ADMIN POLL: Regarding recent rise of cheats/hacks/godmodes etc.

The place for you to catch the latest news

Should we make it known we do not support this behaviour in our internal rules and policy?

Poll ended at Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:27 pm

Zero Tolerance, amend the policy
71%
Remove pilot - report to frontier as due diligence
18%
Do nothing (it was in open, who cares)
6%
other option? - leave in comments, BE CIVIL.
6%

Total votes: 17

Saberius
Admin
Admin
CMDR: SABERIUS
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

ADMIN POLL: Regarding recent rise of cheats/hacks/godmodes etc.

Postby Saberius » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:27 pm

Dear All,
Regarding recent rise of cheats/hacks/godmodes etc.

CMDR Plater interviewed the 'peaceful' protestor who demonstrated the usage of such methods that can and will affect other players in game.
Whilst some effects are 'local' affecting only players in the same instance, others can enable a player to affect the BGS that stretches across all consoles, platforms of the game we love playing so much.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jkP7d9 ... e=youtu.be

** It should be noted that FRONTIER have removed that pilot in breach of their EULA already and shadowbanned permanently (unable to play in either open or private, and they do not affect BGS)

Sadly, I have come to recent evidence information that some MOBIUS pilots are also using such apps.
Even though it was in Open mode, and used to evade a rather infamous pilot, (name sounds like Parry Hotter)... I do not think we should condone any usage of such, especially by pilots who fly the Mobius association squadrons/wing information.

I believe we cannot be be seen as being supportive of a method that can and will eventually ruin the game for other pilots new and old, to the game.

In the end it is up to Frontier to show similar attitude and actually stomp on the issue, but the public awareness is present.
Should we make it known we do not support this behaviour in our internal rules and policy?

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: ADMIN POLL: Regarding recent rise of cheats/hacks/godmodes etc.

Postby TorTorden » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:36 am

This would be out of mobius purview and Frontier already have their stance on the matter.

Any usage of such tools will face reperecusions from frontier simple as that.
Movies should just stick with what mobius does.

If you see cheaters, report them to frontier, not mobius, regardless of what group your in.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

DarkMere
Master
Master
CMDR: DarkMere

Postby DarkMere » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:10 am

Personally I do not think these players should be welcome anywhere within groups who wish to play in a PVE on a level playing field. Further IMO it would enhance Mobius to have zero tolerance towards such members.

Cyclinguy
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Cyclinguy

Postby Cyclinguy » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:35 pm

Surely it's a given that breaking the EULA isn't allowed, period? No one could reasonably claim they thought breaking the EULA was OK in Moebius because it wasn't explicitly forbidden in the group policy, so I see no need to change it.

I initially selected the option to ban and report the player, but began to wonder if even this would be such a good idea. How would this work in practice? A player that thinks another player is cheating reports them to Frontier _and_ to the group's admin? Or just the latter? What if Frontier decide there was insufficient evidence or that the reporting player was mistaken? Is the Moebius membership of the reported player reinstated?

I think the correct course is to report a cheating player to Frontier wherever they are encountered and let them deal wirh it. If the group thinks it is useful to put something to this effect in the group's policy with instructions how to report a player, then by all means, let's do that. The admin hassle of trying to police cheat accusations, without access to Frontier's resources, seems best avoided to me.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby TorTorden » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:16 pm

DarkMere wrote:Personally I do not think these players should be welcome anywhere within groups who wish to play in a PVE on a level playing field. Further IMO it would enhance Mobius to have zero tolerance towards such members.

Yes.

But what's the point of adding this responsibility on the group managers.

FD will take care of that far better than any action a mere group managers can.

Using hacks are a breach of EULA and bans and or shadow bans will be enforced BY FD

Just having these people removed from mobius does nothing to alleviate the problem.

If someone are hacking themselves to be immortal why not play in open anyways?

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

DarkMere
Master
Master
CMDR: DarkMere

Postby DarkMere » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:42 pm

TorTorden wrote:
DarkMere wrote:Personally I do not think these players should be welcome anywhere within groups who wish to play in a PVE on a level playing field. Further IMO it would enhance Mobius to have zero tolerance towards such members.

Yes.

But what's the point of adding this responsibility on the group managers.

FD will take care of that far better than any action a mere group managers can.

Using hacks are a breach of EULA and bans and or shadow bans will be enforced BY FD

Just having these people removed from mobius does nothing to alleviate the problem.

If someone are hacking themselves to be immortal why not play in open anyways?

Yes I understand what you are saying and I very much respect it. That said the poll asks a direct question and so I vote as to how I feel, which is in accordance to what I said above.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:10 pm

I say just kick em from the group and inform FD......

Only FD can do anything anyway......

I really don't see the point of hacks/cheats in any game.....

I like the journey...Be it hard or easy....Mess up....Try again.....Mess up...Try again.....Learning as you go.....

I really don't care about ranks/titles whatever......Enjoying the game and having fun are top of my list.....

Oh and that infamous personage tried it on with me in open......

Bit off a bit more than he could chew and legged it......Then either went cold or logged.....

Can't drop shield cells when a quick ram has wiped ya shield out....

Followed by a few overcharged plasmas and rapid multis opening up on ya......

I enjoyed that........ :D :D

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Saberius
Admin
Admin
CMDR: SABERIUS

Postby Saberius » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:39 pm

Dear all,
thank you for your informative feedback. - Thread will be locked as we consider the people have certainly spoken, and most fairly.
This poll was also posted on the Mobius Facebook where it received a lot of comments, the majority of which reflected a general consensus.

At this stage, there have been no removals from any of the Mobius groups, forums, discord or Facebook of EULA breaching pilots. Frontier will deliver and mediate punishments as only they can, as we agree.

Thus, the council have decided to update the page/policy to reflect this stance on no cheating.

" ...Breaking any of the above rules, including any of the Frontier EULA rules may result in a ban without warning to protect the group from further unwanted infractions.
This includes usage of hacks, cheats or other mods that offer a distinct unfair advantage over other pilots in any in-game mode.
EULA Breaches will include support ticket report of breaches to Frontier policy which may result in disciplinary action by Frontier.

...Once again, the rules are here to clarify some details, not to complicate the game! We want to play together and have fun.
That is the purpose of this game and the group. "To each their own". "Do not spoil another players game", "Don't cheat", "Don't be a dick"."

Return to “News and Announcements”