The place for you to catch the latest news
raorn
Competent
Competent
CMDR: raorn
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Re: Player Faction impacted by PAX missions to LTT 9360 asking for our help

Postby raorn » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:55 pm

Deal wrote:I modified the script to exclude many of the parameters for target selection and got a match for 36 Oph, so it seems to be excluded in that block (initial target selection)

Hm... I guess problem may be in is_planetary condition. Boolean field may be NULL (and it is NULL for some stations) and is_planetary: false won't match this row. Not sure, however, how to turn 'is_planetary IS FALSE' to 'is_planetary IS NOT TRUE' in Sequel language, still AFK :-)

Deal
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Deal
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Deal » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:09 pm

raorn wrote:
Deal wrote:I modified the script to exclude many of the parameters for target selection and got a match for 36 Oph, so it seems to be excluded in that block (initial target selection)

Hm... I guess problem may be in is_planetary condition. Boolean field may be NULL (and it is NULL for some stations) and is_planetary: false won't match this row. Not sure, however, how to turn 'is_planetary IS FALSE' to 'is_planetary IS NOT TRUE' in Sequel language, still AFK :-)

Yeah, I wondered about something like that, but:

► Show Spoiler

(there are 2 Vela Docks, hence the double match)

:?

Deal
Novice
Novice

Postby Deal » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:33 pm

MarrV wrote:I am doing exactly the same (unlocking engineers) just finished getting my 25 modular terminals.

Nice. Just did that myself. Btw, have you unlocked Hera Tani? She needs some bloody rare cigars and since the source system isn't in boom, the max allocation is 15. Which means a 35 jump round trip + 7 docks (in my Asp X with engineered FSD). I guess that's peanuts for a lot of folk, but I took a 10% loss on a Type 10 just to yank the cargo containers out of it the other day - rather than jump around to buy some elsewhere...

Apparently, you can buy some cigars, abandon the cargo outside and have someone else collect them for you so you can go back for more. You still need to wait out the restock cooldown, but I already have 15. I'd be happy to help people do this if they would return the favour. (I'll probably start running the route in the interim though).

MarrV wrote: Am only on a measley 1.7b so might do some more passenger missions as I saw in the announcement today they are "tweaking mission rewards" so they may be about to nerf this honeypot...

I was just interested to see how the mechanic worked and other people might want the info.

Likewise :)

MarrV wrote:As for being 500,000m closer - it is not always the case I have an unstable connection and have dc'd 10 minutes in to the flight to reconnect & find myself back @ the star 1.6mls from the station.

I can't remember where I read about it so I may have missed some important details. Perhaps you need to be past the half way point and decelerating for it to work.

Edit: pending state for Kamitra is Boom Maybe I'll wait. Managed to cut the round trip to 28 jumps by lightening my Asp too.
Edit2: Yeah, it's not so bad. 15m there and back plus 10m for a coffee break or something. Half done now.

The offer stands to help other people with this or any of the other rare allocations for engys though.

MarrV
Competent
Competent
CMDR: MarrV

Postby MarrV » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:01 am

Am currently back to running pax missions as they "may" be "rebalanced" in 12 days when the next big patch comes out, so gone back to raking in the money to make sure I definitely have enough for my future (mis-)adventures.

Re the rare goods; I used to do a lot of rare goods trading building a datasheet back when this was beta, not sure how it all works now. If your still doing it when I am sick to death of pax's I would be happy to try to see if it works. I assume they want 100 ot 200t of them?

Deal
Novice
Novice

Postby Deal » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:06 pm

MarrV wrote:Am currently back to running pax missions as they "may" be "rebalanced" in 12 days when the next big patch comes out, so gone back to raking in the money to make sure I definitely have enough for my future (mis-)adventures.

Good idea. I'm literally burning money atm so I'd like to replenish, if nothing else.
MarrV wrote:Re the rare goods; I used to do a lot of rare goods trading building a datasheet back when this was beta, not sure how it all works now. If your still doing it when I am sick to death of pax's I would be happy to try to see if it works. I assume they want 100 ot 200t of them?

50 for the Kamitra cigars. Max allocation when not in Boom is 15 with a 10m wait to hit that allocation. I've completed that one and I now need 50t of tea for bruvva broo with a max allocation of 10, so 5 round trips to complete. Shouldn't be too bad.

I expect I'll be done before you finish with pax but I'd be happy to try it to see if it's worthwhile. If you (or anyone else) needs to complete these rare quotas and wants to try it, just shoot me a private message and then either start running the route or do something else for a while. I'll get back to you ASAP.

Sunnie
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Suvi Anwar

Postby Sunnie » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:01 am

So, I just ran across this posting, and now it makes sense why my home system commerce route I have been using has been so difficult of late. The solution given in the OP to go do MEDB has caused mission availability in the surrounding systems to be tanked out.

While I completely understand the request to not mess up LTT 9360 , it was pretty irresponsible sending everyone to a single alternate, which has severely impacted others. I can only speak for myself, but I spent weeks looking for a system combo that had the missions I wanted that didn't have a ton of CMDRs, and this request to go use MEDB has severely impacted my home system and mission availability.

So, thanks for that. Looks like I have to go hunting again for a new home.

raorn
Competent
Competent
CMDR: raorn
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Postby raorn » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:49 am

Deal wrote:Yeah, I wondered about something like that, but:

► Show Spoiler

(there are 2 Vela Docks, hence the double match)

:?

There are two landable L-pad stations closer than 'min-dist', this is why this system was filtered out. It is not correct because these stations are planetary. I'll fix it a bit later.

Отправлено с моего Nexus 9 через Tapatalk

MarrV
Competent
Competent
CMDR: MarrV

Postby MarrV » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:13 am

Sunnie wrote:So, I just ran across this posting, and now it makes sense why my home system commerce route I have been using has been so difficult of late. The solution given in the OP to go do MEDB has caused mission availability in the surrounding systems to be tanked out.

While I completely understand the request to not mess up LTT 9360 , it was pretty irresponsible sending everyone to a single alternate, which has severely impacted others. I can only speak for myself, but I spent weeks looking for a system combo that had the missions I wanted that didn't have a ton of CMDRs, and this request to go use MEDB has severely impacted my home system and mission availability.

So, thanks for that. Looks like I have to go hunting again for a new home.

People have been moving en masse to one pax mission hub after another, MEDB was not un-used before this request, it just was not AS used as LTT 9360 within Mobius at least.

Not totally sure what you mean by commerce route, trading between ports? That has always dynamically shifted, so coming on here to vent is literally like p*ssing in to the wind.

The unforunate thing with Fdev is that they tend to make one thing worth far far more than any other at any particular time, everyone who is not doing it just gets steamrolled. It comes down to a numbers game; do what you can to please the most players.

Admittedly you are the first person I have heard of to complain that something outside of BGS being harmed by pax missions....

Deal
Novice
Novice

Postby Deal » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:26 pm

raorn wrote:There are two landable L-pad stations closer than 'min-dist', this is why this system was filtered out. It is not correct because these stations are planetary. I'll fix it a bit later.

Thanks. Appreciated. :)

Deal
Novice
Novice

Postby Deal » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:58 pm

Sunnie wrote:So, I just ran across this posting, and now it makes sense why my home system commerce route I have been using has been so difficult of late. The solution given in the OP to go do MEDB has caused mission availability in the surrounding systems to be tanked out.

Sorry to hear that. Although I'm not sure I understand the mechanics here.

FWIW though, I found out about Allen/Smeaton a week or so prior to the OP (probably on youtube via google) and it's been discussed on reddit too. The mechanics are widely understood and there aren't many viable mission destinations to choose from that leverage the arrival distance payout scaling to the same degree.
Edit: I wasn't very clear here.. Medb has previously been discussed on reddit (not only by me) and I found Medb independently before I even joined mobius. All anyone needed to do was go to https://eddb.io/station and hit the arrival distance column twice and Bob's your uncle).

Sunnie wrote:While I completely understand the request to not mess up LTT 9360 , it was pretty irresponsible sending everyone to a single alternate, which has severely impacted others. I can only speak for myself, but I spent weeks looking for a system combo that had the missions I wanted that didn't have a ton of CMDRs, and this request to go use MEDB has severely impacted my home system and mission availability.

If you want a large pad and orbital stations, there's only LTT 9360 and Medb in the same ball park, so people are going to go there and I doubt that mobius forum posts will have any great effect either way. I think you were unlucky with your choice of home more than anything.

Sunnie wrote:So, thanks for that. Looks like I have to go hunting again for a new home.

You might be able to return if there is indeed a nerf in a week or two.

Return to “News and Announcements”