The place for you to catch the latest news
Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Open beta for E:D 2.3.10

Postby Cometborne » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:15 pm

FDEv has started an open beta for E:D version 2.3.10 today. The beta can already be downloaded and played, the snapshot looks to be from Saturday, June 3rd. Beta notes and change log:

Hi everyone,

The 2.3.10 beta is now live, and available for download for everyone who owns Elite Dangerous: Horizons (Please note: as with previous Betas, this is not available on Xbox One.) As we mentioned before, this beta will contain less visible changes and more ‘under the hood’ enhancements intended to improve stability and performance; for this reason we wanted to open up the beta for everyone to help test these important things. You can see the full list of changes, and a list of things we need your help with testing, in the text below.

As an added incentive for helping us test these important stability changes, anybody who gets involved in the beta-only Community Goals will receive an exclusive in-game decal that will be available at the launch of 2.4.

[decal pics]

All you have to do to receive the decal is take part in the CGs listed in the ‘Network and Physics Stress Testing Request’ section of this post.

We’re grateful for your passion and continued support for Elite Dangerous, and your assistance testing this beta will really help to improve stability and performance of the game.

Here’s the full list of the changes going in to the 2.3.10 beta:

Stability Fixes
  • Fixed a Commander Data error that could occur when two players switch to a Fighter at the same time in Multi-Crew
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when in High Intensity Conflict Zones for extended periods of time
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when activating Silent Running in a CQC match
  • Fixed a crash that could occur in the Capital Ship Encounters

General Fixes & Tweaks
  • General text fixes
  • Updated some translations
  • Audio: Fixed an issue with inbox message alert audio not playing
  • Audio: Fixed an issue whereby the audio would continue to loop when holding the fire button, after your shield cell bank had run out of ammo
  • Audio: Fixed an issue with the discovery scanner audio - Honks are back!

Camera Suite
  • Fixed an issue that caused the 'Frameshift Charging' indicator to become stuck on screen if you cancelled a hyperjump whilst in the camera suite

Holo-Me Creator
  • Implemented various changes to improve the appearance of Holo-Me in extreme lighting conditions

Installations/POIs/USSs
  • Fixed an issue whereby the Technology 06 codex entry was missing from Ancient Ruins

Missions
  • Mission board generation optimisations

Multi-Crew
  • Added the ability for Helm to limit the functionality of the Gunner role if desired (for example, preventing the use of utility style modules or deploying/retracting hardpoints)
  • Added the ability for Helm to disable the Fighter Control role if desired
  • Fix to allow the Helm access to turret mode options when they do not have a Gunner in their Multi-Crew session
  • Multicrew activities that have crew slots available are now highlighted with ‘+’ symbols
  • The 'Switch Roles' button will now be greyed out if your SRV is carrying more cargo than the ship has capacity for

Network
  • General network tweaks and fixes

Outfitting
  • Fixed an issue whereby the Engine Detailing slot did not appear when using the the Detailing filter tab

Player Journal
  • Fixed an issue with NPC names becoming garbled in the Player Journal

Server

Ships
  • General Ship Fixes and Improvements
  • Anaconda: Fixed some visual issues with the Anaconda's cockpit and made some improvements
  • Imperial Courier: Fixed an issue with the Imperial Courier's Slipstream paint job
  • Python: Python ship kits no longer appear worn when fully repaired

Here’s a list of things we’d need your help with testing. Thanks everyone! And have fun out there!

NETWORK AND PHYSICS STRESS TESTING REQUEST
Improvements have been made to networking around sites with lots of builds and interactive objects and physics in the game. Therefore we would like to ask all commanders to help stress test the network at the ancient site on planet 1B in the Synuefe XR-H D11-102 system. To stress test please go to the site and try arriving and departing from the ruins in large numbers, in wings and in multicrew.

Also please pick up and drop items, and throw your SRVs around at the site to test the physics.

Please could you use missiles and mines as well as limpets on each other and objects to make sure they are still functioning as expected.

We have placed a temporary asteroid station “No Moon” in the system to act as a base of operations for these tests and also host some Community Goals to act as guide to the sort of things we need to test.
CG #1 - Network Gurus Network at Ancient Ruins
Help stress test networking and physics at the ancient site on Planet 1B in the Synuefe XR-H D11-102 system. To prove you were there please pick up and deliver one ancient item to No Moon in Synuefe XR-H D11-102.
CG #2 – Dedicated Testers Go Mining
Help stress test networking and physics (limpets especially) at asteroid sites in the Synuefe XR-H D11-102 system. To prove you have been there please bring back at least 1 unit of any mined metal.

As well as the answers above we would appreciate it if you could attempt to break the game at these locations to include the following see what happens when in wings, have people dropping out midway then dropping back in etc. Can you shoot knock the objects around? Try using vanity cams during the scenario, try swapping in and out of fighters. In multicrew try swapping roles and using ship systems and galaxy map and hot swapping throughout. Try using Commander Creator during the scenario. We are confident that you will find ways to do this that are not mentioned above, so please try whatever comes into your heads.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Open beta for E:D 2.3.10

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:52 pm

CG's are in Open......

I wonder what will happen.....

:lol:

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

JustSomeGuy
Master
Master
CMDR: Murhapuro

Postby JustSomeGuy » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:29 pm

Open only? At least the CG text does not mention that. And I see the CG;s while in Mobius PG and can join in.

edit:
-- Aand I found it. Network stress test is in open play. But.. I'm going to deliver the ancient thing in solo or PG first, and hand it over in open after I have landed. Otherwise it'll never reach the station..

Now.. where can I find an Ancient Artifact?
I play on PC, in the Mobius PVE Eurasia group.

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:08 pm

I assumed the CG would only be in the beta and that's the bit needs testing? I'm confused.

Mission board generation optimisations

Sounds ominous. Board switching nerf?

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:49 pm

JustSomeGuy wrote:Open only? At least the CG text does not mention that. And I see the CG;s while in Mobius PG and can join in.

edit:
-- Aand I found it. Network stress test is in open play. But.. I'm going to deliver the ancient thing in solo or PG first, and hand it over in open after I have landed. Otherwise it'll never reach the station..

Now.. where can I find an Ancient Artifact?

It was not as bad as I expected.....

Took ages for the artefacts to spawn because so many people there...........Got one eventually....Thanks to Dawg and Tor being in the right place at the right time.....

A few shenanigans......

Lori got attacked......Bad move when we are in wing...I think Tor took him out......

I was attacked out of wing by a well known PVP person.....Not sure it was him though because I thought he would be better....

He either run away...Went cold or combat logged because he just disappeared when things did not go quite the way he intended.....

But he could have just been playing with me......

Long drops all night......CTD's and split instances added to fun of trying to get a wing together.....

Not sure I'll go back as I should have the Decal now......But I might...Just for a change....

:)

Oh and the artifacts are found in small piles of rocks around the site.....

Relics are found in towers that come up from the ground in front of you.........

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Lanceor
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Lanceor

Postby Lanceor » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:28 pm

I take it this is going on for a while? I might join in after the Exioce war just to get the decal - after the fuss has died down and griefer levels are lower of course.
Very little game time, but often chatting at work.

JustSomeGuy
Master
Master
CMDR: Murhapuro

Postby JustSomeGuy » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:58 am

I fetched my artifact in Mobius PG and only after landing on the station, I switched to open and sold it. I hope that is enough to get the decal.
To "pay" for it, I did try the same in open for quite some time without success. There were no artifacts to be found and there were a lot of people messing around. Took surprisingly long before someone used a big gun on my SRV and one shotted me. After that I could not log back in to the open mode, took long time and then got network error.

Someone even asked in local that if there were any Mobius players around.. Maybe looking for targets? :D
I kept quiet at that time.. :oops:
I play on PC, in the Mobius PVE Eurasia group.

de Carabas
Master
Master
CMDR: de Carabas

Postby de Carabas » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:34 am

It was fun for a while at the Ancient site last night, dodging Kharma and getting my 'conda shot at by Lori in his SRV. There's was some interesting ship stacking going on and it's amazing just how high you can jump in an SRV if you find the right upslope. I managed to jump a few ships and when in my 'conda I managed to catch an SRV as it went by (not sure who it was).

I dropped into solo in order to find an artifact and when I went back to open all hell had broken lose and there were a few well known people shooting everyone in sight. I saw comments complaining about people "logging" even though it was a beta... I was tempted to reply that people were being dicks even though it's a beta but was in the process of FSDing out at the time.
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:12 pm

de Carabas wrote:It was fun for a while at the Ancient site last night, dodging Kharma and getting my 'conda shot at by Lori in his SRV. There's was some interesting ship stacking going on and it's amazing just how high you can jump in an SRV if you find the right upslope. I managed to jump a few ships and when in my 'conda I managed to catch an SRV as it went by (not sure who it was).

I was giving you the standard A-Team greeting of shots to the face

I was doing well shooting you. Almost got a ring down before I fell and blew up. As I said in game, it was annoying as a mosquito.

I tried to land on you just before I blew up. Got my decal though as Kharma said, thanks to Tor and Dawg.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Dudley
Master
Master
CMDR: Dudley_Dawg

Postby Dudley » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:52 pm

We were in open.?????

oh. :?
As a tribute to Tor, my CMDR has small feet too! o7 Dawg

Return to “News and Announcements”