Heads up CDMRs! Blackmount Orbital @ HIP 17692 is on Lockdown and has limited services available

The place for you to catch the latest news
cyberbofh
Competent
Competent
CMDR: cyberbofh
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Heads up CDMRs! Blackmount Orbital @ HIP 17692 is on Lockdown and has limited services available

Postby cyberbofh » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:15 pm

Greetings CMDRs!

For everyone who wants to do the community goals for this week, be careful, because..

Blackmount Orbital @ HIP 17692 is on Lockdown and has limited services available

As for now the following services are are affected

• Commodities market = DOWN
  • Crew Lounge = DOWN
  • Outfitting = DOWN

This means you cannot do the hauling CG until this is resolved!

How can you help?
Go bounty hunting to restore order!

Fly safely & plan your trip CMDRs o7
--

Fly safely CMDR! o7

Discord Mod
Forum Mod

Remember Wheaton's law

ImageImage

Angelshark
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Angelshark1979
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Heads up CDMRs! Blackmount Orbital @ HIP 17692 is on Lockdown and has limited services available

Postby Angelshark » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:37 pm

In an interesting turn of events I finally got out there with my cobra. Got about 100k bounty turned in and went to bed. Today i hop on and low and behold, I can see a single RES site. What's more, when I opened the Missions page, I got a message saying failed to update from the server.

Now I play on PS4, in my own group, because I want my RL friend to be able to play with me, but I just wanted to put it out there in case anyone else was experiencing something similar or am I just looking at bad lag? (Which will be impressive since my PS4 is hardwired into the internet, not wireless.)

cyberbofh
Competent
Competent

Re: Heads up CDMRs! Blackmount Orbital @ HIP 17692 is on Lockdown and has limited services available

Postby cyberbofh » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:09 pm

Angelshark wrote:.. when I opened the Missions page, I got a message saying failed to update from the server.

TY CMDR Angelshark for your report :)

the lockdown was caused by other CMDRs who try to sabotage the community goal event :(

server errors are caused by FDEV not feeding the server hamsters :cry:
they often happen at busy locations - like community goal locations - during the evening and weekends..
(makes you wonder why FDEV doesn't fix it.. since it's an old problem..)
--

Fly safely CMDR! o7

Discord Mod
Forum Mod

Remember Wheaton's law

ImageImage

Angelshark
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Angelshark » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:12 pm

Could the server error be why I'm unable to see the RES sites?

cyberbofh
Competent
Competent

Postby cyberbofh » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:41 pm

Angelshark wrote:Could the server error be why I'm unable to see the RES sites?

I didn't check out the system, but..
In general, to be able to see RES sites, make sure you're within 1,000 Ls of a planet
--

Fly safely CMDR! o7

Discord Mod
Forum Mod

Remember Wheaton's law

ImageImage

Toran Allaires
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Toran Allaires

Postby Toran Allaires » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:26 am

I loaded my ASP X with 80 tons of power generators and now I'm sitting. I thought I could help with the bounty hunting so I had my Imp Courier flown out - but I'll have to sell the cargo somewhere else before climbing into my fighter. Not sure what the best next step is... Wait it out or lose my contribution to the CG to help lift the lockdown (which could, theoretically, go right back up while I run out to load up my ASP again).

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Postby Cometborne » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:54 am

Something is really broken with the system, the RES sites sometimes show up, sometimes they are not there. The mission board works in open, but not in solo or PG. This is all highly annoying.

However, at least as far as the bounty hunting CG is concerned, there is a work-around: Any bounty voucher issued by Pleiades Resource Enterprise or the Federation counts. There is at least a high RES around Merope 5 (13 LY away), and Merope is also controlled by Pleiades Resource Enterprise, so if you kill pirates there, you get bounty vouchers from PRE.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

Angelshark
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Angelshark » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:49 pm

Cometborne wrote:However, at least as far as the bounty hunting CG is concerned, there is a work-around: Any bounty voucher issued by Pleiades Resource Enterprise or the Federation counts. There is at least a high RES around Merope 5 (13 LY away), and Merope is also controlled by Pleiades Resource Enterprise, so if you kill pirates there, you get bounty vouchers from PRE.

Good Call. I had to switch from my group into solo play. Only just figured it out last night. Let's drop that lockdown!

Return to “News and Announcements”