Purple Central Industries - Pand solar system group

General Discussion about Wings, Fleets and Subgroups.
orgtest
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: orgtest
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Purple Central Industries - Pand solar system group

Postby orgtest » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:05 am

ok cool saves me making a wasted journey ill head over in small ship buy type 6 when there i think

Gaige Vandire
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Gaige Vandire

Postby Gaige Vandire » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:27 am

I'm currently working on adding trade data http://elitetradingtool.co.uk/ (other trading tools are available ;) )for systems within 100LY radius of Pand.

I don't get much game time so it's a slow process so if anyone wants to help out feel free. It's pretty quick and easy to do with the eliteOCR tool once you've got the hang of it. Takes me about 2-3 mins to capture screen data, convert to csv and upload. I'm saving all the csv files as I go, so they can be made available to anyone who wants the data to view how markets change over time (thinking Pand stations mostly).

So far I've headed over towards Inino and as far as Nahuaru, which is a High Tech system with A4 class upgrades!. Any suggestions for key/popular systems to be prioritised for data capture let me know (if data gathering isn't for you ).

ollobrains
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Ollobrains

Postby ollobrains » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:29 am

Ah much appreciated there gaige - that would be very helpful. Theres a lot of systems in the 40-100LY range from us only 1 at 19LY otherwise.

It is a fringe system, however this gets us well away from bigger galnet events. Gives room for expansion and system upgrades for the faction when those become available. Im not sure if the Group as a bigger whole has a system to run the background simulation. But this is a good reason for PVE and manipulating the background environment to achieve something bigger, metagame involvement and the like. On the offical forums givne my inability to post there zeeman is running things there, and ill mirror things here.

There are 5000 potential contributors, id like to see this group become one of the first indepdant empires/multiple solar system spanning factions. Players can only help factions, and in some statuses like civil war and high enough standings with said faction directly contribute credits, however it not sure how those donations get put into the war effort.

Dielos
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Dargo Losan

Postby Dielos » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:48 am

Hello ollobrains,

Just found out through this forum that you got banned! And I thought you where on vacations...

I was about to ask about your whereabouts at the ED forums, as some changes are going on in the system (pending civil war between the smaller factions? close to probable expansion...) and your imput is important!

I won't have a lot of time until next week, but we might need to get prepared for expansion, how to trigger it, and how to actually succeed. You might now what is best to do to achieve these things...

Regards and hope to see you back soon!

ollobrains
Competent
Competent

Postby ollobrains » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:41 am

One of many that got booted off forums without even a warning, my crime writing in bold pink print on a thread i was posting in. I wont dwel on it, i couldnt get a moderator response so i created gingermegs :) took em a week and that got nuked as well.

Ive contacted zeeman via another avenue outside of those forums his going to keep it going here, the group can be grown here, theres 5000 possible contributors and tis all us interacting with the environment for a purpose , that is purple central industires into a mini corporate empire. Ive actualy been active in the gameworld for the last week. 95% influence, i saw the civil war amount the minor factions and expansion just teetering on edge. Ive had to run in solo mode today, to many crashes in the open world ill try again tomorrow. Doing the usual palladium/gold/silver runs from pand to HR 6680. And personal weapons and food cratridges going back the other day.

Been USS hunting the minor factions as well. Got a nice little nestegg and the combra is upgraded now. I thik if we hit expansion theres a few bugs that havent been developer fixed yet, i saw mikunn went into a second system but thats less than 10LY to sukra. So thats not quite near us but been following that group. So until we get more dev blogs on fixes and new possibilities in the background sim, the boom critical looks like it might be better to push, i know from dev posts that boom raises wealth and development indexes for the system in question which when time comes for expansion which raises wealth and lowers development we hae some breathing room in terms of the secret indexes ( higher wealth and development) in my guess should increase the supply demand and prices as well as possibly mission types and the amount and composition of npc types across the system

For now as i stated earlier the push now is to get a few more people to come and party with us on the edge of civilisation. The system i think has 8 terraforming candidates as well - a 3 star 8 earth and waterworld like planets is very rare, it makes it an interesting destination for a holiday. The more the merrier and our only aim ofc is us against the environment and npcs so it fits right in, gives new membes to this group if they arent interested in the major faction somewhere well away from the action of the core worlds.

Its also 200LY from most of the rare worlds meaning if u come out u get full value for those rares of about 20,000 per tonne

Dielos
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby Dielos » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:10 am

Now I understand the thread cleaning that was performed this morning... :)

Anyway, will stick to this thread too then...

The cleaning of the thread also deleted a question i had to someone that said there was a system with an Alliance minor faction in it. I wanted to know what system this is, as I'm piling up quite some bounties with the Alliance and there I could cash them in. It was probably deleted because I guess I was quoting you (gingermegs)... If it was you, which system is that?

ollobrains
Competent
Competent

Postby ollobrains » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:28 am

Wow theyve even deleted other peoples threads that were discussing some of the bugs in the system. I dunno what to say i noticed a lot of regulars suddenly vanish and appear on reddit in the lst few weeks complaining of being banned ( offical FD forums) for minor breaches of their massive list of rules, some of which are just petty. Well i think its just best left at that. I think the system with the alliance minor faction didnt have a station though HIP 96385 or something like that. Ill have to take a little trip around the neraby area tomorrow now ive got the detailed surface scanner as well. Going to remap planets with the full data scanner for surface info that we can currenlty field ( level 2 and 3 aint ingame yet)

Can u PM the major contributors and any new posters on that thread that look like they are actually taking part and quitely point them to this forum which has a much better atmosphere and we are more likley to attract those who want to particpate in player versus and manipulating environment to achieve certain strategic objectives. By the looks at least 3 members were already members here anyway.

And thankyou to mobius and others here who are happy to assist us. If anyone has experience in aspects of the background sim ( Npc hunting, trading, economic theroies and any other inputs feel free to speak up) im looking to expedite the process of expansion in pand to the next nearest anarchy system orokumdra (not spelt right but its late). Unfetterd pirate faction is in charge owning one station and 61% influence.

Of interest is the development index ( wealth is easy enough as u just trade out expensive exports like palladium silver and gold ive run that experiment n a few fringe systems now and triggered boom succesfully) but theres no state to ascribe development perhaps expansion.

My current thinking is that technology (HE Suits, reasonating seperators) and production technology (mineral extractors, power generators and water purifiers as well as explosives and mineral oil) is a good import, and there must be a food related erm index as well for population which avoids famine but might not be fully active yet.

Rares are a class i dont have much experience with, im sure importing them does something to standard of living perhaps

Exports versus imports seems to be implicated somewhere like a balance of payments, popuation might come in in a GDP ratio.

Security level probably ties in with the government type, Standard of living, economic, development and wealth indexes come in. But the level of system authority vessels versus pirates versus bounty hunters and traders determines how safe a system is. Running combat missions and probably killing wanteds in USS and interdiction might help.

Bounties also assist influence im sure of that * but dont build the bounties up* as the gains are only applied to the background sim when one claims the bounty

Exploratin data turned into the local faction actually helps development, and perhaps later on gives the PCI faction a lifting of the fog of war, and may also interact with future community goals, events and expanion that happens once the full DDA system is implemented

orgtest
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: orgtest

Postby orgtest » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:53 am

Hey Guys! Would just like to mention just in case anyone missed it that the http://inara.cz/ companion is the bolloks.

For data it involves us putting stations and market data in but it is brilliant so i might suggest we all look at it and compile mass data for Pand and all neighbouring systems.

Yes this will take a while but it would be a vital tool for keeping track of everything when the expansion bugs are worked out!

Gaige Vandire
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Gaige Vandire

Postby Gaige Vandire » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:30 pm

orgtest wrote:Hey Guys! Would just like to mention just in case anyone missed it that the http://inara.cz/ companion is the bolloks.

For data it involves us putting stations and market data in but it is brilliant so i might suggest we all look at it and compile mass data for Pand and all neighbouring systems.

Yes this will take a while but it would be a vital tool for keeping track of everything when the expansion bugs are worked out!

Had a quick look at inara and it looks pretty. Certainly a lot of data can be captured. Couldn't see if it's possible to use eliteOCR, do you know if it is?

I've been using http://elitetradingtool.co.uk/ with eliteOCR just because it takes a couple of minutes to grab all the commodities market data straight off the screen and import it as csv.

I'm happy to switch efforts to inara if it's easier and better.

Dielos
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby Dielos » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:34 pm

I've PM'd one very active user at the moment. I will scourge the thread later tonight for more and write them if I have the time.

I see that Gaige Vandire is already around, and you said that Zeeman too, so those are done. I'll write later also to our explorer hero that brought in those 13M in data...

Return to “Wing Commanders”