Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Information from Lavecon 2017

Postby Xebeth » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:04 pm

Some of the info shared at Lavecon, new for 2.4

1. Even the most "pimped out" ship will not be a match for Thargoids at the start, expect a new arms race. FD have worked out culture, tech, ecology for Thargoids. These are the Thargoids from 1984, "maybe there is something interesting behind why they look different".

2. FD are designing new weapons and other items for use with the Thargoids.

3. Hull repair limpets (primarily aimed at explorers), repair yourself or others
4. Limpet making synthesis recipe
5. Comms panel now has filters for incoming messages (i.e. unread, urgent, audio logs, missions etc...), chained missions will get threaded messages
6. New contacts at stations, search and rescue contact dealing with salvage items (salvaged items longer sold on commodity market)
7. NO MORE SUICIDEWINDER! to clear your fines/bounties - the rebuy of most expensive ship used during the "crime spree" (i.e. if you commited a crime using a Corvette, you have to pay the cost of your Corvette even if you suicide in a Sidewinder)
8. Pilot's Federation Bounty. Attack a ship with a Pilot's Federation pilot, gain a Pilots Federation bounty. A PF bounty is valid everywhere (except anarchies)
9. You will be able to pay-off rebuy by selling your other ships if you don't have the money to cover your rebuy
10. There will be ways to interact with the Thargoids other than attacking them, but these will be dangerous
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Information from Lavecon 2017

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:21 pm

Thanks.

I can hear the whining now about 7.

I'm not sure about 8 - does that mean security will scan and attack you everywhere except anarchies and you will need to sneak into stations or have the station scan and destroy you? If so, that's not too bad of a punishment system for pk criminals.
It's time to give this another go.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly

Postby Xebeth » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:36 pm

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:I'm not sure about 8 - does that mean security will scan and attack you everywhere except anarchies and you will need to sneak into stations or have the station scan and destroy you? If so, that's not too bad of a punishment system for pk criminals.

Interesting point, I would imagine so, I assume it's like having a bounty in every system (except anarchy) all at the same time, with the same rules and consequences. So kill a player illegally and you be persona non grata everywhere for 7 days.

Orochimaru
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Orochimaruh

Postby Orochimaru » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:48 pm

Xebeth wrote:Some of the info shared at Lavecon, new for 2.4

1. Even the most "pimped out" ship will not be a match for Thargoids at the start, expect a new arms race. FD have worked out culture, tech, ecology for Thargoids. These are the Thargoids from 1984, "maybe there is something interesting behind why they look different".

2. FD are designing new weapons and other items for use with the Thargoids.

3. Hull repair limpets (primarily aimed at explorers), repair yourself or others
4. Limpet making synthesis recipe
5. Comms panel now has filters for incoming messages (i.e. unread, urgent, audio logs, missions etc...), chained missions will get threaded messages
6. New contacts at stations, search and rescue contact dealing with salvage items (salvaged items longer sold on commodity market)
7. NO MORE SUICIDEWINDER! to clear your fines/bounties - the rebuy of most expensive ship used during the "crime spree" (i.e. if you commited a crime using a Corvette, you have to pay the cost of your Corvette even if you suicide in a Sidewinder)
8. Pilot's Federation Bounty. Attack a ship with a Pilot's Federation pilot, gain a Pilots Federation bounty. A PF bounty is valid everywhere (except anarchies)
9. You will be able to pay-off rebuy by selling your other ships if you don't have the money to cover your rebuy
10. There will be ways to interact with the Thargoids other than attacking them, but these will be dangerous

I guess 1 might save me the grinding in Horizons needed to get my ship engineered.

2.4 will introduce a new grind for Thargoid rate weapons and modules.

Maybe we will have new ships.

Sent from my LON-L29 using Tapatalk
//"ye meet orochi crazy ass vulture pilot" ^^

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:57 pm

Xebeth wrote:... So kill a player illegally and you be persona non grata everywhere for 7 days.

I forgot about the 7 days thing - it's been years since I accidentally got a bounty. I still don't like that murder turns into a small fine and wish they would do something more about that.
It's time to give this another go.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly

Postby Xebeth » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:22 pm

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:
Xebeth wrote:... So kill a player illegally and you be persona non grata everywhere for 7 days.

I forgot about the 7 days thing - it's been years since I accidentally got a bounty. I still don't like that murder turns into a small fine and wish they would do something more about that.

It'll be interesting to watch how it works, kill a player and get a 7 day bounty basically everywhere, kill another player in the 7 days and the time goes back to the start of the 7 days, kill yourself in that time and have to pay the rebuy on what ever ship you were using to kill players and the bounty becomes dormant and be reactivated if scanned (I'm assuming by anyone now as its a PF bounty), get scanned and killed and you have to pay the rebuy on your 'crime ship' which also now has the fine added to it.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:35 pm

Orochimaru wrote:I guess 1 might save me the grinding in Horizons needed to get my ship engineered.

I think the current engineering mods will still be valid for all the things that we are doing in the game today. I think that there will be additional weapons and engineering mods for Thargoid related weapons.

I wouldn't stop engineering anything that I was currently working on.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:43 pm

JohnLuke wrote:
Orochimaru wrote:I guess 1 might save me the grinding in Horizons needed to get my ship engineered.

I think the current engineering mods will still be valid for all the things that we are doing in the game today. I think that there will be additional weapons and engineering mods for Thargoid related weapons.

I wouldn't stop engineering anything that I was currently working on.

My main question for then would be.

How does the anti Tharg weapons work on normal people?
FSD increase, PDS, and thruster mods I suppose would still be nice.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Greylock3491
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Greylock3491

Postby Greylock3491 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:06 pm

Wow - great info - thanks for sharing

JustSomeGuy
Master
Master
CMDR: Murhapuro

Postby JustSomeGuy » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:14 pm

TorTorden wrote:My main question for then would be.

How does the anti Tharg weapons work on normal people?
FSD increase, PDS, and thruster mods I suppose would still be nice.

Yep, does this mean we now have to have two different sets of weapons equipped, a couple of guns for "normal" npc.s and another couple just for Thargoids. I don't think we can go with just Thargoid guns and then go one shotting npc Anacondas on haz res.
I play on PC, in the Mobius PVE Eurasia group.

Return to “News and Announcements”