The place for you to catch the latest news
Falcon_D
Master
Master
CMDR: Falcon Darkstar
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: 3.0.3 Dropped Today......

Postby Falcon_D » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:35 am

So if you scan a clean ship in independent space and it shows a bounty, you can’t shoot it?

Imo
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Imo

Postby Imo » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:40 am

... and it is totally bugged. :(

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Xebeth » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:03 pm

Falcon_D wrote:So if you scan a clean ship in independent space and it shows a bounty, you can’t shoot it?

If it comes up as wanted with a basic scan then nothing has changed, it's just the KWS that been played with.

In some ways the KWS scanner works like it used to, when you KWS a ship it shows the extra bounties from all over the place, however the biggest change is when dealing with clean ships.

Now (assuming I've understood it correctly, yet to actually test it) when you KWS a clean ship it will show any bounties that do not apply to the current system you are in (like it used to before they changed it a few patches back).

But now if one of those bounties was issued by a faction aligned to the same power as the one that controls the system you are in then it validates the bounty and legitimises the kill.

So, if you are in a Fed system and a clean ship has a bounty from a different Fed controlled system they should become wanted when you KWS them, Empire for Empire, and (in theory) Independent for Independent.

However, the KWS seems to pick up all bounties, even ones that you can't legally claim in the system you are currently in, so you still need to wait for the ship to show up as wanted (I think, needs to be tested).

TL:DR - wanted ships are still wanted, the KWS works like it used to, you now have the chance to trigger a wanted status on a clean ship using the KWS if it has the right type of bounty from another system.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:05 pm

Imo wrote:... and it is totally bugged. :(

It's ED, did you expect something different?
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:08 pm

Xebeth wrote:However, the KWS seems to pick up all bounties, even ones that you can't legally claim in the system you are currently in, so you still need to wait for the ship to show up as wanted (I think, needs to be tested)

I think that's about it........

It also would explain the other night when in a wing and a ship was KWS'd......(High Rez)

Came up as wanted.......Target was called.....We attacked and all fecking hell broke loose......

I think now I would say only KWS after the passive......

As said I only do that anyway....But seems even more important now.........

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Dudley
Master
Master
CMDR: Dudley_Dawg

Postby Dudley » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:44 pm

Xebeth wrote:.... but I note that over on the official FD salt mine that people are reporting getting Thargoid reputation changes, so something may be coming.....

Oh dear, they seem to be most upset with me already..... How was I to know, they don't like fish...! :shock: :shock:

o7 Dawg
As a tribute to Tor, my CMDR has small feet too! o7 Dawg

Hrdina
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Hrdina

Postby Hrdina » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:30 am

Xebeth wrote:Oddly one of the bounties I have to claim is for 'The Guardians', not sure is this is a standard faction or not, but I note that over on the official FD salt mine that people are reporting getting Thargoid reputation changes, so something may be coming.

I haven't seen that, but I recently found where the Galaxy Map can't make up its mind whether the Guardians own a particular system.

Jameson & Son are my copilots

Return to “News and Announcements”