A request from a player faction regarding Upsilon Aquarii passenger missions.

The place for you to catch the latest news
*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: A request from a player faction regarding Upsilon Aquarii passenger missions.

Postby *Al* » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:59 pm

Back to the Original discussion.....Two things here IMUHO.

Firstly - (and most importantly) I believe this run has now ended
Second - by requesting this they are asking us to a/effect the BGS (and while in PvE shock horror) in their favour

So I would ask, why would we do this and indeed would it be correct to....

Tor, please put the axe down.....Tor....

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: A request from a player faction regarding Upsilon Aquarii passenger missions.

Postby Xebeth » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:48 pm

Playing the BGS is (it could be argued) the very epitome of PVE, basically taking actions to influence and change the part of the game that is primarily controlled by the program, so it is perfectly logical that a group of players, for whom this is a major part of their game time, would approach the largest PVE group in the game with such a request.

I believe however it is just that, a request, and it is therefore, in my opinion, up to each player to decide whether they wish to follow the request, ignore it, or go out of their way to do the exact opposite.

IMHO, I do not believe it is incumbent on the Mobius groups to avoid influencing the BGS on the grounds that it may disrupt another groups faction (with the exception where an out and out game bug is the cause), but that is just my opinion.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

*Al*
Master
Master

Postby *Al* » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:08 pm

Xebeth wrote:Playing the BGS is (it could be argued) the very epitome of PVE, basically taking actions to influence and change the part of the game that is primarily controlled by the program, so it is perfectly logical that a group of players, for whom this is a major part of their game time, would approach the largest PVE group in the game with such a request.

I believe however it is just that, a request, and it is therefore, in my opinion, up to each player to decide whether they wish to follow the request, ignore it, or go out of their way to do the exact opposite.

IMHO, I do not believe it is incumbent on the Mobius groups to avoid influencing the BGS on the grounds that it may disrupt another groups faction (with the exception where an out and out game bug is the cause), but that is just my opinion.

Yep, another beer for this table

Dudley
Master
Master
CMDR: Dudley_Dawg

Postby Dudley » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:14 am

Walter wrote:
xaero5150 wrote:Ok, let's look at this from a reasoned perspective.

A reasoned perspective is only valid if the data on which it is based are sound. There are a number of errors/misconceptions in your argument.

Walter - you are a seasoned veteran of the BGS..

In your opinion, is there a way where all can benefit in this situation with minimal disruption?

or

Are we trying to knitt pee?

o7 Dawg
As a tribute to Tor, my CMDR has small feet too! o7 Dawg

*Al*
Master
Master

Postby *Al* » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:06 pm

Dudley wrote:
Walter wrote:
xaero5150 wrote:Ok, let's look at this from a reasoned perspective.

A reasoned perspective is only valid if the data on which it is based are sound. There are a number of errors/misconceptions in your argument.

Walter - you are a seasoned veteran of the BGS..

In your opinion, is there a way where all can benefit in this situation with minimal disruption?

or

Are we trying to knitt pee?

o7 Dawg

No Dawg, you have it wrong (as advised current rl UK situ......) 'meet our requests'....nope 'fuckem'!

See what Tor did with that axe!!!!?

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:14 pm

Dudley wrote:Walter - you are a seasoned veteran of the BGS..

Flattery will get you everywhere, no matter how unjustified.

Dudley wrote:In your opinion, is there a way where all can benefit in this situation with minimal disruption?

Short answer, no.

Going back to the original post, nobody was complaining about how the game works. The TEA Baggers were asking for assistance from from players against another group. They are no more or less justified in this action than any other group in any other situation: CG, PP, or any inter-faction conflict. (I know there are times when we could do with help dealing with those infuriating itinerants who drop into our quiet region from time to time, picking up lucrative missions from just anybody and disrupting our carefully-laid plans for taking over the galaxy. They're only interested in being the richest dead guy. They shouldn't be allowed to upset my game, so there.)

Although the game is built on conflict, there are many opportunities for cooperation. With limited contact facilities within the game, how else do people get together? Where would Order of Mobius be without call for help? How else would the A-Team have become the dynamic force in the universe that it is today without the clichéd oxygen of publicity that this forum provides? Whether Saberius should have promoted the TEA Bagger's cause in this forum is another matter.

We just have to accept that there are many ways of playing ED, many of which promote conflict within and without the game. You either accept it or go away and cry. (And if you're going to cry, please go away.)

Incidentally, we are poised to liberate a second Mobius base from the grasping tentacles of the overbearing and rapacious Empire. Anyone care to help?

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:41 pm

Walter wrote:[How else would the A-Team have become the dynamic force in the universe that it is today without the clichéd oxygen of publicity that this forum provides?

"Clichéd oxygen".....

Walter there is hope for you yet.......

:)

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

SeppiMontana
Harmless
Harmless

Postby SeppiMontana » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:40 pm

Alternative found n the comments of the linked video:Image

Saberius
Admin
Admin
CMDR: SABERIUS

Postby Saberius » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:23 pm

How large a ship can you take to Namorodo?

fearlessphil73
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Fearlessphil73

Postby fearlessphil73 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:44 am

Saberius wrote:How large a ship can you take to Namorodo?

i'm using an anaconda. both stations have L pads

Return to “News and Announcements”