The place for you to catch the latest news
uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Elite Dangerous - 2.4 and beyond

Postby uvelius » Fri May 26, 2017 8:10 am

DarkMere wrote: Its difficult to compete with other games that seemingly offer more and advertise more,

Exactly. It is not that hard to promise golden castles to get someone into bed, but to hold to your promises after that is quite a different matter.
In that respect, ED has build quite an impressive house, made a nice lawn, even planted an interesting forest ... and if some doors are still creaking, the water pipes are not finished in every single room, and some animals haven't yet populated the woods, well, that's a fair deal I guess.

de Carabas
Master
Master
CMDR: de Carabas
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby de Carabas » Fri May 26, 2017 9:38 am

I wonder what is considered as 'core gameplay'? Speculation is that it's the basic mechanics of exploration, combat and trading but what if FD think the 'core' of E: D is Power Play and that all other actions should relate back to that? There's a question on perspective here.
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby smartroad » Fri May 26, 2017 12:09 pm

de Carabas wrote:I wonder what is considered as 'core gameplay'? Speculation is that it's the basic mechanics of exploration, combat and trading but what if FD think the 'core' of E: D is Power Play and that all other actions should relate back to that? There's a question on perspective here.

Hopefully they read enough of the forums to realise that 'core' to the community is trading, exploring, mining and the like. That's what I hope!
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

Greylock3491
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Greylock3491
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Greylock3491 » Fri May 26, 2017 12:42 pm

I also think this is good news :-)

While I'd be willing to spend $30 to buy another season pass with cool new features, given the fact that the game's player base is going to expand greatly with the PS4 release, it makes sense to work on the game's core for awhile after 2.4 launches.

Looking forward to June 13/14th!

Return to “News and Announcements”