Purple Central Industries - Pand solar system group

General Discussion about Wings, Fleets and Subgroups.
Barefoot Bandit
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Barefoot Bandit
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Purple Central Industries - Pand solar system group

Postby Barefoot Bandit » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:02 am

Rhysling wrote:Hmm... if you want more exploration data, I might bring the cobra over rather than the asp. I'm assuming there are too many people now for there to be enough missions to go round?

There always seem to be plenty of missions to go around. Especially now, with the civil war going down between two of the minor factions.

ollobrains wrote:Something that might help expansion ill use HR as example

I goto maclaiistairs there in HR 6680. Look for cargo demand missions ie silver, lithium etc, take the missions there, go back to Pand pick up the items on the market bring them back drop them off to finish the mission ( pay attention to the influence bar and who appears in the mission) PCI should pup up on one side of the ledger

This should count towards influence (expansion but maybe after 2-3 days)

I've been pre-empting these missions, I usually take 6T of copper, along with with a good mix of tantalum, gold, and a few T of palladium, and see a BB mission for one (if not two) of those on arrival. PCI has been popping up, from memory.
Z...

ollobrains
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Ollobrains

Postby ollobrains » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:21 am

yeah those missions will be credited in pand for PCI, and the other side will be the faction in HR. But with the distance between pand and other systems, it is a way of getting influence for PCI a bit more often. Once expansion kicks in and if they go into oro ( and once we flip a station there to PCI) the same can be done. Though it doesnt help the non station owning factions in the purchase system.

I think we are in for a little bit more grind yet. Seems to be dev inspired bugs and thins lacking that will slow us down. But its a long term project anyway, i expect the devs are making subtle changes to hte background ( influence, expansion, terraforming, market and npc impact from player actions all the background sim thingss are all server side issues and not with the game itself) so the server side of things is really up to the devs to make it more complex over time ( and they seem to be slowing working on it)

ollobrains
Competent
Competent

Postby ollobrains » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:59 am

Trade interdiction, get a frameshift scanner and interdictor, watch the big fat non PCI type 6 outside the station, scan its exit. Follow it to the nearby empty system (it will still have the faction tag on it) interdict it and then blow it up

Any loot u get can be sold at orokundra or no choen. And im sure that because the pand inc, friends of inc tag is still on it that it reduces their npc trade fleet in pand and because you dont get bounties on youre head in empty systems no bounties or wanted status

ollobrains
Competent
Competent

Postby ollobrains » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:04 am

Finished one of these smaller bounty hunt down awol pilots of purple central industry ( guessing they are missions based on the other 2 factions civil war) handed it in and did 2 of them ( both minor factions 1 on each got famine up, civil unrest up and lockdown up)
PCI had its civil unrest falling and influence up. So if youre broed they might be worth taking a shot at, a deadly eagle provides a nice knife fight for my cobra took about 15 minuts to down him

ollobrains
Competent
Competent

Postby ollobrains » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:49 am

Well we can say one thing now when i started the project with PCI at 55%, they had very limited system authority vessels they were all novice, over time they have upgraded the cops. Now we have system defense vessels, so the background sim is showing us PCI have beefed up their police force and now have a strong navy to. There are more npc traders in local and most of these belong to PCI

The same thing happened n mikunn from day one, though walter brushed it off, but seeing this, i say we keep up those 40k donation missions as we can, continue business as usual

The civil war will peter out soon and then i think PCI might see another few % points and sooner or later expansion has to fire. the two minor factions will basically weaken each other.

Once we get expansion though we will need to support the faction in both the new and old system, the mikunn folks made the mistake of moving over. After and if we get a successful expansion the next thing we need to do is fire another boom, the wealth plays a bit part i think first boom we got upgrade the system authority vessels a few weeks back, this boom with PCI that has just finished allowed system defense vessels to form pushing PCI from just having police forces to now having a navy/army of its own. At least thats the story the background simulation appears to be telling. We just need to see if the security of the system in the galactic map when itupdates next week shows any change. It would be nice if at this point some missions / community goals appear for exploration data and colonisation efforts to build a new outpost, but i dont think the devs have got that far but oro is within 20LY so an expansion trigger should sooner or later push us out to there. Theres a strong pirate faction there so if it happens we need to weaken them. But we will need to push the next biggest faction ( the smallest one there currently and cause a civil war first which if we raise influence and PCI can win) it will push them into 3rd plae out of 4 and so forth.

Barefoot Bandit
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby Barefoot Bandit » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:40 am

I got my discovery data over to the Lambda A. community goal - about 100 systems (I figured I'd take the "economic" route back to Pand, and sell all my scanned systems between L.A. and Pand to PCI). The other thing is, Lambda A. A is agricultural, so I took the opportunity to fill up on animal meat, grain, fish and fruit & veg. upon docking at SdG, I sold my discovery data, and tookt he "Pand needs food" missions for PCI where fish, algae, animal meat grain etc we wanted. I also took a 40k cr donation mission, and flew to Raleigh, gave them the cash, and then took any other missions needing food. Hopefully that will get us close to the 0.1% needed to hit 95% influence.

Going to head out and explore a bit more, and then donate that to the community goal again, then repeat the trip back with food and a long path to Pand with more exploration data.

The system defense ships, increased NPC traders and system vessels etc are very cool, though I do find it interesting that the minor factions managed to get some ships themselves, even though they have lost 40 percentage points of influence - so I'm not sure where they are getting their funding!

As much as I'd love to donate 4m cr, it takes too darn long to earn that much cash, so I'll stick to the 40k donations when I see them. Would be nice if there was a middle ground - like a 200k-400k cr donation tier. It often seems there is no middle ground with Elite!

Anyway, I'll throw a few more hours at exploration tonight, and let me tell you, I hate being interdicted with touchpad control. Fighting it out is horrible - and annoyingly, they have a knack of interdicting nice and close to the system star, so no matter what I do, I suffer hull damage thanks to heat build up (the python starts to suffer hull damage at 135% instead of the 150% of all other ships I've flown), it gets darn expensive to repair!

Anyway, I think it's pretty awesome what you've managed to achieve with this project, Ollo, though having had a quick glance through the influence at the Lambda A. system, hitting 100% will be tough, the dominant faction is at 99%, and that is after tens thousands of thousands of systems worth of exploration data. Though, the minor faction civil war there may be preventing the final fractions of 1% from being claimed...

The T-6 interdiction thing sounds like a plan, I'll give that a go once I'm back at home, as I said, fighting anything on the touchpad is a nightmare, though I doubt the civil war will still be on the go a week from now. Anyway, back to exploration for now...
Z...

Dielos
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Dargo Losan

Postby Dielos » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:51 am

Barefoot Bandit wrote:Anyway, I'll throw a few more hours at exploration tonight, and let me tell you, I hate being interdicted with touchpad control. Fighting it out is horrible - and annoyingly, they have a knack of interdicting nice and close to the system star, so no matter what I do, I suffer hull damage thanks to heat build up (the python starts to suffer hull damage at 135% instead of the 150% of all other ships I've flown), it gets darn expensive to repair!

I'm not having that problem with interdictions, they seem to wait until I'm off the star? I did read somewhere that if you turn around and face away from the star, any NPC trying to interdict you will run into the star. I have never tried it though, and might even be gone already as there have been some AI updates since then.

Barefoot Bandit wrote:Anyway, I think it's pretty awesome what you've managed to achieve with this project, Ollo, though having had a quick glance through the influence at the Lambda A. system, hitting 100% will be tough, the dominant faction is at 99%, and that is after tens thousands of thousands of systems worth of exploration data. Though, the minor faction civil war there may be preventing the final fractions of 1% from being claimed...

Z...

I'm going to join Barefoot here with the congratulations. It's not only a great achievement the effects we are causing, but also banding us all together and organising has been a great success.

I'm also having the biggest fun in ED since I started playing, so thank you ollobrains! It's great having a greater purpose and goal to look forward to!

Barefoot Bandit
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby Barefoot Bandit » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:16 am

Dielos wrote:
Barefoot Bandit wrote:Anyway, I'll throw a few more hours at exploration tonight, and let me tell you, I hate being interdicted with touchpad control. Fighting it out is horrible - and annoyingly, they have a knack of interdicting nice and close to the system star, so no matter what I do, I suffer hull damage thanks to heat build up (the python starts to suffer hull damage at 135% instead of the 150% of all other ships I've flown), it gets darn expensive to repair!

I'm not having that problem with interdictions, they seem to wait until I'm off the star? I did read somewhere that if you turn around and face away from the star, any NPC trying to interdict you will run into the star. I have never tried it though, and might even be gone already as there have been some AI updates since then.

This used to work, hav enot tried recently, though the reason I am getting interdicted is because I stopped paying attention. It seems the only ships interdicting me are "Elite" rated ships, which will be awesome when I get back home to my HOTAS, but I have gotten used to NPC's not getting near me. I am starting to think it is ship/loadout/rating based as to whether you get interdicted or not.

I'll pay more attention to that when I get back home, too...

Z...

ollobrains
Competent
Competent

Postby ollobrains » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:00 am

zeeman/BB with the elite forums i been following there to great work. Just keep it afloat and theyll flock in. though id prefer specific types, there could be someone working against us we wouldnt know.

That said yes the PCI forces are building up and we can see it in the game world, the whole system is becoming a bigger economic powerhouse (supply and demand is rising slowly week to week)

From here on in my focus if we cant move influence will be expansion ( the dukes of mikunn is a casae in point they now have 35% in HR 7637 and 10% in sukra ( our goal should be to push into a second system heck maybe even a third with minor influence) this still porbbaly counts towards the factions total wealth ( it gets tallied up for a total) now thinking the empire and federation are 1000s of systems and consist of the big major faction and then minor sub factions - id love to see inddpenants the same become mini empires but alas mabe not yet.

So if we cant expand lets try and make pand itself a wealty tiny population system with lots of system defense and system authority and no piracy ( high security). If thats all the background simulation will allow us to do. If we spread even better our story becomes more complex, my thinking is the background sim is a ongoing project and the devs appear to be adding components and making it compex every week.

PCI weidling capital ships or a fleet of 10 anacondas or pythons outside of each of the stations will be a good start - and a sign that we are still making progress. The devs appear to be fine tuning population and expansion mechanics now so at the least position ourselves for when that time comes. Weve got more missions with the civil war still raiding, and im still getting boom related missions.

Hutng down minor faction non PCI traders by following them to nearby systems and hutning them down ive got 4 in the last 2 hours, got about 200k worth of loot ( 2x 16 palladium which was black market sold for 7.5k on the black market in oro) at least for illegal stuff even though we dont get missions and cant sell it in pand, we have plenty of anarchy nearby ( might change as we expand our bringing some law and order - unless we can work a terraforming station) so for now business as usual, try to get more players up here helping and having fun with us and building PCIs wealth, security arm, standings influence etc until such time as the developers give us mre tools and things to do.

orgtest
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: orgtest

Postby orgtest » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:01 pm

Ok does anyone have a list of systems local to pand e.g pand extraction hip (whatever) hightech because im struggling to get anywhere with these transport missions! It would just speed things up and help greatly!

Return to “Wing Commanders”