Novice
CMDR: Deal
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Player Faction impacted by PAX missions to LTT 9360 asking for our help

Postby Deal » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:36 am

*Al* wrote:Hi Deal,

Welcome to the forum and Mobius,

Thanks for this post.

I have been running Herd for a wee while on the standard run. I average 210 and it takes about 2 hours.
I have a little time today so I am going to give this route a look with my set-up.
Your seven min time to fill is incredible! (I see you are online so could you please confirm your faction reps?)
I will do my best to mirror your benchmarks and post results.

Just to confirm, my alliegance is to The A-Team and our type of fun ;_)

Hi. And thanks :)

I've completed one more run and am embarked on another at the moment. Fill times were 4 and 9 minutes respectively. Again though, my worst (by some margin) fill time was 30 minutes and I seem to be on a lucky streak at the moment.
The former run time was 56 minutes from fill start to redock at ockels and worked out at 236M per hour.
I board flip from solo to private "Deal" at the moment. Don't bother flipping to open. I don't think my request to join the mobiverse has been approved yet.

If by faction reps you mean in Kamuy, then I'm allied with everyone apart from the Kamuy gold rats (with whom I'm friendly. Which probably happened recently since the last time I checked, I was cordial).
I don't recall having problems getting missions when I started this run with neutral reps though, but I was trade rank dirty vagrant at the time.

Just got back to ockels as I write this and I made 233M from that run in 1:02.

Edit: I've been blithely ejecting my cargo assuming it was junk, but spotted modular terminals and thought.. hang on, why does that ring a bell.
/facepalm
I'm about to hit 3 billion creds on this run so I've ditched a passenger module and added some cargo to collect some more terminals.
I'm tempted to hoard some more credits in case FDev nerf this, but I somehow doubt they will - given why they have probably allowed it in the first place. Might be time to park the uber bus and play with engineers for a while.

Deal
Novice
Novice

Postby Deal » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:25 pm

FWIW - as far as I can tell - of the non controlling minor factions in Kamuy, only the New LP 862-184 Progressive Party control their own station.
https://eddb.io/system/12506 ( LP 862-184 )
So people could max rep both them and the League of Kamuy Nationalists with exploration data to expedite matters a little. I didn't bother in the end because I was too keen to guzzle from the money trough and did well enough without.

MarrV
Competent
Competent
CMDR: MarrV

Postby MarrV » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:03 pm

Deal wrote:*snip*

Two things; not a nub/noob. Been around a while just took a break, I may be missing the point of the word though (nub), as that happens often.

Am not denying that it is profitable, was just casting doubt on the 180mil/hr claim.

Have now done 15? runs, with an average flight time in system of 40mins, average fill time of 32 minutes (160 passengers, "friendly" with most factions) average payouts have been increasing per run to now ~150-200, bringing the average to ~140mil per trip (incomplete data). Total loop time average currently 1.08.

As more runs are done rep will increase and it will be proven true to be over 180mil/hr, however, and this is the big point. You will need to have the reputation with the factions to earn these huge payouts. Which takes a not insignificant amount of time to obtain.

So in a long run I will admit that 180mil/hr seems doable, or even exceed it, but will need a few dozen trips making, sometimes significantly less, money to build the rep if your moving in to a new system from elsewhere, which should be factored in. At this point have made 1 trip that meets the 180mil/hr claim, out of several days of doing one run.

e: It is heartening to know that it is possible, but with significant time investment, will head over to Kamuy with passenger conda & see what missions are on offer to someone not with rep there now

Deal
Novice
Novice

Postby Deal » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:42 pm

MarrV wrote:Deal;
Two things; not a nub/noob. Been around a while just took a break.

I didn't mean to imply that you were, just that I am. My google-fu is stronk, but I've only been playing 2 weeks. Still learning things every day.
I mean, I blew up my new cutter the other day because I hit the wrong button, got stuck on the station geometry and was too stupid to just log out and back in again. Mistakes are being made over here. :D

MarrV wrote:Am not denying that it is profitable, was just casting doubt on the 180mil/hr claim.

I'm not arguing with you per se. I'm talking about Kamuy, not Parutis. I'm just sharing my findings in the spirit of Kraken rum. Or something...
Kamuy->Medb seems to surpass Allen/Smeaton imho, which relates to the OP.

MarrV wrote:Have now done 15? runs, with an average flight time in system of 40mins, average fill time of 32 minutes (160 passengers, "friendly" with most factions) average payouts have been increasing per run to now ~150-200, bringing the average to ~140mil per trip (incomplete data). Total loop time average currently 1.08.

From Parutis or Kamuy?

MarrV wrote:As more runs are done rep will increase and it will be proven true to be over 180mil/hr, however, and this is the big point. You will need to reputation with the factions to earn these huge payouts. Which takes a not insignificant amount of time to obtain.

I don't disagree at all. Isn't this always the case though? I'm averaging 220m or more per hour now with many sub 10m and even some sub 5m fill times - even with 200 slots. The short fill times are probably as valuable to me as the money, since I prefer to enjoy games and board flipping ain't fun.

As it happens, I found Kamuy pretty much by accident. I read about how the Upsilon route worked and decided to find my own counterpart. Mainly because I'm contrary like that. Kamuy happened to be the first system near Medb that I visited which had a decent amount of Medb runs. (I used eddb to find Medb, like many other people I expect). The ruby script earlier in the thread may even locate a better source system than Kamuy, although 5-10m fills are pretty fine.

MarrV wrote:So in a long run I will admit that 180mil/hr seems doable, or even exceed it, but will need a few dozen trips making, sometimes significantly less, money to build the rep if your moving in to a new system from elsewhere, which should be factored in. At this point have made 1 trip that meets the 180mil/hr claim, out of several days of doing one run.

Since I started in Kamuy, I have no divorce bill to speak of, that's true. Anyway, sorry to multi-quote bomb you and uh.. yeah, I was just sharing my findings, not entering into some kind of U RONG! I RITE! internet thing.

Honestly, I'm clinging on to my 30's by my fingernails. I'm too old for that excrement. :) o7

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*

Postby *Al* » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:35 pm

OK interesting....

Kamay - Medb

Started low repp'd so looking / taking donation missions as well as looking at Passenger.

slightly diff set up to the standard run but..

hour to fill to 168, let's say half an hour (as taking the donations and not being allied).
travel is 200ls less but that's a skip at the speeds we are doing, took 40mins (inc clearing)
made 140

You do the math.....
Last edited by *Al* on Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MarrV
Competent
Competent
CMDR: MarrV

Postby MarrV » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:06 pm

Deal;
Sorry to come off as argumentative, I am actually trying to work it all out in a more constructive scientific approach (habit of having too many friends on FB who like "sharing" articles with little or no evidence behind them).

I was running parutis, just switched over to kamuy to see what it would be like for someone with no rep to start there found the following;
Trip time, not including time in stations to sell data (& have a piss break irl); 1.07.49
Capacity filled 159/160
Profit made: 131,926,096
Profit/hr: 116,748,728

raw data:
► Show Spoiler

So in summary Kamuy seems to be a nicer place to start, although 1 event is not a correlation :)

Truth be told, I dont care who is right I just like collecting and analysing data for all to benefit from.

Also thank you for sharing your findings, the is never an issue with having more data :D

Deal
Novice
Novice

Postby Deal » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:54 pm

*Al* wrote:OK interesting....

Started low repp'd so looking / taking donation missions as well as looking at Passenger.

slightly diff set up to the standard run but..

hour to fill to 168, let's say half an hour (as taking the donations and not being allied).
travel is 200ls less but that's a skip at the speeds we are doing, took 40mins (inc clearing)
made 140

You do the math.....

Down in flames. Pity I wasn't logging results during the earlier days.

I'll do some more runs tomorrow and report back. If anyone else running Kamuy->Medb whilst trade elite and allied with the locals wants to share their experiences, it would be helpful to increase the sample size.

I'm still getting excellent results regardless, but maybe I'm a human outlier. (and if so, long may it continue).

Deal
Novice
Novice

Postby Deal » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:25 pm

MarrV wrote:Deal;
Sorry to come off as argumentative, I am actually trying to work it all out in a more constructive scientific approach (habit of having too many friends on FB who like "sharing" articles with little or no evidence behind them).

No worries. It's probably my fault. Things usually are. :)

And yeah, I agree that the problem with lie silo missions is that you don't know what missions you will get before you get them. The current board is your window and it's only so wide.
Skip them only to then suffer a mission drought -> waste time and lower your efficiency. Take them and potentially miss out on some nice Vela rolls.

It's a personal choice at the end of the day. I'd rather go with the bird in the hand and the mostly deterministic (and for me at least, enjoyable) delay represented by the planet landing than do a moments more optimistic board flipping. Having said that, I don't take missions with a payout of much under 1m per head unless I'm loaded with better ones or pushed for time. So far so inconsistent... :?

raorn
Competent
Competent
CMDR: raorn
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Postby raorn » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:41 pm

Here's some possible routes for you. Target system contains one non-planetary station with L-sized pad 500,000 Ls (or further) away from main star. Source system is within 15 Ly away from target system and contains at least one non-planetary station with L-sized pad. Choose your proffered allegiance.

► Show Spoiler

Deal
Novice
Novice

Postby Deal » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:20 pm

raorn wrote:Here's some possible routes for you. Target system contains one non-planetary station with L-sized pad 500,000 Ls (or further) away from main star. Source system is within 15 Ly away from target system and contains at least one non-planetary station with L-sized pad. Choose your proffered allegiance.

Will investigate. Ideally, we want to process the results too, to find the source system with the fewest competitors to the destination (to reduce board flips).

Return to “News and Announcements”