Apps, websites, tools and helpers for Elite: Dangerous
Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Voice Attack profile - Dictation to text for Comms

Postby Loriath » Sun May 17, 2015 9:28 am

Gary has been working on a new Beta of Voice Attack. One of the neat new features he has added is a dictation to speech ability.

I have been playing with it and came up with a 9 Command Profile that will allow you to Dictate messages to the comms in ED.

HOW IT WORKS:
First you need to use the Voice Attack Beta that is available here. It will replace the current version you have. All the features and setups that you have will keep working, but it will add the extra features.
This will not work with the regular VA.

The profile contains 3 Static commands for convenience. You do not have to use them.

You will have to edit three commands: Standard Greeting, Standard Reply, and Standard Target.
The first line in the command sets the text you want to be sent if you say this command.

Standard Greeting is sent only in Local Chat. (ie: Hello CMDR.)
Standard Reply is sent only in reply to someone who messages you directly. (ie: Hello CMDR. How can I help you?)
Standard Target is sent only to your Current Target. (ie: Stand down. Do not run or you will be destroyed. Wait for instructions.)

I made these specifically to be static as a quick response. You do not need them for the rest of the dictation to work.

VOICE DICTATION COMMANDS:
These are the voice commands and how they work.

"Open a Channel"
This starts the dictation recording. It will take anything you sayand recognize it as best as the system can. It will keep recognizing till you give it one of the other commands. Pauses will be considered Sentence stops. It will automatically Capitalize the first letter of the sentence and put a period at the end.

Examples:
You Say: hello commander {you pause} how are you
System recognizes: Hello commander. How are you.
You say: hello {pause} whats up {pause} i dunno
System recognizes: Hello. What is up. I can all. (its not perfect :))

Once you have spoken your message, you have to give it one of 4 commands or it will keep recording.

"Close Channel"
Cancels dictation and clears the dictation buffer.

"Send message"
Sends your message in Local Chat. ( uses /l )

"Send Reply"
Sends your message as a reply to the last person that directly messaged you. ( uses /r )

"Send to Wing"
Sends your message to your Wing. ( uses /w )

Remember: You can cancel your message at any time by pausing and then saying Close Channel.

CAVEATS:
It is not perfect. Voice recognition in Voice Attack is looking for a specific word or two, so it works quite well (unless your accent confuses it) and will ever only be as good as you train the speech system. It will send garbage if you use longer sentences. Use shorter multiple sentences for better accuracy.

NOTE: While it is waiting for your dictation, YOU CAN NOT USE ANY OTHER VOICE ATTACK COMMANDS. These will not be considered VA Commands, but will be added to the Dictation recording. It will keep recording until it runs out of memory (no clue how long that is), you decide there is a preoblem, logout and reboot your PC, swearing at me, and sending me a nasty message, or you Cancel or complete the command with one of the 4 other commands.

ie: You say OPEN CHANNEL and it starts recording. You Say HELLO COMMANDER {you pause} POWER TO SHEILDS {you pause} SEND MESSAGE
In Local Chat is enters "Hello commander. Power to sheilds.

It does not force focus on the Comms pannel so it should not interfere with what you are doing.

I am not repsponsible for what you send, or the results from using this. You are on your own.

HOW TO GET THIS INTO YOUR NORMAL VA PROFILE:

Open the profile, and right click on each command and select Copy To and then select your normal profile. If you dont want the standard messages, don't copy them.
If you don't like the way they work, you can remove them from your profile. (Remember to remove all of them to avoid issues.)

Enjoy and if you have any issues or questions, feel free, but as I said, Use at your Own Risk - No Warranty expressed or implied!

:D 8-)
Dictation Mode Commands-Profile.zip
(6.84 KiB) Downloaded 467 times
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Return to “Tools and Helpers”