CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

And BOOM! Nerf Hammer Falls!

Postby Loriath » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:21 pm

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... ost6476538

► Show Spoiler

And

► Show Spoiler
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: And BOOM! Nerf Hammer Falls!

Postby *Al* » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:08 pm

By the time others reach the road it's a bit late to start the journey..

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:53 pm

[engage sarcasm]
"Hey everyone, I found this amazing exploit... oh you took it away"
"Hey everyone, I found another amazing exploit... oh you took it away"
"Hey everyone, now keep it to yourselves this time, but I found another... oh you took it away"
"Whaaaaa!, why FD? Why? Why won't you let me do the same thing over and over again so that I can miss loads of stuff and quickly earn the credits for a big ship that I don't know how to fly so that I can... um, well you know to... err, look until I have a big ship I can't... um, well everyone knows that you need a big ship to... err?"
[disengage sarcasm]

:D
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Lanceor
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Lanceor

Postby Lanceor » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:50 pm

Can't blame people for scrambling to the latest gold rush. I was expecting this one to last a week or two, but suprisingly FDEV hit it with the nerf bat within 24 hours. The problem wasn't the missions themselves - it was the constantly respawning skimmers making the missions trivially easy to complete.

However, a fix to board flipping is probably a good thing - it's one aspect of the game that has no semblance of realism whatsoever and the only reason why anyone would do it is to game the system.
Very little game time, but often chatting at work.

Renown
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Renown

Postby Renown » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:53 pm

I've gone back to the Imperial Rank grind I was 60% Count and decided to go for Duke. Expecting it to take ages with the new +++++ reputation mission reward choice it's flown past this evening, I'm at 50% Marquis and one a half more runs of 20 data boom missions from Achenar to Vequess/Cemiss will probably do it.

I won't post in the Frontier forums about how good it is now though, they will probably nerf it.

Lanceor
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Lanceor

Postby Lanceor » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:59 pm

The +++++ reputation rewards are really good for gaining rep with a faction. Unless I am mistaken however, I don't think they affect Naval rank - it's mainly the number of missions that count.
Very little game time, but often chatting at work.

Renown
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Renown

Postby Renown » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:23 am

Lanceor wrote:The +++++ reputation rewards are really good for gaining rep with a faction. Unless I am mistaken however, I don't think they affect Naval rank - it's mainly the number of missions that count.

Reputation is local faction and power, you get a little graph showing your reputation on the reward completion page it might look maxxed at allied but I think it all counts. It's certainly going up a lot quicker than it did before 3.0. 60% Count to 50% marquis with only 3 data delivery runs of 20 missions. That seems faster to me, seems faster than it did going from Baron to Count. I even managed to get the 25 modular terminals to unlock Qwent.

Inara has crapped out on me but when it's up again I'll count the number of data boom missions I did this evening.

uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång

Postby uvelius » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:36 am

Funny side note, when I was popping skimmers in a cheap Eagle –- engaging multicannons and cannons to have some fun -- there sat a big fat Python. Sometimes it was in fact engaging, but behaved like a defense ground battery, didn't take off and stuff. Oh and it shot frags ... which didn't impact standard a-reated shields (on an Eagle!) even when quite close.
Now I like the fact that some sentry is taking care of those poor settlements actually, but this was ... maybe not exactly as intended.

Phillipus
Expert
Expert

Postby Phillipus » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:42 am

Managed to get in on Sunday and made 2 billion plus a lot of engineering mats. Best fun in ages.

These "exploits" are pretty much the only thing that I find interesting in the game. Robigo was fun, high paying passenger missions were fun. Bring on the next "exploit", I say.

Tom Derrick
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Tom Derrick

Postby Tom Derrick » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:18 am

Phillipus wrote:These "exploits" are pretty much the only thing that I find interesting in the game. Robigo was fun, high paying passenger missions were fun. Bring on the next "exploit", I say.

That´s something I honestly don´t understand.
I´m not saying you are playing it wrong or something like that, but I would imagine that if I made 2 billion credits on one day, I´ll be more or less done with the game. I´d buy my ship of choice with all A-grade modules and then all that´s left is grind for ranks.

I really don´t get why people would use exploits to skip content and then complain about a lack of content...
(not aimed at someone specifically, but there are a lot of those on the official forums)

Return to “News and Announcements”