The place for you to catch the latest news
Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Incoming Message from Cmdr. A-Team

Postby Loriath » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:18 am

Our boss, Cmdr. A-Team, is out exploring looking for new bars, new gambling joints, and new ways to corrupt new players. He sent me over a message that he wanted passed along to the rest of the Elite PVE peoples. I have quoted it below.

It's important. Read it all.

Cmdr. A-Team wrote:Alright Team, Listen up!

I am currently nursing a hangover about 4K from the bubble hiding on the backside of a planet because this stupid B-Class star is burning my retinas out. While recovering and trying to find my pants, I got a message from Artie over at INARA (https://inara.cz).

Seems he just did a Major update for ED 3.0. Now I am authorizing the A-Team to pass this info along and if they give you any crap and don't want to listen, shoot them in the face for me and mark down their name and I will pay them a visit when I get back.

Now, here's the Info:

It seems Artie has had a bit of insomnia and has outdone himself. He has added a complete set of tracking tools for engineering. He has always been the best at tracking who does what, but now, he has a way you can keep track of ALL the items you need to take care of any mods you are planning.

Not only can you make a Crafting List for your Blueprints, you can also tell it how MANY of each you want and how many rolls you expect to use to get that item from Lvl 1 to 5. And how many times you need to do it. Need to upgrade 3 Multicannons? Then it will track 3 times the items that you need.

And he is also tracking the Material Traders Locations. Not only that, but he will tell you what you can trade in your materials and data to get the items you are missing WITHOUT leaving you short. Got 100 Focus crystals but only need 40 for your rolls? It will tell you that you can trade 60 of those to get those extra heat vanes.

And if you're smart enough to use ED Market Connector (EDMC), it will update INARA with all your info. Ships, Modules with Engineering stats, Credits, Ranks and more.

So you add the blueprints you want to craft for, and set the amounts you need to do each one, then check your Crafting List for an overview and then look at your Missing Components to see either where to get them, or what you can trade to get them.

Normally, I would keep this info Top -Secret for A-Team use, but I have seen too many Commanders drinking themselves into oblivion instead of having fun, and it breaks my ice cold heart. Wasting good booze on petty things when the answer is right in front of them.

So, pass this info on and make sure that when I get back I don't have to sit in the bars and listen to all these whiny bastards complain that "Tracking my stuff and Engineers is too hard... WHAAAAAA! bartender, more booze, its too hard...." and I can enjoy my drinking in peace and quiet and only have to listen to laughter, belching, and the occasional person vomiting in the corner.

Cmdr. A-Team

Okay, so you heard directly from our Leader. Get your lazy-ass ships over to Inara and check it all out.

Oh, and if you see Artie, give him a High Five and hit his donate button and buy that man a Beer. He does all this for free, and from the looks of it, he has no life other than being an amazing code-Monkey. We can at least get him drunk once in a while to say "Thanks Artie, Don't throw up on your Space Boots".
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Dudley
Master
Master
CMDR: Dudley_Dawg
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Incoming Message from Cmdr. A-Team

Postby Dudley » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:28 pm

Artie..... THE MAN!!!

oh, the "throwing up on space boots".. thing... that's the only way to get a drink out of him.. sigh :roll:

o7 Dawg
As a tribute to Tor, my CMDR has small feet too! o7 Dawg

Return to “News and Announcements”