Master
Master
CMDR: de Carabas
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Screen Shot Changer

Postby de Carabas » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:46 pm

New version for 2.2 and 1.7 available now that uses the Journal

v 1.4.2
    Changed the method of grabbing the system to use the new Journal, rather than the netlog files
    Added the option to also use the ‘body’ information in the renaming.
    Removed options around verbose logging checking and adding as I don’t use it anymore.
    Changed the way of adding applications to load up so that they are in table form and then exported to xml. You can run as many as you want, although it will be a slow start up for you!
    Added the option to detect if running a Beta version of the game to allow saving of screenshots in a different directory.
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

JustSomeGuy
Master
Master
CMDR: Murhapuro

Postby JustSomeGuy » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:18 pm

Thank you
I play on PC, in the Mobius PVE Eurasia group.

JustSomeGuy
Master
Master

Postby JustSomeGuy » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:15 am

Noticed a couple of things with the new one:

If I start the game first, and SSChanger after that, Microsoft .NET Framework throws up on me. "Conversion from string "64bit" to type 'Boolean' is not valid."
I can send you the details it offers if you need them. Not a huge amount, 99 rows.
If I just try to push continue button from that window, SSChanger starts but it's the window only, no details like current system, body, version, etc.
If I open and start SSChanger before the game, then no probs, it works fine.
Not a huge problem in the end, just an annoyance if I forget to open SSChanger before the game, which I admit happens often.

The other thing was that I have not seen Body name (%b) before. So I tried it, and it works. Then I noticed that for system names there is that thing where you can replace spaces in those names with something I want. But it is for system names only like it says on the tin. Personally I do not need one for body names, at least for now, but was wondering if that is something someone else could use.

Edit: Found these in the SSChanger log;

-- This was when I opened SSChanger, then opened the game, and after that I started SSChanger. Probably not a problem as when I took a screenshot in game, system and body were updated to the app and it converted the image as expected.

26/10/2016 05:18:57 - Log file copy argument issue: Loop 1 Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: startIndex
26/10/2016 05:18:58<System not found>
26/10/2016 05:18:58<Body not found>

-- I assume this one is because of the large filesize of the HR image, and is normal. At least the image was converted as expected.

26/10/2016 04:57:02 - Valid image created: C:\Users\CMDR\Pictures\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\HighResScreenShot_2016-10-26_01-57-02.bmp
26/10/2016 04:57:02 - File access issue: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\CMDR\Pictures\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\HighResScreenShot_2016-10-26_01-57-02.bmp' because it is being used by another process.
26/10/2016 04:57:02 - Waiting for image to be closed.
26/10/2016 04:57:03 - Waiting for image to be closed.
26/10/2016 04:57:04 - Sourcimage: C:\Users\CMDR\Pictures\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\HighResScreenShot_2016-10-26_01-57-02.bmp size: 168,75 Mb
26/10/2016 04:57:04 - System found: Gyvatices
26/10/2016 04:57:04 - Body found: Walter Dock
26/10/2016 04:57:07 - Last output image: C:\Users\CMDR\Pictures\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\20161026_045704 - Gyvatices_Walter Dock_(HR).png size: 49,16 Mb
26/10/2016 04:57:07 - Source image deleted.

de Carabas
Master
Master

Postby de Carabas » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:44 am

Thanks for the feedback!

I got the error on the copy as well last night when I started the SSC after EDLauncher was running, so I'm sure I can sort that (as well as update the error message).
For the conversion error, if you can PM me the text it would be great.

I'll check the replace spaces in the %b, maybe I just forgot to update the label.
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:03 am

de Carabas wrote:Thanks for the feedback!

Is there any difference from the Beta you sent me to the release version that I should be updating for?
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

de Carabas
Master
Master

Postby de Carabas » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:03 am

Loriath wrote:
de Carabas wrote:Thanks for the feedback!

Is there any difference from the Beta you sent me to the release version that I should be updating for?

Nope. I was lazy (just for a change). Wait till I squish these bugs and then go for the next version.

de Carabas
Master
Master

Postby de Carabas » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:46 pm

JustSomeGuy wrote:Noticed a couple of things with the new one: .....

In the code in front of me I've now fixed-
1) The label for replacing spaces in names so that it's clear it applies to the body as well as the system (for pictures)
2) Corrected the 'type' on the check to see if E: D is running in some situations
3) Fixed the parsing of the Journal to find the system in the case when the SSC is started after E: D

Shows just how interesting this audio conference I'm on is. Not on a machine where I can test the code but I'm sure it will be available later today.

de Carabas
Master
Master

Postby de Carabas » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:12 pm

Version 1.4.3 is now available and I think I've fixed those bugs.

JustSomeGuy
Master
Master

Postby JustSomeGuy » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:37 pm

JustSomeGuy
Master
Master

Postby JustSomeGuy » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:14 am

Sounds like there might be a typo somewhere? (v1.4.3)
I checked the journal file and the system name was ok there. No special characters in the system name.

► Show Spoiler

Tried again with a HR screenshot, similar result but instead of 'Width' it's now 'Filename':

► Show Spoiler

Return to “Tools and Helpers”