PATCH IS LIVE ! Beyond 3.0 patch notes.

The place for you to catch the latest news
Jeffers2112
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Jasper Randall
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: PATCH IS LIVE ! Beyond 3.0 patch notes.

Postby Jeffers2112 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:36 am

Went back to Jameson to fit out a 'Conda for trading.
What's with the "cannot be fitted for legal reasons" on stored modules?
I eventually had to "Clean" them at great expense. How on earth can a piece of stored equipment have an outstanding fine? I'm bounty free everywhere and I don't go in for illegal actions. Most I've had was trespass fines doing scan missions.

JustSomeGuy
Master
Master
CMDR: Murhapuro

Postby JustSomeGuy » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:28 pm

Unless I have forgotten something trivial, I don't this this is how it should be..

20180228_conda_pp.jpg
20180228_conda_pp.jpg (169.17 KiB) Viewed 3289 times

100% output, 87% usage, bar maxed out with a warning. Fitting a more powerful PP only changes the usage %.
I'll start waiting for that patch patch too. :)

On other things, I think the new cockpit voice assistant, Celeste, is too expensive for what it is.
I play on PC, in the Mobius PVE Eurasia group.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:19 pm

JustSomeGuy wrote:Unless I have forgotten something trivial, I don't this this is how it should be..

100% output, 87% usage, bar maxed out with a warning. Fitting a more powerful PP only changes the usage %.

On other things, I think the new cockpit voice assistant, Celeste, is too expensive for what it is.

Adjust your Priorities. Sheeesh. So it got reset. No Biggie. Did you forget how to work things? And you get 2 Voices for free.

Wow a lot of negativity here lately.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

JustSomeGuy
Master
Master
CMDR: Murhapuro

Postby JustSomeGuy » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:39 pm

New ship, I did adjust priorities after the screenshot. What I meant is that shouldn't the power bar be at 87% and not 100% as only 87% has been used? Adjusting prios didn't help with the usage either. The ship does fly, and the power usage shows correctly on the fitting screen, but the right side panel always shows 100% used no matter what.

And I did not mean this as an FU to Frontier, just telling about my findings. I wasn't expecting a fully working game right after a massive patch, of course there will be bugs and my power usage surely looks like a bug to me. And I still do think that COVAS 'Celeste' is too expensive for what it is. I expected 2-3 €. The upside is that I don't have to buy it if I don't like the price. :)
I play on PC, in the Mobius PVE Eurasia group.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby TorTorden » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:10 pm

Priority settings designate in which order a module will yield it's power draw.

lower the number, the less cooperative it will be.

So just like niceness setting on a *nix system.
Output at 100% means nothing is wrong with your reactor, it's a healthy reactor.

If it takes damage it will start failing meaning it will drop as low as 40% output, meaning you have less than half as much power as normal.
the second is how much power the modules in the list can draw, if all are online at once.

Most combat ships I own is pushed in regards to power mostly from highly demanding shields and guns. Often to a tune of 110%+.

This works since when your guns are retracted. They aren't drawing any power.
And when you are fighting you most likely don't need modules like a fuel scoop, cargo hatch and fsd interdictors, so you can use priorities so that these modules offline nicely and without hassle when you deploy your hardpoints.

I personally prioritise so things I only need in supercruise is set to group 5, lowest possible Priority, like scoops, interdictors etc.
Guns and weapons on 4.
Shields and utilities on 2-3.

Group 1 the one group that will never offline unless of a catastrophe, is reserved for thrusters, and gtfo modules.
So my number 1 often look like.
thrusters, fsd if possible, heat sinks, chaff, point defence, that stuff.
And tuned to be below the 50% mark of the power yield. so if I get my power plant shot out.
I can still limp off into cruise or jump out.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

LeDoyen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Le Doyen

Postby LeDoyen » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:39 pm

TorTorden wrote:
LeDoyen wrote:Weeeeell it's a mess... my home system is being swarmed by thargoids.. in the bubble :)
Already a few bugs.. repair/reload bars appearing with no title, in red, while my ship had fired and was slightly damaged.
Patch patching coming soon !

This was bound to happen eventually, since I'm sure much fewer players than FD initially thought gave two thuds about thargs in general.
I'm sure it will taper out in eight months or so.

To be honest, when i chose the Koenpa system as my home base, it was to be first in line to see shit hit the fan :p FD delivered

But at the speed the "narrative" develops, i believe in 8 months, they may have destroyed 3 or 4 more stations with not much else to read about.
We'll see in a year or two !

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:13 pm

JustSomeGuy wrote:Unless I have forgotten something trivial, I don't this this is how it should be..

20180228_conda_pp.jpg

Nah, it's bugged, I can turn the warning symbol on and off by changing a priority even though I'm only at 89%, also apparently a couple of the beam lasers, chaff, docking comp, PD and fighter hanger on my conda all use 0% power
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

raorn
Competent
Competent
CMDR: raorn
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Postby raorn » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:31 am

TorTorden wrote:As for engineering in general, where is the rush, you don't have to re-engineer ANYTHING RIGHT FUCKING NOW

BECAUSE I'M THE PLAYER CHARACTER HERE I PAYED MY MOM'S MONEY FOR THIS GAME I WANT ALL SHIPS ALL UPGRADES RIGHT NOW AND GIVE ME SPACE LEGS YOU MAKING GAME NOT FUN!!!!!!!!!1111eleven

[/sarcasm]

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:55 pm

Xebeth wrote:Nah, it's bugged, I can turn the warning symbol on and off by changing a priority even though I'm only at 89%, also apparently a couple of the beam lasers, chaff, docking comp, PD and fighter hanger on my conda all use 0% power

I think the warning symbol is to let you know that when you deploy your hard points your systems will shut down - unless you prioritize your modules, and thus get rid of the warning symbol (I pretty much ignore this screen once I set priorities). Of course, compared to coriolis.io, where I really to all my module priority work, it's a pretty weak tool (think negative thoughts, think negative thoughts ...).
It's time to give this another go.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:35 pm

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:
Xebeth wrote:Nah, it's bugged, I can turn the warning symbol on and off by changing a priority even though I'm only at 89%, also apparently a couple of the beam lasers, chaff, docking comp, PD and fighter hanger on my conda all use 0% power

I think the warning symbol is to let you know that when you deploy your hard points your systems will shut down - unless you prioritize your modules, and thus get rid of the warning symbol (I pretty much ignore this screen once I set priorities). Of course, compared to coriolis.io, where I really to all my module priority work, it's a pretty weak tool (think negative thoughts, think negative thoughts ...).

That's certainly the way it should work, however my Conda is only 89% with weapons deployed, and as I say there are a bunch of things that should be drawing power registering as 0% even though they are active and working, so definitely a bug, however a relatively minor one.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Return to “News and Announcements”