Apps, websites, tools and helpers for Elite: Dangerous
Gorf
Master
Master
CMDR: Hardy
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Roccat Power Grid - any users?

Postby Gorf » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:48 pm

Just started tinkering with the above software/tablet combo. It's pretty good at what it does, but I'm struggling a bit with some binds.

I've seen VA users on Twitch say "request docking" and VA just goes ahead and does it - none of that messing about forcing keystrokes in the left panel (apparently). How does that work?

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Roccat Power Grid - any users?

Postby Loriath » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:50 am

I used it with other games, but not Elite.

VA has to force the keystrokes, but it it probably doing it so fast you don't see it, or, if the person is using a headtracker, they may have disabled the focus movement that normal keystroke forcing will do so they can keep their current view.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:58 am

Dunno......The only way for that to work is if the docking comp had a key bind.....Which it has not.....Yet.....

So it must use a macro like I do on my grid setup......

*edit*

Ninjad.....

And yes I have disabled focus so I just hit the button and it does it in the background whilst i am still looking forward.....

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:19 pm

I do it with VoiceAttack (triggering it with a button on my HOTAS because I don't like voice commands).

First, make sure you have keys defined to open the navigation panel, switch to the next tab, move the selection down, and validate the selection. Then it's all a matter of having the program you're using playing the keys required to execute something like: open the navigation panel, pause, switch to the next tab, pause, switch to the next tab, pause, move the selection down, pause, move the selection down (you should then have Request Docking selected), pause, validate the selection, pause, move to the next tab, pause, move to the next tab.

This is from memory, so it can be slightly wrong here and there, but you should get the idea. And the pauses are required, otherwise the UI cannot keep up, but they can usually be as short as 500 or 250 milliseconds.

The only problem is that you have to start from the first tab. Thankfully, that's always the tab selected by default after you exit supercruise, so that's usually OK. And instead of staying on the contacts tab after the request, I have mine ending by another couple of tab switching to select the navigation tab again.
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

PvtClip
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: PvtClip

Postby PvtClip » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:00 pm

I use PowerGrid and I have a macro that does the request docking sequence. Its just pushing the same keys as I do and I also have it return all the tabs back to "normal" places. Just have to make sure the first tab (nav) is always the one thats active which under normal circumstances, it is.

Wulfy
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Wulf Sternhammer

Postby Wulfy » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:00 pm

Sorry to rez a thread that was last posted to a few months ago, but just wanted to say that I use Power Grid and although I also use Voice Attack and a HOTAS, I like the feel and look of having a tablet in front of me with the "console" feel to it.

I made a template for ED a while ago - its here: http://www.roccat.org/en-US/Products/Ga ... ation/460/
I went for a glass see through look so you could see the internal circuit board. Thought it looked quite good for a first attempt :)
IGN: WULF STERNHAMMER

Return to “Tools and Helpers”