The place for you to catch the latest news
Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

3.0.3 Dropped Today......

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:13 pm

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Re: 3.0.3 Dropped Today......

Postby Xebeth » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:24 pm

And wing missions are still not worth it. A quick scan of the board and 8.8M for a 7.5K T delivery, that 2.5 runs each for 4 cargo cutters, from the same board running normal delivery runs I can get 12M for 2 runs on my own.

Hopefully the new KWS will be worth it.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:46 pm

Wing missions are still shit with a capital S............

Just done a one jump 5.3 mill for 120T.............

Whoever designed the wing missions I think maybe a drug test would be in order.........

:)

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly

Postby Xebeth » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:23 pm

The KWS scanner however is a great improvement, back to the good old days of BH'ing, seeing ships with over 500K bounties on them, made 3.5M in less than half an hour without really trying.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly

Postby Xebeth » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:31 pm

Oddly one of the bounties I have to claim is for 'The Guardians', not sure is this is a standard faction or not, but I note that over on the official FD salt mine that people are reporting getting Thargoid reputation changes, so something may be coming.

Also, I thought that if the KWS detected a bounty on a ship it made it a legitimate target even if it wasn't previously flagged as wanted, but when I KWS'd a clean ship and it found a bounty on it I still had to high-tail it out of there when I opened fire, perhaps I've misunderstood it?

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:52 pm

Xebeth wrote:Also, I thought that if the KWS detected a bounty on a ship it made it a legitimate target even if it wasn't previously flagged as wanted, but when I KWS'd a clean ship and it found a bounty on it I still had to high-tail it out of there when I opened fire, perhaps I've misunderstood it?

I take the change :

Attacking Wanted ships (player or NPC) is now legal even if the player does not know they are Wanted

to mean that you don't become wanted for shooting at a ship before your passive scanner shows it as wanted. But if the ship shows clean on the passive scan, you have a bounty.

I have no proof or data to back up my theory. It's just how I think FD is implementing it. :P
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly

Postby Xebeth » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:06 pm

JohnLuke wrote:
Xebeth wrote:Also, I thought that if the KWS detected a bounty on a ship it made it a legitimate target even if it wasn't previously flagged as wanted, but when I KWS'd a clean ship and it found a bounty on it I still had to high-tail it out of there when I opened fire, perhaps I've misunderstood it?

I take the change :

Attacking Wanted ships (player or NPC) is now legal even if the player does not know they are Wanted

to mean that you don't become wanted for shooting at a ship before your passive scanner shows it as wanted. But if the ship shows clean on the passive scan, you have a bounty.

I have no proof or data to back up my theory. It's just how I think FD is implementing it. :P

That bit makes sense if they would have become wanted if you finished the scan, but in this case the ship had no bounty before the KWS, and a 70K bounty afterwards, I thought that the KWS was meant to therefore legitamise the kill, but that didn't happen, but now I re-read the patch notes

The Kill Warrant Scanner grants a license to kill for any faction bounty linked to the current jurisdiction’s superpower

So the bounty I saw may not have been linked to the Superpower.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:13 pm

Can't say on that......

I've only KWS'd ships after they come up wanted on the passive............

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly

Postby Xebeth » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:21 pm

More experimentation needed, but I believe that if a ship has bounty from say Fed aligned faction A and you scan it in Fed aligned faction B's system (where it appears clean), the KWS will pick up faction A's bounty and you can kill it for the bounty.

We shall see...

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:38 pm

Well reading back......

"The Kill Warrant Scanner grants a license to kill for any faction bounty linked to the current jurisdiction’s superpower"

Sounds like you can kill Fed in Fed and Empire in Empire..........

Which in that case is gonna be a mind fuck if you scan someone in a Fed space and they show a bounty but it's in Empire.......

How will you know???

Surely the KWS should only pick up Fed in Fed and Empire in Empire bounties if that's the case......

I know it used to pick up everything across the powers......But if it still does that, it sounds like it can drop you in the shit........

Return to “News and Announcements”