Apps, websites, tools and helpers for Elite: Dangerous
de Carabas
Master
Master
CMDR: de Carabas
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Screen Shot Changer

Postby de Carabas » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:08 pm

The new Alien encounter causes a new event called SystemsShutDown and that was confusing the SSC when looking for what system the ship is in. I've fixed that in v 1.4.8 that is available now.
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby uvelius » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:16 pm

I used it and boy, I am really impressed. Well done de Carabras!!

One small thing: the JPG output option imposes quite heavy compression artifacts in the picture. maybe lessen the compress factor, or can it be adjusted?
As said, this is a trivial issue since PNG works fine as well and preserves some 95% quality very well.

Oh and another issue, anyone knowing a visualization software for 2014 flight logs? The Commander's log software doesn't import mine (might be discussed in own thread if it is a complex thing).

de Carabas
Master
Master

Postby de Carabas » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:59 pm

uvelius wrote:I used it and boy, I am really impressed. Well done de Carabras!!

Thank you :D

uvelius wrote:
One small thing: the JPG output option imposes quite heavy compression artifacts in the picture. maybe lessen the compress factor, or can it be adjusted?
As said, this is a trivial issue since PNG works fine as well and preserves some 95% quality very well.

Are you trying the most recent version? I already added the ability to vary the jpg compression after someone requested it on my website.

uvelius wrote:Oh and another issue, anyone knowing a visualization software for 2014 flight logs? The Commander's log software doesn't import mine (might be discussed in own thread if it is a complex thing).

Yeah, that one is beyond me. I assume you mean the netlog files that were being used for grabbing events before the Journals? Is it particular events you are looking for?
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

JustSomeGuy
Master
Master
CMDR: Murhapuro

Postby JustSomeGuy » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:23 pm

uvelius wrote:As said, this is a trivial issue since PNG works fine as well and preserves some 95% quality very well.

As far as I know, .png is a lossless format. The compression applied to .png files are more like zip like compression, no image information is lost.
I play on PC, in the Mobius PVE Eurasia group.

de Carabas
Master
Master

Postby de Carabas » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:20 pm

JustSomeGuy wrote:As far as I know, .png is a lossless format.
That's what I found when looking into adjusting the compression on the jpg. Some people just don't like png for some reason :?

de Carabas
Master
Master

Postby de Carabas » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:07 pm

I've updated the SSC again as I realised that the planet navigation function didn't cope with not entering the planet radius (which should have been optional).

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:37 pm

Thanks de Carabas. Love Screen Shot Changer!! :D
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

de Carabas
Master
Master

Postby de Carabas » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:45 pm

A few changes in the pipeline. Just doing testing and stuff so should be available soon.
    I've added regex type strings for CMDR name and ship type to be used in the renaming as they are available in the Journal.
    I've rewritten some of the code that goes through the Journal to be more robust and flexible.
    I've started trying to be interesting with connected devices. As I've got a Karotz, it now flashes one colour on SSC start and another on stop. Lot's of potential there, but early days. Thinking about other devices such as room lighting control etc......

de Carabas
Master
Master

Postby de Carabas » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:26 am

In my playing for the next version I've found a better way to access the Journal file and to monitor events. At the moment then I have it so that when I accept and complete missions my connected device is playing a sound. It occurs to me that I could have a section that allows you to specify an event (e.g. FSDJUMP) and a sound to play through the PC (like those that are used for Voiceattack etc).
It could even be an event and a particular parameter e.g. Play a particular sound when you dock at Raff's
Clearly this could get crazy.

Before I go too far, any input on what you would like? The more I think about it the more I like the idea of flagging your home station and having a "Welcome home Commander" sound on docking.....

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:24 am

de Carabas wrote:In my playing for the next version I've found a better way to access the Journal file and to monitor events. At the moment then I have it so that when I accept and complete missions my connected device is playing a sound. It occurs to me that I could have a section that allows you to specify an event (e.g. FSDJUMP) and a sound to play through the PC (like those that are used for Voiceattack etc).
It could even be an event and a particular parameter e.g. Play a particular sound when you dock at Raff's
Clearly this could get crazy.

Before I go too far, any input on what you would like? The more I think about it the more I like the idea of flagging your home station and having a "Welcome home Commander" sound on docking.....

Personally, I think this is feature creep. Your utility is excellent at what it does. Going beyond "Screenshot/Video changer" means that it is no longer just that, and is treading on other utilities that do THOSE things specifically. What you are proposing are available in EDDI, The latest HCS Voicepacks, and others.

If you are looking at doing these sort of features, or even expanding the current utility to do other things than what your core features are now, then I would suggest either a new utility, or at the very least, having a Basic version that just does what yours does right now.

I use SSC because its small, fast, does what it says on the box, and does it well with minimal fuss. If that were to change, I would have to either keep using the current version, or find another that just does what it does with no extras, or lastly, do without.

You have made a great program that fills a niche and works very very well. Maybe that is where it should be kept.

We have some damn fine TV's out there, but the makers kept throwing things at us. 3D!(that they have abandoned) Smart! (with apps that never get updated) Networked! (that never get updates because they change their models every year and can't be bothered to keep up the older models). In the end, we all have SEPERATE boxes that give us 99.9% of the functions that they have tried to shove at us. And 99.5% of the people don't use the features built in for the above reasons. Im not saying you're not going to keep it updated, but sometimes a TV is best as a TV. Besides, if you take the Best TV model with the best picture, and remove all the Smart/3D/network crap, call it a "Monitor", you can charge MUCH more for it. That's why you see 32" TV's with a great picture for $200 and the same thing called a monitor for $1000 :P

My vote for SCC is "KISS" and make something new and exciting! If you want to make a Swiss Army Knife, don't start with a Spoon. :P

By all means, make what you want, but think about what SCC really is. A great, simple, small, fast, well working utility. I would love to see what you could come up with with the new journal abilities since you have done such a great job with SCC.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Return to “Tools and Helpers”