Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Player Faction impacted by PAX missions to LTT 9360 asking for our help

Postby *Al* » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:57 pm

Lanceor wrote:
*Al* wrote:Sorry Deal, could you please explain wtf that means

It appears that Deal is our newest funny guy (or gal) with a strange sense of humour. If one of his posts isn't making sense, then it's probably best not to look for any hidden meaning in it. :)

Was looking for any meaning....

Dudley
Master
Master
CMDR: Dudley_Dawg

Postby Dudley » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:08 pm

Perhaps time to futter!! ??

o7 Dawg
As a tribute to Tor, my CMDR has small feet too! o7 Dawg

Deal
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Deal

Postby Deal » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:57 am

*Al* wrote:
Lanceor wrote:
*Al* wrote:Sorry Deal, could you please explain wtf that means

It appears that Deal is our newest funny guy (or gal) with a strange sense of humour. If one of his posts isn't making sense, then it's probably best not to look for any hidden meaning in it. :)

Was looking for any meaning....

Just shooting the breeze, *Al*. I'm only really interested in having fun playing the game - usually by learning things - and if possible, helping people along the way.
I'm unlikely to spend much time on anything else.

Back to Kamuy, I've done a few more runs although I didn't check the 25 minute sticky board run because I was annoyed.

fill 9m trip 1:07 p:218 pph:196 (I was interdicted near lie silo and ended up inside the planet. This slowed me down a bit)
fill 17m trip 1:10 p:224 pph:192
fill 6m trip 0:56 p:220 pph:236

My last trip yesterday had an 8m fill but the servers went down and I forgot to note the rest.

The issue with starting at neutral.. I'm less sure about. A lot depends on what effect your trade rank has on boards. If you see more of the notionally inferior but circumstantially preferable economy runs at low trade ranks, then you would expect longer board flips at neutral rep if you are trade elite. Which would then improve as you increase your rep.
That's just idle speculation though.

As I mentioned, I suspect that Kamuy has fewer competing neighbours which might account for the reduced number of flips. I spent some time looking at raorn's ruby script and I'm not seeing the results I would expect, but I'm not quite sure why. I've never seen ruby code before, am not very familiar with sql and therefore doubly so for sequel. I would have expected to see 36 Ophiuchi in the output since it has a large orbital station and neighbours within range with large pads.

raorn, any idea why 36 Ophiuchi isn't matched? I realise that it's not really useful given that maximum mission payout cap, but if it's omitted, perhaps other viable routes are too.
The nested where/exclude/count clauses give me a futtering headache though and up until this point, I'm just too thick to understand it. I did tweak the output formatting to make it easier to read with my tired old eyes though. /flex

If sticky board syndrome is a thing then it seems unlikely to me that it would be particular to any given route and so it's not a factor, except for pruning results accordingly.

Non of this really matters much except in the abstract since which ever route you choose, gargantuan profits are made. It's just interesting to me.

Given my results, my loadout (applicable to any route) and my preference for avoiding boardflipping, I'd say that optimally, Kamuy->Medb is a better route than Allen->Smeaton.

A larger sample size would strengthen my confidence in that conclusion, but that requires more runs from me (stupid rich already) or for others to report back with their results using a comparable loadout and rep. Which potentially entails them getting repped. I think I'll leave it there for now. I will look into raorn's script though. I'd like to add a second pass to determine all competing systems within range of each source system that runs to the destination.

/tiphat

sean_crow
Competent
Competent
CMDR: sean_crow

Postby sean_crow » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:14 am

@deal Thx for the deal!
I've been starting the other day.
Without any reputation I filled my Corvette (full economy/3 VIPs, small shield, DC) -> 100 million in about 1 hour.
Right now running missions for the reputation.

My experience from other systems:
There is no such thing as a sticky board!
The board is most likely different between the modes (solo, private(big/small), open).
In addition there is a reset per mode which is "around" .15, .30, .45, .00. The reset is for all modes at the same time.
That means when you start at .10 and finish flipping at .13, you'll get a fresh board "around" .15.

So you could start at .55 and make two resets till 0.3. then check mails, order pizza or whatever and come back at .12 and flip till .17.
This way you should get 4 fresh boards per mode.

Deal
Novice
Novice

Postby Deal » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:40 pm

sean_crow wrote:@deal Thx for the deal!
I've been starting the other day.
Without any reputation I filled my Corvette (full economy/3 VIPs, small shield, DC) -> 100 million in about 1 hour.
Right now running missions for the reputation.

My experience from other systems:
There is no such thing as a sticky board!

True, Different modes have different boards, but normally they refresh when you change.
So one or more modes gets stuck with the same board, and you just keep swapping between the two sets of missions as you flip.

sean_crow wrote:The board is most likely different between the modes (solo, private(big/small), open).
In addition there is a reset per mode which is "around" .15, .30, .45, .00. The reset is for all modes at the same time.
That means when you start at .10 and finish flipping at .13, you'll get a fresh board "around" .15.

So you could start at .55 and make two resets till 0.3. then check mails, order pizza or whatever and come back at .12 and flip till .17.
This way you should get 4 fresh boards per mode.

Typically, the boards are different every time I change modes. They might change more often after a refresh tick, but they don't usually seem to update less often.

I only flip between solo/private because all I need is for the boards to change, and they do (normally).
I always exit back to the ship screen before changing modes, but that's pure superstition. I'd be extremely surprised if it made any difference whatsoever.

Are you trade elite btw? Edit:NM. couldn't see your inara sig in the edit preview.

raorn
Competent
Competent
CMDR: raorn
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Postby raorn » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:51 pm

I am currently having a vacation and left my laptop at home, can investigate week later.

What does "edpmh system 36 Ophiuchi" command says? Or maybe it was filtered out because it is a tiny bit further than 15 Lys? Distance is calculated server-side from coordinates...

Deal
Novice
Novice

Postby Deal » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:14 pm

raorn wrote:I am currently having a vacation and left my laptop at home, can investigate week later.

What does "edpmh system 36 Ophiuchi" command says? Or maybe it was filtered out because it is a tiny bit further than 15 Lys? Distance is calculated server-side from coordinates...

► Show Spoiler

Perry station https://eddb.io/station/9882 in LHS 449 is a Coriolis Starport and is 7.53 ly from 36 Ophiuchi so I think it should be included given that Katzenstein Dock (in 36 Oph) is within the min/max arrival distances that I've specified.

I modified the script to exclude many of the parameters for target selection and got a match for 36 Oph, so it seems to be excluded in that block (initial target selection), rather than the jump distance filter. (unless of course it should be excluded for reasons that aren't apparent to me at the moment).

Anyway, no worries. Enjoy your holiday mate. I'll keep bashing my brains on sql and sequel in the interim, and thanks again for the tool.

MarrV
Competent
Competent
CMDR: MarrV

Postby MarrV » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:47 am

Deal;
Kamuy seems to be a better place to PAX's than Paritus (brain not awake, might be a typo there) > Medb

Trade rank is Elite so that wont be having a detrimental effect

The only variable was rep with factions (I like to control my variables as much as possible) and ofc RNG

sean_crow;
The definitely is such a thing as sticky board, it does not change when you switch modes, you will see soon enough! And it will persist for a LONG time, generally 5-10 minutes, regardless of what mode your in! The 15 minute rule only applies if you remain in the same mode, normally when switching modes it refreshes (hence people changing modes repeatedly)

Deal
Novice
Novice

Postby Deal » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:39 pm

MarrV wrote:Deal;
Kamuy seems to be a better place to PAX's than Paritus (brain not awake, might be a typo there) > Medb

Yeah, it's Parutis. For some reason I always seem to type Paritus (my brain is always half asleep) and then have to correct it, which is why I know.

After the sticky board debacle, I installed OBS to record and returned to Kamuy to see if it was still stuck (same session). It wasn't, but I will try and upload the subsequent rip roaring ride through the boards later so people can see what I'm seeing. (9 minutes of uncensored, hardcore flipping action that you won't want to miss...).
MarrV wrote:Trade rank is Elite so that wont be having a detrimental effect

You'd expect that, but since economy missions are normally cheap sauce, it depends on whether or not the game weights the missions based on your rank. It probably doesn't, since that's more work for the developers, but it might explain why I felt like I got better results than other people seem to have gotten going in to Kamuy with Trade Elite. (I was a rank or two above the minimum when I started).
I say felt because I wasn't recording my results at the time, was happy to be making lots of cash, buying new ships and so confirmation bias may have been a factor.

I read recently that if you D/C en route after leaving the star, when you R/C you are placed 500,000m closer to the destination, thus cutting down your travel times and boosting pph. (because you need even more money, right?)

I'm not running Medb atm as I'm plying the exciting gameplay opportunities afforded by unlocking engineers. I might test it at some point for a giggle but it's not really my thing (and I'm fairly well off anyway. Although I did dip under 4 billion after buying some new ships and gear and felt a bizarre urge to hightail it back to Medb to scramble back over again, Mad, that).

MarrV
Competent
Competent
CMDR: MarrV

Postby MarrV » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:13 am

I am doing exactly the same (unlocking engineers) just finished getting my 25 modular terminals. Am only on a measley 1.7b so might do some more passenger missions as I saw in the announcement today they are "tweaking mission rewards" so they may be about to nerf this honeypot...

I was just interested to see how the mechanic worked and other people might want the info.

As for being 500,000m closer - it is not always the case I have an unstable connection and have dc'd 10 minutes in to the flight to reconnect & find myself back @ the star 1.6mls from the station.

Return to “News and Announcements”