Out of Fuel? -- Mobius Fuel Rats

General Discussion about Wings, Fleets and Subgroups.
uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Out of Fuel? -- Mobius Fuel Rats

Postby uvelius » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:17 pm

YESSS!

While idling on FuelRats and waiting for a Rescue job for the night, I was called to DrillRats(where new Rats are drilled before they are set loose on clients, a full-scale fake rescue Code Red operation). And was recommended as an overseer; which is the person that supervises the whole drill, so the Dispatch, the client and the actual DrillRat.
Well the drill I oversaw took not 30 minutes but ... three hours. And it felt good!
mouse_falls.gif
mouse_falls.gif (9.43 KiB) Viewed 24936 times

So I inexpectedly became Seer now!

Yahooow!

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:13 am

Congrats Uvelius!
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Mouse
Master
Master
CMDR: Baigs

Postby Mouse » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:09 pm

uvelius wrote:YESSS!

While idling on FuelRats and waiting for a Rescue job for the night, I was called to DrillRats(where new Rats are drilled before they are set loose on clients, a full-scale fake rescue Code Red operation). And was recommended as an overseer; which is the person that supervises the whole drill, so the Dispatch, the client and the actual DrillRat.
Well the drill I oversaw took not 30 minutes but ... three hours. And it felt good!
mouse_falls.gif

So I inexpectedly became Seer now!

Yahooow!

Grats ^,^.. While I passed my test and can rat.. my drill client didn't survive as they threw a loop that the Expediter nor I caught but one that I will be looking for from now on. Now just have to find the time to Rat >.>
In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - HHGTTGImageImage

uvelius
Master
Master

Postby uvelius » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:35 am

We have a CR LRR case near Jaques of one of our Mobius comrades, any rats in the vicinity look it up at the Fuelrats channel. Client will be online around 1-3 pm CET.
Squeak Mechasqueak for Case #7 for details.
Last edited by uvelius on Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

uvelius
Master
Master

Postby uvelius » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:39 am

ImageOh and did I already present my new glorified Ratter? The Rattalooga? :D

And a story from yesterday:

Well this was interesting.

It was the last rescue in an unbreaking row of operations since I changed into my beloved Rattalooga. It smelled like a damp Cat on a bad rainy day. A friend of the client was communicating through IRC, and the client was apparently new and needed a reverse friend request. Just before I reached him (wr+ bc + and even one-way voice+), he logged since he went CR and panicked. His position was reported to be right "in front" of the station ...

So all was looking really tense. I heard something was meowing behind my ratty neck. After a long rearrangement with Aitken and Dystopia with ages to fr, the Commander finally invited us, then logged back in as requested, did a decent wr+ ...
... and I dropped right 19km at the other side of the station, him waiting there. I boosted right over the mailslot, a Cats paradise for ramming I must say. Let his friend wait for me in an Eagle -- splat on my front windshield -- BOOM.

Yet wonders happened ... nothing! I boosted, boosted, boosted in the direction of the client`s Vulture (one more cat point there) with neck-breaking speed. I am glad he didn`t get a heart attack from watching the Beluga Liner coming in right in his direction at full burn, firing limpets like a madrat.

Well, finally he was refuelled, happy and thankful. Not everything going meow is a Cat flea indeed ...
Fly safe and hunt bravely, Commander. The Rats hail you.

Oh and a special story for those loving White Dwarves:
When a Rat trapped in a White Dwarf cone (with pictures :) )
Last edited by uvelius on Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nenacu
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Nenacu

Postby Nenacu » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:14 pm

Always admired the rats. Told myself that once I can get a proper ship for ratting, I'd join up in a heartbeat. Almost back to the bubble and potentially have my exploration Elite in hand. Should be good enough to get me the ship I want for ratting. Gotta go fast! That said, I gotta get my ship first, so that's another ~1500ly to the bubble. Couple days light travel, no? lol

uvelius
Master
Master

Postby uvelius » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:27 pm

Nenacu wrote:Always admired the rats. Told myself that once I can get a proper ship for ratting, I'd join up in a heartbeat. Almost back to the bubble and potentially have my exploration Elite in hand. Should be good enough to get me the ship I want for ratting. Gotta go fast! That said, I gotta get my ship first, so that's another ~1500ly to the bubble. Couple days light travel, no? lol

Great, looking forward to meet you in the Cave.

Aaaand ... yay! I made my 100th rescue yesterday, and was accompanied by a very fine honour guard of most appreciated Rats.

Mouse
Master
Master

Postby Mouse » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:10 pm

Uvelius,

Should I keep my Asp for Ratting or outfit the Conda when I get it?
In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - HHGTTGImageImage

uvelius
Master
Master

Postby uvelius » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:00 pm

Mouse wrote:Uvelius,

Should I keep my Asp for Ratting or outfit the Conda when I get it?

Mouse, the Rasp has normally a better range if dedicated for Ratting, while the RatConda would excel in multirole. Of course, a pure Rattaconda is unbeatable.
My ships as examples:
Rasp (pure Ratter): ca 46 ly
Rattaconda universalica: ca 36 ly
Pure, unarmed Rattaconda: >50ly (it is reported from Rats that those numbers are reachable even with SRV and fighters if you engineer everything to extremely lightweight. Weapons will still draw a lot of range, though).

Yet I have to say that you will get enough cases even with the universal Rattaconda, as long as you are not dedicated to LRRs. And you don't have to switch ships. So I would go for a Rattaconda, if you don`t need that baby for more serious combat (my Rattaconda holds its own even in Hi Intesity CZs, so those beasts do still wield a punch).

Mouse
Master
Master

Postby Mouse » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:45 am

I have some work cut out for me, but I am looking at getting a Conda and work on engineering hoping for light weight and far ranging FSD. Which I can switch out like I do with my asp Ratting/ Exploring, both, trade, etc

Return to “Wing Commanders”