Purple Central Industries - Pand solar system group

General Discussion about Wings, Fleets and Subgroups.
ollobrains
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Ollobrains
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Purple Central Industries - Pand solar system group

Postby ollobrains » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:42 am

Yup all sounds interesting, the game has hit steam so im promoting the main forum group there to

Do we need a forum of our own perhaps if it gets popular enough im looking at setting something up to

Minyeni
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Minyeni

Postby Minyeni » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:19 am

CMDR Minyeni checking in on the PvE forum. I'm in and out of Pand on a regular basis; if I'm not killing WANTED NPCs in the Nav Buoy zone in my Vulture, I may be out on a rare-item run in my Asp.

I have tried at least twice to work on the "Kill Bounty Hunters" mission PCI wants me to do, but when I head to any of the three systems listed in the mission, I can't find anyplace where there are NPCs, much less what the game considers "bounty hunters". The three systems have no stations, so there's no nav buoy; when I (rarely!) see a USS zone, it's empty except for a few canisters of something (usually biowaste) and the floating debris of some poor NPC's ship. How are these missions supposed to work?

I've probably delivered 1MCr of exploration data to the SdG station, and sold 400T of rares and 1000T of ordinary commodities; I've hauled out another 1000T of metals to nearby (hah - nothing's nearby) systems. It's a bit disheartening to do so much work and not see the results we want (real stations! expansion to a nearby system! expanded trade routes that don't require 50+ LY each way!). But I'm gonna keep pushing, because eventually something interesting's going to happen!

See you around.

ollobrains
Competent
Competent

Postby ollobrains » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:13 pm

USS sites in empty systems can be found more often if u get within 20LY of the gas giant or other planets and slow to a halt 30m sec speed they do appear a bit more often, that said the dingbats at frontier do need to do a lot of work on these sorts of things. 1.3 has promise

Good to hear youre still pushing, im doimng several hours a day still so theres others of us out there who are committed.

Im turning to mapping a 1000LY zone around pand 10 systems a day then return and do some uss hunting for wanteds, at the moment expansion is the one we want and to tip that turning in exploration data seems to work best.

Minyeni
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Minyeni » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:33 am

Wish I were rich enough to have two Asps, one equipped for trading and one for exploring. I hated trading in my Type 6; every two-bit NPC interdicted my butt and I got chewed up running, since the T6 is completely incapable of defending itself. I love getting interdicted in my trader Asp; I just turn the tables and clobber'im.

ollobrains
Competent
Competent

Postby ollobrains » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:42 am

well the rares run with an asp ( solo around lave though) can fetch some nice values and quick credits. Theres some very quick credits around pand in the 20-50LY range, found at least 50 systems with 100k+ if u have an advanced discovery scannner and a detailed surface scanner lots of water and earth like worlds. A quick leg up to 5 mil for an second asp of something more shiny

ollobrains
Competent
Competent

Postby ollobrains » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:35 am

Just a quick daily update for those that havent logged in yet

Boom and civl unrest uptrending, lockdown still the only status active. Expansion still critical, that data from you zeeman will be helpful im adding a few systems a day but i think we need more ciritical mass. Are there any mobius members that are lurking but not involved feel free to speak up 97.5% is stil PCI influence

ollobrains
Competent
Competent

Postby ollobrains » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:34 pm

Friends of pand has jumped to 4% influence and purple central industries has dropped to 93%. Not sure if tis lockdown or a bug causing this, but if anyone has some time can we get some activity back into pand.

Minyeni
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Minyeni » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:47 am

I keep being offered "Kill bounty hunter" missions. I go to the system(s) mentioned in the mission. When I drop into a USS, I get contacted by an NPC who offers me an alternative mission. I ignore that NPC and go looking for bounty hunters. I never find any. I kill every NPC I encounter, some with bounties of their own, and (if I'm in an anarchy system) those without bounties. The mission never completes.

How do I find "bounty hunters"? Or are those missions just bugged?

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:33 am

Usually bounty hunters have a Kill Warrant Scanner. So when you scan a ship, check the subsystems tab and see if they have one. That being said, I usually don't take these missions (being a bounty hunter myself), so I don't know if they're bugged or not.
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

ollobrains
Competent
Competent

Postby ollobrains » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:50 am

We have an additional issue up here in pand that if u dont have a bounty on youre head, killing them results in a bounty on you. i always take the missions in pand outside of pand in the empty nearby sectors. Flips advice is sound scan the ship and look for them to have a kws

Now a seperate issue is the lack of USS sites in empty systems, the spawn rate on these can be raised by getting within 25LY ive found of a planet , gas giant etc and drop to 30m second, you get about a tripling of the rate of USS,WSS and SSS sites.

Pand is a bit of a interesting case as no other settled systems within 10LY we dont get neighbour missions like other more core sectors do. We are as a group rapidly trying to get expansion and a second system to play in as it will expand missions and options, but we are just a touch short of critical mass at the moment

Waiting for 1.3 as apparnetly theres a near tripling of content related to all aspects of the game ( which tie in with the background sim) we do have a new thing active in pand and that is demand for the mineral panite * its not a rare good but it its supply is very rare and it buys 38k per unit)

So the search is on for a supply source for that pand has a demand at both stations of 418 units. So if anyone finds it let us know where the sale point is nearest as bringing these items in should trigger booms ( and as a result of the wealth upgrades from recent booms) it has appeared.

We are in lockdown now and PCI influence has dipped to 94.6%, i did manage to bring it back up from 93.2% earlier by doing about 60 supply missions ( personal weapons and food cartidges for PCI)
Exploration data sales are a good way to boost influence, as are killing USS wanteds ( without missions) i do these in pand and friends of pand are the target ( wanted upon normal scan)

So everyone that is in we are having an affect on pand, 4 booms in a month has given us upgrade supply and demand and a new trade item. Lockdown has spawned more pirates in USS sites ( wanteds) , missions havent changed much but 1.3 or expansion to a second system should change that. We have some new faces from the steam thread i created they are flying around as well.

Plus we have some guy in solo who is just shooting everything he comes across ( may have tipped lockdown over) i think he drops into open occasionally he has a big bounty so if u see him he is KOS, names on the offical version. Barefoot will be back soon with 100m credits worth of data which should tip PCI to expansion. Im doing 10-15 new systems per day from within a 100LY boundry of pand.

Got friends of pand down to one step above where they will attack me automatically in standings it takes a lot of killing their wanteds to get this standing but once your red to em theyll attack u and u can kill em back without needing to worry about the cops. So once that happens i can just farm them as they are at 4% and spawning in a lot of USS sites so ill do my best to push em down to 0% agian.

Traders the usual exports of palladium, silver and gold is good, import of panite if we can find a supply nearby, mineral extractors and reasonating seperators as well as water purifiers and bioreducing lichen are all good imports

Return to “Wing Commanders”