The place for you to catch the latest news
Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Player Faction impacted by PAX missions to LTT 9360 asking for our help

Postby Xebeth » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:41 pm

I don't see an order, only a request from a player group to one of the largest private groups in the game, which JL has kindly passed on, how individual members choose to react to it is (IMHO) up to them.

However, sniping and rudeness between posters here on the forum will not be tolerated.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Deal
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Deal
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Deal » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:51 pm

Hi thread. Just heard about Mobius and was reading around when I spotted this topic.

MarrV wrote:Missions to ONLY vela dock will reduce the amount of missions you receive by approximately half (by logic standards), or 60-70% (judging by the spread of missions I picked up today, but sample set too small to draw conclusions from).

I fly from Kamuy to Medb and it does seem to be weighted. After 15+ runs It seems to be around 70/30 or so. (perhaps all planetary destinations are thus?)

MarrV wrote:180mil/hour is not guaranteed and possibly optimistic (never made that much, yet...), simply due to the amount of board refreshing needed to fill a 132 (python) 160 (conda) full of passengers. It is RNG based, was filling python in 10-20 minutes on average first thing today, high run value of 66mil, Conda took nearly an hour this evening for a value of 99mil.

RNG is what it is and I don't have enough data points to say much here, other than that in my experience, fill times are pretty good for me @ Kamuy (which has 7 factions).
My worst case was around 30 minutes to stuff a couple short of the 200 I can fit in my vette. The very next run I filled it in 4 minutes. 10-20min is probably more typical for me - thus far.
I do take lie silo tickets and I tend to skip low per head missions. Flying my unshielded conda ~192 slots bagged me around 200M per run. Not per hour, as the time to fill is critical and variable (obv) so it can be less, can be more. You make so much money that any attempt to optimise it starts to seem extravagant though. For reference, I'm trade elite and mad cosy with all but the Kamuy gold rats.

MarrV wrote:So travel time of ~30 minutes to vela dock from the medb sun, (Lei Silo is 0.42ls away, so depending on your skills at landing on a planet its only a few minutes more, say 4?), 4 minutes to return to evans port (will get exact times on next run) plus time to fill with passengers was giving a range of 606 (conda) to 68.2 (python) mil per hour. Am sure others who have been using this route can give better, or at least more experienced figures.

Orbital positions can slow down your round trip too. If lie silo is on the wrong side of the planet near Vela dock, or you leave Lie silo with the planet between you and Kamuy (or where ever you started). Recommend binding supercruise to a key so you can avoid having to unlock your jump target when it's obscured (for nubs like myself).

For me though, I hate board flipping and quite enjoy landing on planets so the balance suits me just fine. The 7 factions at Kamuy and the dual destinations at Medb seem likely to reduce board flipping vis-à-vis Allen/Smeaton. (which I've never actually done).

SockFiddler
Competent
Competent
CMDR: SockFiddler

Postby SockFiddler » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:05 pm

Well, okay...

Not sure how my performance at dinner parties is relevant to the questions I asked - and I asked them genuinely, as someone who has played less than 6 months and still struggles to understand how BGS affects anyone and how these types of requests and made, processed and passed along.

As delighted as I am for having already earned a reputation for being unhelpful and snippy (took far less time than normal), I suspect I may disappoint by refusing to list all the ways those assumptions are incorrect. Instead, I'd like to repeat that my questions were asked in a genuine spirit of curiosity (instead of flippantly, as seems to have been assumed).

Surely the only way for people to understand what underpins these types of requests is to understand where they come from, why alternative solutions aren't viable, and whether or not helping out will impact anything at all. If people would prefer anyone who has questions to also seem like they'd be fabulous company, hilarious at parties, great in bed and have great hair, I think I've probably given as much of a shit about BGS as I'm going to.

If, however, anyone is moved to reply to my original questions, I'd be very grateful. Thanks.
"Drink fast, die young"

"You may ask who was wearing the bow tie; me or the shark. The answer is: YES."

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly

Postby Xebeth » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:50 pm

The thing is, it isn't an edict or an order, just a request. Many group's main focus is playing the BGS, so it is only logical that when these situations arise that they would make such a request (even if it is potentially futile). The reality is that as soon as these types of get rich quick scenarios arise and get published on the FD forums and Reddit many more players will flock to them in open, solo, and other PGs than will read any request here, that doesn't make the request any less valid as I am sure the group in question feels that any little helps.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly

Postby Xebeth » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:08 pm

SockFiddler wrote: Are we OoM members expected to keep a print-out handy of places we can and can't take missions and which factions we should and shouldn't support?

Nope, it is at the end of the day just a request from one group of players to others

SockFiddler wrote:Will the 250 people active on this forum* make, really, any kind of a difference at all to the problem they're describing when the request cites 7,900 commanders using that system alone? Are they planning to reach out to and ask the other 7,700 commanders?

Probably not, but I'm sure they are just trying what ever they can to reduce the impact

SockFiddler wrote:Surely, if this is impacting this handful of players so much, the more efficient solution is for however many of them there are to let go of the one troublesome system than to ask 8,000 people to stop going there and making money?

Potentially, but we don't of course know how much effort they put into getting it in the first place, the BGS can be a real arse at times, you wouldn't believe the pain The Order of Mobius went through to get Exioce

SockFiddler wrote:Is 21 systems really a "small bubble"? Really? Or is that quite a sizeable lump of control which could afford to take a hit or two when it expands to consume some of the most profitable routes available?

It's quite sizable yes, but again we don't know what they did to get it, or what they wanted to do with it, it could be a stepping stone to a target system, you don't get to choose which system you expand into, so targeting a specific system can take quite a bit of time and effort.

SockFiddler wrote:Is OoM otherwise friendly with these groups that come asking for everyone to change how they make money and play their game (and start caring about this stuff) or are these just well-spoken (typed) strangers come to ask the Lots Of Players And Counting Mobius for favours? What I mean is were these groups friendly with us before they experienced whatever BGS issue they've come to ask for our help with?

The latter

SockFiddler wrote:Genuinely, if another player group claiming control / influence / whatever the issue is here over MEDB came along and ever-so-politely asked OoM players to stop running missions there, too, would a similar order also be issued?

Again, it's a request rather than an order, and yep I'd expect other groups to make similar requests

SockFiddler wrote:I really don't mean to be difficult, I just don't understand the point of issuing these edicts. Surely it's just tokenism - someone approaches with a request we have little to no influence over and we say "Sure! We'll put an order out about that!" but, ultimately, nothing much is going to change because - as demonstrated with this example - there are almost 8k players a day running these missions, and for a good reason: they make lots of money.

Again, it's a request.

SockFiddler wrote:I appreciate this particular requests comes with some alternative routes, but how do we know that running those alternates isn't going to see some other group approaching us in a couple of weeks with a similarly nicely-phrased request to stop making money and politely piss off elsewhere?

I can't validate the alternative route suggestions, but I have no doubt we'll see similar requests in the future, it's up to each player to decide what they do with those requests.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:46 pm

Thanks Xebeth. Well said.

As has been stated several times.... the message is simply a request from another player faction. That's all. It's not an order, it has nothing to do with our BGS work, it's just a request.

If you are running PAX in the area you now have information about how your actions may be impacting their player faction. Everyone has to make their own decision about what to do with the information provided.

Xebeth wrote:Sniping and rudeness between posters here on the forum will not be tolerated.

Agreed. We need to stop the rude, personal comments. If you want to act that way, then you need to find a different group to interact with.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

SockFiddler
Competent
Competent
CMDR: SockFiddler

Postby SockFiddler » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:03 pm

Thank you, Xebeth :)
"Drink fast, die young"

"You may ask who was wearing the bow tie; me or the shark. The answer is: YES."

Deal
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Deal

Postby Deal » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:41 am

MarrV wrote:Am sure others who have been using this route can give better, or at least more experienced figures.

Just to follow up on this, I did another Kamuy to Medb run this morning.

Fill start to redock at ockels was 1:09.
233 profit this run from 198 thrill seekers taking 14 minutes to fill.

3.377~ million per minute then, or 202.6~ million per hour in this case.

An NPC (in a FDL) tried to interdict me near Vela (as usual), but it seems that NPCs don't plot an intercept course, they just chase your exhaust like muppets.
As I approached Vela, I slowly veered off to 45 degrees until I was roughly parallel to it, then snapped back hard to go directly towards it again.
Then after over shooting it, I snapped back and docked without trouble. Pretty sure the NPC passed well within interdiction range twice, but perhaps because of the high transversal velocity due the course changes, they couldn't get a lock to pull me out and they just buzzed past me helplessly.

Whether this takes longer than submitting or playing the mini game is debatable, but out flying the NPCs is kinda satisfying.
Various factors come into play though. Your ship's handling in supercruise, theirs and maybe some luck too.

As soon as I landed, there were some juicy passenger missions available so I did another run.

Time to fill was 7 minutes with 199 passengers, (hopefully all in possession of life insurance). Some high payouts per head lead me to take some lower ones just to get off the ground faster.

Fill start to redock at ockels 1:01
225 million in profit.
3.69~ million per minute.
221 profit per hour this run.

I wasn't bothered on the way to Vela, but tried to out fly an interdiction between Vela and Lie silo and failed miserably. Probably not going fast enough. No harm done though. (which is lucky since I have no shields, weapons or defenses apart from some hull reinforcements)

Kamuy has 7 factions, which I assume increases mission rolls vs Parutis. It may also be more optimal for Medb runs if there are fewer habitable systems within range (reducing the pool of destinations which in turn increases the chance of missions to Medb).

As for my choice of ship, I did this just fine with a shieldless conda - stacking 192~ warm bodies. I've just made so much cash that I burned 700M on donations for rank in empire and the federation and then bought some cooler ships. I went for the cutter first, because I kinda dig the ostentatious saudi prince vibe. (It totally wasn't because I forgot to specify cargo and didn't notice that one of the other 5 slots was reserved, so I never once thought that the cutter could hold more than the conda. That never happened).

I swapped to the vette because it holds 8 more and I need to spend my disgusting amounts of cash on something.

Is this nub friendly? Well, you will need to bootstrap your way up to larger ships, but I've been playing since Christmas. Once you are on a roll, it's a money juggernaut.

kktwenty
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: KKTwenty

Postby kktwenty » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:49 am

Relix Typhon wrote:Lastly, for those that do this, if sitting in SC for 30-40 for imaginary money is how you get your kicks, then you must be a blast at dinner parties! :lol:

I am not space rich. I have an A/D ASPX and an A Vulture with about 15M in the bank. I have not visited engineers yet. I do these long runs as the payout (for me) is huge and I don't need to do that many in order to advance quickly. I prefer bounty hunting.

The LTT run is perfect for my passenger cabin kitted ASPX as it takes 40 mins in supercruise - the exact time it takes me to watch a "travellers", "Discovery", "Punisher" show on Netflix on my laptop. The alternative route proposed is a few minutes shorter and does NOT align with shows at all. The alternative route would be a detriment to my play and I will need to think hard about this edict.

In short to the OP, I do the runs as a SECONDARY activity (I have been interdicted once so I needed to pause the show) whilst watching a show on Netflix (that I intended to watch all along).

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*

Postby *Al* » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:31 am

Deal wrote:
MarrV wrote:Am sure others who have been using this route can give better, or at least more experienced figures.

Just to follow up on this, I did another Kamuy to Medb run this morning.

Fill start to redock at ockels was 1:09.
233 profit this run from 198 thrill seekers taking 14 minutes to fill.

3.377~ million per minute then, or 202.6~ million per hour in this case.

An NPC (in a FDL) tried to interdict me near Vela (as usual), but it seems that NPCs don't plot an intercept course, they just chase your exhaust like muppets.
As I approached Vela, I slowly veered off to 45 degrees until I was roughly parallel to it, then snapped back hard to go directly towards it again.
Then after over shooting it, I snapped back and docked without trouble. Pretty sure the NPC passed well within interdiction range twice, but perhaps because of the high transversal velocity due the course changes, they couldn't get a lock to pull me out and they just buzzed past me helplessly.

Whether this takes longer than submitting or playing the mini game is debatable, but out flying the NPCs is kinda satisfying.
Various factors come into play though. Your ship's handling in supercruise, theirs and maybe some luck too.

As soon as I landed, there were some juicy passenger missions available so I did another run.

Time to fill was 7 minutes with 199 passengers, (hopefully all in possession of life insurance). Some high payouts per head lead me to take some lower ones just to get off the ground faster.

Fill start to redock at ockels 1:01
225 million in profit.
3.69~ million per minute.
221 profit per hour this run.

I wasn't bothered on the way to Vela, but tried to out fly an interdiction between Vela and Lie silo and failed miserably. Probably not going fast enough. No harm done though. (which is lucky since I have no shields, weapons or defenses apart from some hull reinforcements)

Kamuy has 7 factions, which I assume increases mission rolls vs Parutis. It may also be more optimal for Medb runs if there are fewer habitable systems within range (reducing the pool of destinations which in turn increases the chance of missions to Medb).

As for my choice of ship, I did this just fine with a shieldless conda - stacking 192~ warm bodies. I've just made so much cash that I burned 700M on donations for rank in empire and the federation and then bought some cooler ships. I went for the cutter first, because I kinda dig the ostentatious saudi prince vibe. (It totally wasn't because I forgot to specify cargo and didn't notice that one of the other 5 slots was reserved, so I never once thought that the cutter could hold more than the conda. That never happened).

I swapped to the vette because it holds 8 more and I need to spend my disgusting amounts of cash on something.

Is this nub friendly? Well, you will need to bootstrap your way up to larger ships, but I've been playing since Christmas. Once you are on a roll, it's a money juggernaut.

Hi Deal,

Welcome to the forum and Mobius,

Thanks for this post.

I have been running Herd for a wee while on the standard run. I average 210 and it takes about 2 hours.
I have a little time today so I am going to give this route a look with my set-up.
Your seven min time to fill is incredible! (I see you are online so could you please confirm your faction reps?)
I will do my best to mirror your benchmarks and post results.

Just to confirm, my alliegance is to The A-Team and our type of fun ;_)

Return to “News and Announcements”