DW2 Mobius Squadron (Latecomers [LCEX])

The place for you to catch the latest news
Alexfighter
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Alexfighter
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: DW2 Mobius Squadron (Latecomers [LCEX])

Postby Alexfighter » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:40 pm

Yes, I think we are past the critical point for merging. I'm sorry for MEC, we all lost a chance of be a bunch more, but 6 weeks past the expedition start we moved faster than them.

About "Factions", what I meant that it was a good idea is because you can sign up for both Factions and your "world area" PG. So, no hurries on that, as we'll be in contact here and in-game we can organize, but by singing up in Factions we have a chance of bunch up all together, instead of being divided in America and Eurasia all the time. It doesn't have to be a rule. If we organize some common work / travel (and these three weeks of Explorer's Anchorage are good to start teaming together), having the chance of grouping is cool.
Alexfigher

On INARA
And EDSM

Exploring the galaxy looking for the Pumpkins' New Home.

RagingMutton
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: RagingMutton

Postby RagingMutton » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:16 pm

Just sent a join request.

I did a lot of reading around, seems like the only group left that's interested in others . Maybe after the cliff of people falling off after this WP. Who knows.

Mearmortal
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: MEARMORTAL

Postby Mearmortal » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:01 am

Alexfighter wrote:Yes, I think we are past the critical point for merging. I'm sorry for MEC, we all lost a chance of be a bunch more, but 6 weeks past the expedition start we moved faster than them.

About "Factions", what I meant that it was a good idea is because you can sign up for both Factions and your "world area" PG. So, no hurries on that, as we'll be in contact here and in-game we can organize, but by singing up in Factions we have a chance of bunch up all together, instead of being divided in America and Eurasia all the time. It doesn't have to be a rule. If we organize some common work / travel (and these three weeks of Explorer's Anchorage are good to start teaming together), having the chance of grouping is cool.

I'm up for it, I've just requested PG in game menu, and I've submitted another form on the 'Join' section as I didn't understand the 'Factions' piece at the time. It's only when you work through the aspects of the site in real time do you start to understand what you need to do.

The next step I guess is some form of broadcasts to other members maybe some chat in the relevant time zones in Euroasia and America.

Norbert Stiles
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Norbert Stiles

Postby Norbert Stiles » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:16 am

I agree with the wait-and-see course of action. We have already attracted 24 members in "Latecomers" and somehow we are 34th in the exploration league tables.
I really appreciate the input from other cmdr's, particularly Cmdr Tifu for providing such useful information.
Also to Fleetcomm for recommending us.
I am currently away from the game until next week, but hope to research how to organise an event or two whilst we wait at WP7 . Any ideas how this can be done and what we can do?
Back Monday.

pressy II
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Pressy II

Postby pressy II » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:48 pm

We should think about our own mass launch for WP8 on March 18th 20:00 UTC (at least for the eurasia fraction).
registered on INARA and EDSM

SamTargaryen
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: SamTargaryen

Postby SamTargaryen » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:50 pm

pressy II wrote:We should think about our own mass launch for WP8 on March 18th 20:00 UTC (at least for the eurasia fraction).

I like the idea. But I'll be back after the first jump.
I will stay at EA until the 21st, I want to see the finished product!

To anyone interested: tomorrow at 20:45 UTC my mining gear will arrive (including the Pulse Wave Scanner). I'll go out mining soon after, everyone is welcome.

Tifu
Master
Master
CMDR: Tifu

Postby Tifu » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:47 am

Alexfighter
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Alexfighter

Postby Alexfighter » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:35 pm

We could do one of the following (or more) in group:
- Survey Ring Cartography 2.0 and Living rings (see info at #dw2-announcements, Fleetcom discord), if anything's left to survey, before the CG.
- Mine or whatever missions require the CG (Match 7th)
- Choose an uncharted sector nearby in the Galaxy Map and map it. For Science!
- Organize a trip to the Peak (and back).
Alexfigher

On INARA
And EDSM

Exploring the galaxy looking for the Pumpkins' New Home.

Tifu
Master
Master

Postby Tifu » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:59 am

Tifu
Master
Master

Postby Tifu » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:05 am

I think a DW2 WP8 launch event for Mobius is a great idea. Timing it after EA is complete sounds like a smart move to me. Let me know if it pushes through -will let Noodle know so we can get Fieetcomm to advertise it.

Return to “News and Announcements”