similar to figure out how to target the engine first and at all times.
Silent mode that has confirmation tones regardless of the voice pack used- For those times that you don't want full voice responses.

VA already lets you switch profiles whenever you want and you can have a silent profile if you want. It all comes down to the effort you want to put in to write a second complete list of commands.
Power Control that includes Offensive/Defensive modes
Not only able to shift all power to Engines, Weapons, and Systems.
Able to go Attack mode (Power to Weapons(4Pips) and Engines(2Pips))
Offensive (Power to Weapons(4Pips) and Systems(2Pips))
Defensive (Systems(4Pips) and Engines (2Pips))
Retreat mode (Engines(4Pips), Systems(2Pips))

This is just creating a macro and with reset to balanced power as a button anyone or any program that runs macros can do it.
Automation of launch and takeoff.
Being able to initiate Launch from Station Menu (The one with Station, Return to Surface(or Enter Hanger), Launch) as well as being able to Take Off (Select Launch then lift off, retract gear).

This... this right here would be awesome, but I got nothing. I just don't thing it would be possible to write a default script for all ships. I had a macro that did this at one time for my Python, but because speed is based on % when I tried to use it on my Anaconda I would not lift off far enough from the landing pad and my cobra had the opposite problem.
Listen and Ignore Mode
Enable and Disable VA from processing commands with a Keyword

Can't do it with a keyword because when VA stops listening it completely stops listening. VA at default has a keypress to turn on and off listening modes and i just set it to my ptt button so when i am speaking it stops and starts again when i am done.
More open Phrasing
Allows for you to use more free commands. Instead of saying "Gear Up" you can say anything you want with Gear Up at the end of the phrase and have the system recognize it.

VA already has command type that lets you choose from full command, command prefix, and command suffix. Not sure how this actually works, but I know from others than in conjunction with command weight that what you are talking abut is already possible.
Radio controller with 8-10 stations max, volume and playback controls
This will be done with VLC and CLMControl with more ability than KICS currently has. You will be able to easily change the stations to ones you prefer with a simple text editor.

I think you want something a little more complex than what VA already has, but I have radio options already set up. VA just launches a shortcut I setup on my desktop to VLC that opens specific radio stations like sidewinder radio. I have separate commands to close each radio station and open others.
Separate Integration of Voice Dictation for Rift users
I have already written a simple Voice Dictation system that leverages the ability to record voice dictation and then have them typed out to the Communication panel. I can refine and expand this to do a few more things based on Commands.

As others have already said VA is a powerful tool that lets you set up macros for any program and I used the macro function with or without voice input in just about every game. It allows you to put pauses in between or after commands too so you can create entire rotations with a single key press. You can even set it up so that commands are overridden by commands so when you have oh crap moments and need to change rotation or start healing it will cancel the current macro.

All in all I think 50% or more of what you want is already offered by VA for $8 US without having to create a complex workaround for KICS.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby Loriath » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:56 pm

StaticRadion wrote:All in all I think 50% or more of what you want is already offered by VA for $8 US without having to create a complex workaround for KICS.

You missed what I was saying, I was gauging interest in a VOICE ATTACK PROFILE that I am writing. :shock:
Now I find myself wanting more capabilities than KICS has and have decided to do my own VA Profile.

is what I said
:lol: :lol:

It is not a work around, it is extending the capabilities. Everything you posted is what VA can do, and I was going to write a free VA Profile to do so.

It's funny, but your the Fourth person that has asked why I am making another Voice Attack Program. Is my original post not clear that I am writing a VA Profile to do the things I mentioned here?
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~

StaticRadion
Expert
Expert
CMDR: StaticRadion

Postby StaticRadion » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:58 pm

Loriath wrote:It's funny, but your the Fourth person that has asked why I am making another Voice Attack Program. Is my original post not clear that I am writing a VA Profile to do the things I mentioned here?

I don't know how or where I got so confused by what you wrote, but I had one hell of an opinion about it LOL. It was close to 5am when I first woke up and without coffee my brain was still on vacation =p

I think with your previous work on KICS 3 that you could probably come up with something great. I have a good many profiles with a good number of test instructions already and and many of my commands are already written. While I like voice packs at this point I am wary of them just because of the amount of work involved to edit them to work with my setup. That being said the only time I do an import and take the time to edit it is if something is voiced and I want that sound bite or if it does something beyond my own capabilities. Will you be creating a voice for your new profile or just writing commands?

I think if anything what would be most useful is a VA profile with a few key elements. Lets be honest anyone with VA that is not controlling power through a macro does not want to. If they already have a good command then they can just import it. That being said I think you should have a full release and maybe a feature release if you are dedicated to the idea of creating your own full profile at all.

I think a feature release with your key elements of smart control of toggles; automation of launch and take off; enable and disable VA from processing commands with a keyword; and the Radio would be better than a full VA profile and one I would pay a little money for. Basically if I said in my original review it was hard, impossible, or I have yet to do it because of time then that is what I want you to do for me =)

I guess the thing to remember would be that VA has a learning curve and anyone who uses it has sense enough to do many thing for themselves. The way to get attention is by making possible what they can not.

BlueDrache
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Blue Drache

Postby BlueDrache » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:43 am

Does GAVPI count?
Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am ...
The Blue Drache

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby Loriath » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:13 pm

BlueDrache wrote:Does GAVPI count?

Sorry I failed Calculus and Acronyms in College, can you ELI5?
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~

BlueDrache
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Blue Drache

Postby BlueDrache » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:53 pm

Loriath wrote:
BlueDrache wrote:Does GAVPI count?

Sorry I failed Calculus and Acronyms in College, can you ELI5?

Open Source Voice Attack Alternative
Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am ...
The Blue Drache

Return to “Tools and Helpers”