Novice
CMDR: Boozeman
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Screen Shot Changer

Postby Boozeman » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:14 am

Hi there,

Very handy tool indeed!

Suggestion:

Is it possible to add some date-time regexp-converter, so you can get timestamps in filename what ever you want like Sol 2015-08-01_11:09:09.jpg or example Sol 01.08.2015_11:09:09.jpg

And the "replace spaces with <your favorite char here>" is nice to have too!

Cheers

Cmdr Boozeman

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:21 am

I guess there really is no other way to get the system name than by turning verbose logging ON, is there? Because that makes the log files more than 10 times bigger.
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Boozeman
Novice
Novice

Postby Boozeman » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:07 am

Flip wrote:I guess there really is no other way to get the system name than by turning verbose logging ON, is there? Because that makes the log files more than 10 times bigger.

I think Verbose logging and the ED Api are the only ways now.

But the sizes of hard drives on these days, I don't think that the log file sizes are the problem. I have Verbose logging on since January and the overall size is now 197MB (707 files)

de Carabas
Master
Master
CMDR: de Carabas
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby de Carabas » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:39 pm

I think the increase in log file size is dwarfed by the potential gains in changing screenshots from BMP to PNG or JPG.

Boozeman,

for dates I could offer a choice of a few. One issue is that some separators that people would want to use are illegal in file names. I'll have a think.
For the 'replace spaces' do you mean between the name and the date (for example) or even in the system name?
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

Boozeman
Novice
Novice

Postby Boozeman » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:06 pm

Hi,

Just realise that system names has those spaces too. I mean using underscore _ in filenames. But this can be done by own scripts etc. Maybe useless for 99% of users.

I am that old generation who hates spaces in filenames :)

de Carabas
Master
Master

Postby de Carabas » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:46 pm

Boozeman wrote:Hi,

Just realise that system names has those spaces too. I mean using underscore _ in filenames. But this can be done by own scripts etc. Maybe useless for 99% of users.

I am that old generation who hates spaces in filenames :)

I know what you mean :D

It would be pretty simple to add an option to globally replace space with _ if you like?
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

BlueDrache
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Blue Drache

Postby BlueDrache » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:18 pm

It tossed the "unhandled exception error" again ... :/ I clicked "Continue" and ran a test game to see if it would still work. It works as intended and outputs perfectly to .png as I selected.

Folders are as follows:

Screen: C:\Users\<name>\Pictures\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous
Logs: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Elite Dangerous\Products\FORC-FDEV-D-<xxxx>\Logs
Save: C:\Users\<name>\Pictures\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous

On-screen log as follows.

► Show Spoiler

Unknown if it will continue to throw the error going forward, but it works despite the error.
Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am ...
The Blue Drache

de Carabas
Master
Master

Postby de Carabas » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:54 pm

BlueDrache wrote:It tossed the "unhandled exception error" again ... :/ I clicked "Continue" and ran a test game to see if it would still work. It works as intended and outputs perfectly to .png as I selected.

Folders are as follows:

Screen: C:\Users\<name>\Pictures\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous
Logs: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Elite Dangerous\Products\FORC-FDEV-D-<xxxx>\Logs
Save: C:\Users\<name>\Pictures\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous

On-screen log as follows.

► Show Spoiler

Unknown if it will continue to throw the error going forward, but it works despite the error.

Was it a high res image? For E: D I know that by the name prefix, not sure how Steam does it.

I just got an exception with one of those. I'm not sure how E: D is doing it but it creates the image and holds it open for over a second which then causes the issue for me. I added a delay to my code to cope but I think I need to either add a longer pause or find another way to check if the file is 'free'.

BlueDrache
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Blue Drache

Postby BlueDrache » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:41 pm

It may be because of the game and logs are in the (x86) folder? IDK, it only happens on startup of the SS utility, but like I said, I can click continue and soldier on.
Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am ...
The Blue Drache

de Carabas
Master
Master

Postby de Carabas » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:48 pm

BlueDrache wrote:It may be because of the game and logs are in the (x86) folder? IDK, it only happens on startup of the SS utility, but like I said, I can click continue and soldier on.

Ah! So, when exactly does it throw the error? As soon as it starts, when you click enable, or the first screenshot capture?

Return to “Tools and Helpers”