Re: Player Faction impacted by PAX missions to LTT 9360 asking for our help

Postby raorn » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:18 am

JohnLuke wrote:
We would really appreciate if you quit using the following routes :

- GD 1192 (BBS controlled system) to LTT 9360
- HK AQUARII (BBS controlled system) to LTT 9360
- LHS 4046 (BBS controlled system) to LTT 9360
- HUICHI (BBS presence) to LTT 9360

But can I use LTT 9455 to LTT 9360 route? It's not something I'm doing right now (I switched to unlocking Engineers and getting materials), but I'd like to use it as money printer from time to time. I already have allied with local factions, would like to skip this part if possible...

Отправлено с моего Nexus 9 через Tapatalk

MarrV
Competent
Competent
CMDR: MarrV
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby MarrV » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:11 am

Arguendo wrote:*snip*

Dont get me wrong I am using the medb route already

Simply pointing out that the math did not add up simply because the time taken to collect the missions was not factored in (a good rng run can do it in 20 miins a bad can take over an hour) plus the 40 min travel in sc, plus the small bits of time means that you can not do more than 1 trip per hour (at best, likely less than 1 trip) so 180mil/hr is very unlikely.

Getting consistent 1m+ per passenger is again rng based even as you rank up it seems, rng being the unknown, hence the question over its variance, and if that is a known (point spread essentially).

Also the advice re not taking to lei silo made no sense at all :)

raorn wrote:But can I use LTT 9455 to LTT 9360 route?

You can use what ever you like, it is just a request from another player group to not take missions that END in LTT 9360. So depending on your interpretation of "do not harm another players game" and how strictly you adhere to it will determine on your actions.

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:15 am

*Al* wrote:Coupla things Relix, (and slightly ot)

Putting 'lol' or a jokey smilie after a comment does not negate the rudeness. (wish it were so I would use bucket loads).
(With the exception of ships spoilers and Belugas), Commanders are not obliged to 'get their kicks' in a set way (or indeed your's)

The smiley was not to negate the rudeness, but to add to it i.e. I'm laughing at you if you enjoy flying in a straight line for 40 minutes.
People absolutely have the right to play as they want but I have the right to laugh at them for it.

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*

Postby *Al* » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:19 am

raorn wrote:
JohnLuke wrote:
We would really appreciate if you quit using the following routes :

- GD 1192 (BBS controlled system) to LTT 9360
- HK AQUARII (BBS controlled system) to LTT 9360
- LHS 4046 (BBS controlled system) to LTT 9360
- HUICHI (BBS presence) to LTT 9360

But can I use LTT 9455 to LTT 9360 route? It's not something I'm doing right now (I switched to unlocking Engineers and getting materials), but I'd like to use it as money printer from time to time. I already have allied with local factions, would like to skip this part if possible...

Отправлено с моего Nexus 9 через Tapatalk

You can use any route you want Raorn. JL is just passing on a player faction request not issuing diktats.

Have fun your way (as long as it is legal (in RL) and with consenting adults).

MarrV
Competent
Competent

Postby MarrV » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:20 am

If you want to be rude to other players mobius forums are most likely not the right place to do it, you know with the ethos of not being aggressive to other humans and all.

raorn
Competent
Competent
CMDR: raorn
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Postby raorn » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:07 pm

MarrV wrote:You can use what ever you like, it is just a request from another player group to not take missions that END in LTT 9360. So depending on your interpretation of "do not harm another players game" and how strictly you adhere to it will determine on your actions.

I would rather not make indirect harm to friendly Player Factions. I am more of a "passive supporter" (however, this BG at Exioce in wing of three was very fun). Asking If this particular route is "safe" for BBS, because I already have good rep at 9455 and also using it to up my Federal Navy rank. I'm still learning all this BGS stuff, you know...

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:14 pm

You do realise all this is equivalent to being emotionally attached to an FD PR stunt right ?

And making such requests is doubly idiotic.

At best I would be surprised they change the mind of more than two people.
Second, you had 8000+ people doing these before, but posting online about these are turning into the easiest and quickest way of discovering these routes for players who didn't know about them.
Congratulations, you may have dissauded two people from grinding these missions, but guess what, another 3000 players just learned of the route.
Another 500 players is simply going to start doing them to spite you.

Enjoy.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

sean_crow
Competent
Competent
CMDR: sean_crow

Postby sean_crow » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:30 pm

They should simply retreat from that system!
And try to avoid to re-expand into it.

It doesn't matter if the big bad Möbius-Group stops doing missions.
There are thousands of players that got the information from youtube and whatever-forums.
As long as the missions work the only thing happens when such a request comes up is that one or two more CMDRs know about it.

MarrV
Competent
Competent

Postby MarrV » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:32 pm

raorn wrote:*snip*

Was not aiming my reply at you are you were not being rude :)

Tortorden; I think they were hoping the majority of the people who reads these and discord are in mobius and respect what other people ask them (not necessarily the case)

I am split over it, at least on a ethos of the group stand point (not literally as was not using that route). On one side you have a player group being harmed by mobius members actions (counter to the ethos) on the other hand by instructing (which has not been done, only forwarding a request) players to not use those routes mobius members are hurting (also counter to ethos). A case of damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Could be suggested that annoying 40+ active players is not in mobius's interests, but do not know how much affect 40+ players working against mobius's bgs players (number unknown) would have, but that is ignoring the ethos.

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*

Postby *Al* » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:34 pm

TorTorden wrote:You do realise all this is equivalent to being emotionally attached to an FD PR stunt right ?

And making such requests is doubly idiotic.

At best I would be surprised they change the mind of more than two people.
Second, you had 8000+ people doing these before, but posting online about these are turning into the easiest and quickest way of discovering these routes for players who didn't know about them.
Congratulations, you may have dissauded two people from grinding these missions, but guess what, another 3000 players just learned of the route.
Another 500 players is simply going to start doing them to spite you.

Enjoy.

As normal Tor cuts through all the crap. Wise Man.

Return to “News and Announcements”