MarrV
Competent
Competent
CMDR: MarrV
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Player Faction impacted by PAX missions to LTT 9360 asking for our help

Postby MarrV » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:46 pm

Deal;

A lot more politely put than my attempt :)

Back to topic;
Have reached "allied" with all but 2 of the factions. Now nearly every mission I take from them is over 1mil per passenger. It just takes a lot of missions to get there (I also did donation missions and some +++ data/assassination missions).
At this point am pulling in around 200-250mil per run, each run taking 20-30 mins to fill (think the difference in Parutis IS the lack of the 7th faction) plus the ~44minute journey time giving me a 1hr 4min to 1hr 14min run length (average of the two being 1hr 9 mins, or 69 minutes).
Thus an average per hour of 217.391m/hr.
Only taken 3? weeks of several hours a day to reach this point :D

Deal
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Deal

Postby Deal » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:23 pm

MarrV wrote:Deal;

A lot more politely put than my attempt :)

Didn't read whole thread before posting. I'm not saying I like the shape of my own text, but....
;)
MarrV wrote:Back to topic;
Have reached "allied" with all but 2 of the factions. Now nearly every mission I take from them is over 1mil per passenger. It just takes a lot of missions to get there (I also did donation missions and some +++ data/assassination missions).
At this point am pulling in around 200-250mil per run, each run taking 20-30 mins to fill (think the difference in Parutis IS the lack of the 7th faction) plus the ~44minute journey time giving me a 1hr 4min to 1hr 14min run length (average of the two being 1hr 9 mins, or 69 minutes).
Thus an average per hour of 217.391m/hr.
Only taken 3? weeks of several hours a day to reach this point :D

My sample size is too small to say much, but I must ask, are you being at all picky about profit per head or lie silo destinations?
I consider a 15m fill to be a bag-o-shite-rolls at this point.

I'm glad the payouts are representative though (perhaps even better than my results). You could probably expedite matters a touch by running the R2R out to LP 862-184 and dumping half there and half back at Kamuy (if starting from scratch at neutral).

MarrV
Competent
Competent
CMDR: MarrV

Postby MarrV » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:04 pm

The fill time I was using was not choosing a profit per head minimum or lei silo vs Vela dock. If it went to Medb I took it.

When I am not measuring time to fill I do focus on the 1mil+ per head goal, just because I can.

The general rule of thumb I go by is;
See first Medb run mission;
If it is 1mil+ per head I will try to stick to that
If it is not I will ignore the 1mil per head
If it is to Vela (80% of them are in the last day or two) will again try to stick to Vela.
I mark the start time each time, if I take everything going to Medb or I just happen to not refuse to take any (every mission meets the criteria I set that time, aka I do not pass on any offered Medb missions) I will write the finish time down & add it to the list.
As soon as I "pass" a mission I scratch out the start time as it is no longer a fair comparison.

This way I am only recording data that I have not been "picky" over. To maintain a constant.

Can you tell I trained as an accountant?

The one thing I do have to "calculate" is if I get dc'd during flight (have to estimate the "down time" between the dc occuring and returning to SC in system. Generally speaking I just dis-regard the "flight time" of that trip as it is not 100% accurate (so far as I am able to record it).

I have managed 1 7 minute fill (remember it as it was my record), a few 15 minute fills, but most are 15-20 minutes with more 20-30 minutes than 15 minute fills. The biggest issue I am having recently is actually sticky board syndrome.

Also of note is I am not taking "no crowns". If one of the 2 remaining non-allied factions has a rep +++ crown mission I will put it in a 8 person cabin (have 2 of them).

Sunnie
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Suvi Anwar

Postby Sunnie » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:40 pm

I run a combination of passenger and cargo missions from my home system to MEDB, and prior to this request I had little trouble filling my mission list with either. It just seems odd or coincidental that about the point where this was posted, is the same point it started taking me upwards of 45+ minutes to get the missions I wanted. They just weren't there. Like I noted previously, I completely understand the folks over in LTT9360 not wanting there BGS work messed up, I just thought it a bit daft to try and send everyone over to a single other system.

I watch the the system logs and was pretty happy with the relatively low numbers of ships passing though my home system, I always was able to get the missions I wanted pretty quickly (5-15 minutes). However, with the influx of CMDRs now over in that system cluster, they are exhausting the mission pool quickly and keeping it empty. Not sure if CMDRs understand that there IS a mission pool, and it can run dry and stay dry with a large number of players drawing from it.

At any rate, I do understand that complaining about anything is akin to pissing-in-the-wind, I would just like the folks making requests to help keep their systems from flipping, understand that they can inadvertently negatively impact someone else when they single out some other system to ravage.

As always, o7 and fly safe!

Deal
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Deal

Postby Deal » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:10 pm

MarrV wrote:Can you tell I trained as an accountant?

Oh dear. Perhaps don't look too closely at my numbers then, since I struggle to add up small change.
MarrV wrote:I have managed 1 7 minute fill (remember it as it was my record), a few 15 minute fills, but most are 15-20 minutes with more 20-30 minutes than 15 minute fills. The biggest issue I am having recently is actually sticky board syndrome.

I was in the area so decided to run some more. 2 aborted fills: 40min 2/3 full and 20min 4/5 full (sticky board bs) then 1 20m fill with a small amount of SB and just now set off after a 9m fill with no SB. Spoke too soon I guess.

OT, Lave is in boom atm so I'm going to head over there to try and get Didi Vatermann's quota of lavian brandy done a bit faster.

I've also modified raorn's script a bit with some top shelf cut and paste. It will now import and display the total number of factions in a system (requires the local db to be rebuilt) and output the pax destination pool for each system (potentially at least. I've just matched systems within the specified radius of each matched source with large pads. There may be other factors that determine valid pax destinations).

raorn: The default jump radius is 15. Did you arrive at this number from experience of the mission board range limits or is it officially referenced somewhere?

I'll switch to viewtopic.php?f=23&t=8667 for discussion of the tool but I want to tidy it up my modifications a bit first.

raorn
Competent
Competent
CMDR: raorn
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Postby raorn » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:22 am

Deal wrote:raorn: The default jump radius is 15. Did you arrive at this number from experience of the mission board range limits or is it officially referenced somewhere?

Just my observations. I think furthest was 14-something Lys. Not counting VIPs of course.

kktwenty
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: KKTwenty

Postby kktwenty » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:40 am

griefers are pushing smeaton area into civil unrest for what it is worth.

raorn
Competent
Competent
CMDR: raorn
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Postby raorn » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:53 pm

A-a-a-and it's gone https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... ost6326366

Отправлено с моего Nexus 9 через Tapatalk

Lanceor
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Lanceor
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Lanceor » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:00 am

raorn wrote:A-a-a-and it's gone https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... ost6326366

Отправлено с моего Nexus 9 через Tapatalk

...at least until the next money-printing bandwagon appears.
Very little game time, but often chatting at work.

knight76
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Knight76

Postby knight76 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:44 am

Appears PAX missions are still rolling along ok, I did a run last night picked up 30 million for the trip without any board hopping shenanigans etc. Just called in to a station and scooped the PAX missions up.

Return to “News and Announcements”