Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Player Faction impacted by PAX missions to LTT 9360 asking for our help

Postby JohnLuke » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:07 pm

This was brought to my attention today:

Good evening commanders,

I am CMDR Mr.ziPPeR, from the Black Birds Squadron. We are an independent group of pilots, based in Munfayl, our home system. We are fighting for our minor faction, named BLACK BIRDS CONSILIUM.

For the past years, we put a lot of efforts into conquering the systems around Munfayl and we finally managed to build ourselves a small bubble of 21 systems, some of which we are still trying to get total control over.

But this enterprise is in jeopardy. The long-range passenger missions to LTT 9360 (a system we control) are lowering our influence in all the systems delivering those missions.

There is nothing we can do to fight this, yesterday no less than 7900 commanders have been sighted in LTT 9360. As we are in war in GD 1192, our influence is dropping and we have trouble winning this war, even with the help of no less that 40+ CMDRs from different allied groups.

We do not want to abandon our systems because of this. We will fight for them, no matter what.

I believe our neighbours from Ceremonial Teabaggers, based in UPSILON AQUARII have already came to you for such a request, so allow me to do the same.

We would really appreciate if you quit using the following routes :

- GD 1192 (BBS controlled system) to LTT 9360
- HK AQUARII (BBS controlled system) to LTT 9360
- LHS 4046 (BBS controlled system) to LTT 9360
- HUICHI (BBS presence) to LTT 9360

In exchange, let me offer you some alternative routes, with the same payouts than the missions to LTT 9360. Those routes have been less advertised, but they work exactly the same.

All of them are directed to the system MEDB. This system has 2 stations, Vela Dock and Lie Silo, a planetary outpost (landable for size L ships). The distance in SC is approx. 1.600.000 ls and should take around 40 minutes to be completed.

The routes are the following :

- KAMUY (Ockels Terminal, selling Passenger Eco Cabins) to MEDB
- PARUTIS to MEDB
- CORYCIA to MEDB
- EEA to MEDB

You don't need to be allied with the factions giving missions.

I will illustrate my sayings with two screenshots, taken today, from the PARUTIS to MEDB route :

I made 104 M CR in 70 minutes, with mission to BOTH Vela Dock and Lie Silo, and you can see from the first picture that I am not allied with any of the giving factions. I was using a Python with 132 passengers capacity.

Running those routes with a bigger ship, and picking missions only to Vela Dock might grant you an approx. rate of 180 M CR / hour.

We would really appreciate if you start using those routes from now as it will release some pressure over our BGS, and not hurt any player factions.

Thank you for your attention and consideration.

Mr.ziPPeR, for the Black Birds Squadron
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

MarrV
Competent
Competent
CMDR: MarrV
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Player Faction impacted by PAX missions to LTT 9360 asking for our help

Postby MarrV » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:55 pm

Missions to ONLY vela dock will reduce the amount of missions you receive by approximately half (by logic standards), or 60-70% (judging by the spread of missions I picked up today, but sample set too small to draw conclusions from).

180mil/hour is not guaranteed and possibly optimistic (never made that much, yet...), simply due to the amount of board refreshing needed to fill a 132 (python) 160 (conda) full of passengers. It is RNG based, was filling python in 10-20 minutes on average first thing today, high run value of 66mil, Conda took nearly an hour this evening for a value of 99mil.

So travel time of ~30 minutes to vela dock from the medb sun, (Lei Silo is 0.42ls away, so depending on your skills at landing on a planet its only a few minutes more, say 4?), 4 minutes to return to evans port (will get exact times on next run) plus time to fill with passengers was giving a range of 606 (conda) to 68.2 (python) mil per hour. Am sure others who have been using this route can give better, or at least more experienced figures.

edit; Timed out a run below, takes 40 mins to reach vela dock, not 30 so numbers above are wrong (also average time to fill conda is now 40 mins not 60)

Posted on old thread before seeing this here JL, so linking old thread to your new one.
Last edited by MarrV on Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:17 am, edited 6 times in total.

SockFiddler
Competent
Competent
CMDR: SockFiddler

Postby SockFiddler » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:05 pm

I remain confused by this type of request.

Are we OoM members expected to keep a print-out handy of places we can and can't take missions and which factions we should and shouldn't support?

Will the 250 people active on this forum* make, really, any kind of a difference at all to the problem they're describing when the request cites 7,900 commanders using that system alone? Are they planning to reach out to and ask the other 7,700 commanders?

Surely, if this is impacting this handful of players so much, the more efficient solution is for however many of them there are to let go of the one troublesome system than to ask 8,000 people to stop going there and making money?

Is 21 systems really a "small bubble"? Really? Or is that quite a sizeable lump of control which could afford to take a hit or two when it expands to consume some of the most profitable routes available?

Is OoM otherwise friendly with these groups that come asking for everyone to change how they make money and play their game (and start caring about this stuff) or are these just well-spoken (typed) strangers come to ask the Lots Of Players And Counting Mobius for favours? What I mean is were these groups friendly with us before they experienced whatever BGS issue they've come to ask for our help with?

Genuinely, if another player group claiming control / influence / whatever the issue is here over MEDB came along and ever-so-politely asked OoM players to stop running missions there, too, would a similar order also be issued?

I really don't mean to be difficult, I just don't understand the point of issuing these edicts. Surely it's just tokenism - someone approaches with a request we have little to no influence over and we say "Sure! We'll put an order out about that!" but, ultimately, nothing much is going to change because - as demonstrated with this example - there are almost 8k players a day running these missions, and for a good reason: they make lots of money.

I appreciate this particular requests comes with some alternative routes, but how do we know that running those alternates isn't going to see some other group approaching us in a couple of weeks with a similarly nicely-phrased request to stop making money and politely piss off elsewhere?

*I am aware that there are many, many more members of Mobius PVE, but only a tiny fraction of them will be using the forums or Discord. And, therefore, hardly any Mobius members will ever become aware of this request, much less decide to adhere to it.
"Drink fast, die young"

"You may ask who was wearing the bow tie; me or the shark. The answer is: YES."

Lanceor
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Lanceor
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Lanceor » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:30 am

Mr.ziPPeR is understandably doing what he can for his player faction and nobody outside of his guild is obligated to help him.

If you're running missions in the area and want to be a nice person, then consider trying one of the alternate routes that Mr.ziPPeR offered. If anything they are less likely to be nerfed as they receive less attention than LTT9360/Rhea/Quince.

If going out of your way to help out yet another complete stranger isn't your thing, then you don't have to help. Nobody can malign you for playing your way and blazing your own trail.
Very little game time, but often chatting at work.

MarrV
Competent
Competent
CMDR: MarrV

Postby MarrV » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:09 am

To follow up from my post above;
Run in Anaconda "Bumper Car". Passenger space 160 between Parutis & Medb
Started filling up with passengers @ 23.38.00pm
"Refreshed" boards 25 times, did NOT take 11 crown missions
Stopped at 23.58.00 with 154 passengers (6 spaces left)
Departed at 00.04.13, docked at vela dock at 00.44.23
Time to travel between vela & lei; 5:32
Time arrived back at start 1:00:20 (am)

Total Time lapsed; 1:22:20
Total time spent in stations :10.28
Total "mission" time: 1:11:52
Payout (including cargo sold @ point of receiving it) 90.9m

Far cry from 180m/hr, am cordial with 5 and friendly with 1 of the factions.
Raw data as I recorded it in notepad below, so math can be checked as am not that awake atm
Also if someone can point out the rng variance % or give more data so can compile the variance would appreciate it, currently can not see how 180/hr is possible.

Lastly given that the is a 5? minute extra time to travel to lei from vela it does not make sense to not pick up the missions to both considering your flying for 40 minutes to get out there.

► Show Spoiler

Edddelos
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Edddelos
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Postby Edddelos » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:56 am

JohnLuke wrote:This was brought to my attention today:

Good evening commanders,

I am CMDR Mr.ziPPeR, from the Black Birds Squadron. We are an independent group of pilots, based in Munfayl, our home system. We are fighting for our minor faction, named BLACK BIRDS CONSILIUM.

But this enterprise is in jeopardy. The long-range passenger missions to LTT 9360 (a system we control) are lowering our influence in all the systems delivering those missions.

I believe our neighbours from Ceremonial Teabaggers, based in UPSILON AQUARII have already came to you for such a request, so allow me to do the same.

We would really appreciate if you quit using the following routes :

- GD 1192 (BBS controlled system) to LTT 9360
- HK AQUARII (BBS controlled system) to LTT 9360
- LHS 4046 (BBS controlled system) to LTT 9360
- HUICHI (BBS presence) to LTT 9360

In exchange, let me offer you some alternative routes, with the same payouts than the missions to LTT 9360. Those routes have been less advertised, but they work exactly the same.

All of them are directed to the system MEDB. This system has 2 stations, Vela Dock and Lie Silo, a planetary outpost (landable for size L ships). The distance in SC is approx. 1.600.000 ls and should take around 40 minutes to be completed.

The routes are the following :

- KAMUY (Ockels Terminal, selling Passenger Eco Cabins) to MEDB
- PARUTIS to MEDB
- CORYCIA to MEDB
- EEA to MEDB

You don't need to be allied with the factions giving missions.

I made 104 M CR in 70 minutes, with mission to BOTH Vela Dock and Lie Silo, and you can see from the first picture that I am not allied with any of the giving factions. I was using a Python with 132 passengers capacity.

Running those routes with a bigger ship, and picking missions only to Vela Dock might grant you an approx. rate of 180 M CR / hour.

We would really appreciate if you start using those routes from now as it will release some pressure over our BGS, and not hurt any player factions.

Thank you for your attention and consideration.

Mr.ziPPeR, for the Black Birds Squadron

I have contacted fellow Cmdrs that I know of, and have alerted them to this situation.

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:01 am

Sockfiddler, there will be a lot of people who read this forum without being members. For example, I'm not a member of the official ed forums but I keep up to date there.

Also, they will be spreading this message to other groups like Canonn, LL, teabaggers, the sovereignty etc etc.

Lastly, for those that do this, if sitting in SC for 30-40 for imaginary money is how you get your kicks, then you must be a blast at dinner parties! :lol:

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*

Postby *Al* » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:52 am

Relix Typhon wrote:Sockfiddler, there will be a lot of people who read this forum without being members. For example, I'm not a member of the official ed forums but I keep up to date there.

Also, they will be spreading this message to other groups like Canonn, LL, teabaggers, the sovereignty etc etc.

Lastly, for those that do this, if sitting in SC for 30-40 for imaginary money is how you get your kicks, then you must be a blast at dinner parties! :lol:

Coupla things Relix, (and slightly ot)

Putting 'lol' or a jokey smilie after a comment does not negate the rudness. (wish it were so I would use bucket loads).
(With the exception of ships spoilers and Belugas), Commanders are not obliged to 'get their kicks' in a set way (or indeed your's)

To quote the A-Team motto "You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.

Oh, you didnt get your party invite? sure I put it in the box.

raorn
Competent
Competent
CMDR: raorn
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Postby raorn » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:58 am

If you know what "Ruby" and "PostgreSQL" means, there's a little script that assists in finding such "profitable" system pairs - https://github.com/raorn/EliteDangerous

Отправлено с моего Nexus 9 через Tapatalk

Arguendo
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Arguendo

Postby Arguendo » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:37 am

For those who are questioning the numbers of the route. I have used this route extensively myself, as I was the one who told Mr.Zipper about it. I found it by searching a bit myself, but I am sure others have found it as well, it's just not as advertised as LTT for some reason.

After gaining more rep with the factions, you will receive missions that consistently pay out 1M+/passenger. In a passenger Conda for me, with shields, that's 160M+/trip. The limiting factor is how unlucky/effective you are at board swapping. That unfortunately is RNG and can't be controlled.

BBS completely understand if people don't want to move from their favorite passenger route where they are allied with most factions, perhaps have a passenger ship set up, and get the high paying missions off the bat. The are only making this request in the hope that a few may follow up on it, to help lessen a little of the effect on their BGS.

Btw, I am not a member of BBS, I only know of their woes because the are allied with my group Cobra Kai.

Return to “News and Announcements”