A request from a player faction regarding Upsilon Aquarii passenger missions.

The place for you to catch the latest news
xaero5150
Harmless
Harmless
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:29 am
CMDR: xaero5150
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: A request from a player faction regarding Upsilon Aquarii passenger missions.

Postby xaero5150 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:42 pm

Relix Typhon wrote:
xaero5150 wrote: Every last one of us did something insanely boring to get rich enough to do what we want.

I didn't.

Good for you. Most of the people I know have their eyes on one of the big three (or all of them) and would like to be out in the universe rocking that super ship before they are eligible for social security. Between rank grind for the Cutter and the Corvette and the credit grind for the ship itself and the rebuy, it can take actual months or years for the casual player to do what they actually want. Not my place to tell people they can'tuse ceos/sothis or robigo, or quince, or rhea, or Upsilon Aquarii to accomplish what they want. If you want the top trading ship(the cutter) you can expect months of casual grind to get it. If you want the ultimate murder machine(the corvette) then you can expect months of casual play to get that. If you want the jack of most trades(anaconda) that will only take you weeks. There is a reason that when these "exploits" are found, half the galaxy shows up in the system, not because they like the mindless grind, but because they want what the grind gets you, namely whatever you want to do, whether it's bounty hunting, general combat, trading, passengers, exploration, whatever.

I personally choose combat, with occasional missions and general exploration. I can only do that because I am space rich and have loaded for war Corvettes. My personal favorite ship is a corvette named the FNS ROFLSTOMP. When the new ships come out, I will get them. When the new carriers hit, I will have one. If a new weapon comes out that costs a billion credits and lays waste to entire planets, that gun is mine. Sure I did some unpleasant, boring tasks to get here, but it sure beats spending a year in a cobra working for peanuts, just to get jealous when somebody cruises by in a hopped up cutter(that I really wanted until I had one and realized it should be the protagonist in a certain fast and the furious movie).

With all that being said, I know people are going to jump on this, and the next "exploit" to get what they want so they can do what they want. Isn't that the point? Play the game the way you want?
Image

xaero5150
Harmless
Harmless
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:29 am
CMDR: xaero5150
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: A request from a player faction regarding Upsilon Aquarii passenger missions.

Postby xaero5150 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:48 pm

SeppiMontana wrote:Sorry if I interrupt your descussion. Just wanted to give some details about the alternative to Upsylon Aquarii: LTT 2684 -> Namorodo
I was there and it worked pretty well (already without ranking up the factions). The Supercruise to the target is roughly 20Minutes for the ~500,000Ls. You can get between 40 and 70millions per run and with Boardhopping time I think 2 runs per hour can be archived. So I would say up to 140mil/h

On Upsylon Aquarii I made 170mil in 1h but RNGesus hates me. 170 was the best I had so far with 25min Boardhopping. Usually I get 80mil (half hour hopping boards) and I am allied with all factions there... Few friends got already a few runs with 240/250mil but they did 45min hopping boards... So here again ~120mil/h
Just to give you a comparison.
Bye folks


I actually found a trick that seems to reset the RNGesus, YMMV, but after a few hops a full exit to desktop can force an instance change. I noticed that every now and then I would bounce to a new board, just to have the exact same contracts (but strangely from different factions). When you drop to desktop you usually connect to a whole new server and that resets the RNGesus. The problem is the frequency of drops to a specific system. I was getting 1 out of 6 on each hop then 3-5 hops with nothing. When I exited I would get 3-4 missions right after logging back in. I also found that when surface prospecting, something similar happens. Nothing for 20 minutes, after a drop to desktop metallic meteors all over the place.
Image

SeppiMontana
Harmless
Harmless
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:50 pm
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: A request from a player faction regarding Upsilon Aquarii passenger missions.

Postby SeppiMontana » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:37 am

xaero5150 wrote:
SeppiMontana wrote:Sorry if I interrupt your descussion. Just wanted to give some details about the alternative to Upsylon Aquarii: LTT 2684 -> Namorodo
I was there and it worked pretty well (already without ranking up the factions). The Supercruise to the target is roughly 20Minutes for the ~500,000Ls. You can get between 40 and 70millions per run and with Boardhopping time I think 2 runs per hour can be archived. So I would say up to 140mil/h

On Upsylon Aquarii I made 170mil in 1h but RNGesus hates me. 170 was the best I had so far with 25min Boardhopping. Usually I get 80mil (half hour hopping boards) and I am allied with all factions there... Few friends got already a few runs with 240/250mil but they did 45min hopping boards... So here again ~120mil/h
Just to give you a comparison.
Bye folks


I actually found a trick that seems to reset the RNGesus, YMMV, but after a few hops a full exit to desktop can force an instance change. I noticed that every now and then I would bounce to a new board, just to have the exact same contracts (but strangely from different factions). When you drop to desktop you usually connect to a whole new server and that resets the RNGesus. The problem is the frequency of drops to a specific system. I was getting 1 out of 6 on each hop then 3-5 hops with nothing. When I exited I would get 3-4 missions right after logging back in. I also found that when surface prospecting, something similar happens. Nothing for 20 minutes, after a drop to desktop metallic meteors all over the place.
Won't work on PS4 I think ;-)

xaero5150
Harmless
Harmless
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:29 am
CMDR: xaero5150
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: A request from a player faction regarding Upsilon Aquarii passenger missions.

Postby xaero5150 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:26 am

SeppiMontana wrote:
xaero5150 wrote:
SeppiMontana wrote:Sorry if I interrupt your descussion. Just wanted to give some details about the alternative to Upsylon Aquarii: LTT 2684 -> Namorodo
I was there and it worked pretty well (already without ranking up the factions). The Supercruise to the target is roughly 20Minutes for the ~500,000Ls. You can get between 40 and 70millions per run and with Boardhopping time I think 2 runs per hour can be archived. So I would say up to 140mil/h

On Upsylon Aquarii I made 170mil in 1h but RNGesus hates me. 170 was the best I had so far with 25min Boardhopping. Usually I get 80mil (half hour hopping boards) and I am allied with all factions there... Few friends got already a few runs with 240/250mil but they did 45min hopping boards... So here again ~120mil/h
Just to give you a comparison.
Bye folks


I actually found a trick that seems to reset the RNGesus, YMMV, but after a few hops a full exit to desktop can force an instance change. I noticed that every now and then I would bounce to a new board, just to have the exact same contracts (but strangely from different factions). When you drop to desktop you usually connect to a whole new server and that resets the RNGesus. The problem is the frequency of drops to a specific system. I was getting 1 out of 6 on each hop then 3-5 hops with nothing. When I exited I would get 3-4 missions right after logging back in. I also found that when surface prospecting, something similar happens. Nothing for 20 minutes, after a drop to desktop metallic meteors all over the place.
Won't work on PS4 I think ;-)


Fair point. You might be able to force a similar behavior by disconnecting the internet on the PS4. I don't have a PS4, but I am well versed in network tech and a loss of connection will cause the system to catch the next available server, which will likely bounce to a new instance. I installed a routine on my router that kills all traffic for a similar reason, push button on smartphone and the router reboots, temporarily disconnecting all traffic. I do not know how the PS4 handles a hard disconnect, but as long as it doesn't freak out, it would likely operate in a similar manner. By freak out, I mean that it might request a new login for network services to the sony servers or something like that, which might take several minutes, negating the benefits of a bounce.
Image

User avatar
Avramovic
Harmless
Harmless
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:32 pm
CMDR: Avramovic
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: A request from a player faction regarding Upsilon Aquarii passenger missions.

Postby Avramovic » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:09 pm

Guys. There is a VERY easy workaround - Jemison Vision in LHS 538 which is close to U. Aquarii offers similar, if not even more lucrative, transport jobs.
Image

User avatar
sean_crow
Competent
Competent
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:19 pm
CMDR: sean_crow
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: A request from a player faction regarding Upsilon Aquarii passenger missions.

Postby sean_crow » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:16 pm

Avramovic wrote:Guys. There is a VERY easy workaround - Jemison Vision in LHS 538 which is close to U. Aquarii offers similar, if not even more lucrative, transport jobs.

I guess, you have to be allied with the mission givers?
Image

User avatar
Avramovic
Harmless
Harmless
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:32 pm
CMDR: Avramovic
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: A request from a player faction regarding Upsilon Aquarii passenger missions.

Postby Avramovic » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:02 pm

sean_crow wrote:
Avramovic wrote:Guys. There is a VERY easy workaround - Jemison Vision in LHS 538 which is close to U. Aquarii offers similar, if not even more lucrative, transport jobs.

I guess, you have to be allied with the mission givers?

Not at all, even some bribes to get to Cordial is enough, coupled with a LOT of board hopping (Open/Solo/Private, rinse & repeat), to get some really huge missions, like 10-20 mil. credits per bunch of people - about 20-30 people a bunch, refugees, they're escaping since there is a civil war going on. This might change is the war ends but hopefully then you'll have just the tourist groups.

Keep in mind, most of these groups will need lots of room - I am using a cheap but vulnerable Lakon T7, which turns like a cow and since I can't successfully fight anything bigger than Adder, I've invested into engines and powerplant. All the cargo rack room was converted into economy passenger space, with a few business and 1st class cabin, if anyone decides to be snotty.
Image

dzntz4u
Harmless
Harmless
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:39 pm
CMDR: dzntz4u
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: A request from a player faction regarding Upsilon Aquarii passenger missions.

Postby dzntz4u » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:48 pm

FYI all systems within the neighborhood of smeaton orbital offer the same missions.... Even the smaller outposts and planetary bases have the same pax missions

AJStoner
Competent
Competent
Posts: 104
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:31 am
CMDR: A.J. Stoner
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: A request from a player faction regarding Upsilon Aquarii passenger missions.

Postby AJStoner » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:08 pm

Spitting into the wind. Even if all of us agreed to do this, and I'm not sure why we should, the number of players in 5the game still grinding here would render it a meaningless gesture. these guys just picked the wrong system to set-up shop in--that simple.
Aim to please; shoot to kill.

LeDoyen
Expert
Expert
Posts: 247
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:48 pm
CMDR: Le Doyen
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: A request from a player faction regarding Upsilon Aquarii passenger missions.

Postby LeDoyen » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:55 pm

Actually this kind of requests is the best way to be updated on the latest money making schemes. i'm all for it :)

It will make 10 players stop doing it while making a hundred learn about it and go for it


Return to “News and Announcements”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

i