The place for you to catch the latest news
Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: 2.3 The Commanders - RELEASE DATE

Postby Xebeth » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:48 pm

Phillipus wrote:I was thinking back to when I was playing this game 2 years ago...I think I enjoyed the relative simplicity of it back then...I was working towards getting a Python, trying out an FSD interdicter for the first time...saving up for an Anaconda. Good days. And then, for me, the decline started with bolt-ons like PowerPlay, CQC, Engineers...

Stick with the relative simplicity, that's what I've done.

I don't PowerPlay, I don't CQC, and as for Engineers, I've only used four, Farseer for FSD, PP, Thrusters, and Boosters; McQuinn for multis; Dweller for Pulse or Burst; and Martuuk for shields. None of the stuff they want is hard to find (for the mods I use), does it mean I have the ultimate god-ships, no, do I care, no, stuff dies as quickly as it ever has.

I keep my ships relatively simple, favouring pulses and multi-cannons (and occasionally bursts), I don't min-max, I don't spend hours grinding for rare materials for that extra 5% DPS, I don't obsess over which mod is best, I doubt that I'll ever visit any of the other Engineers, I'm certainly not going to spend hours hauling some rare tea just for an extra few DPS in order to kill things 10 seconds quicker.

It was like this back in my WoW days, people would spend hours farming materials, and ages at the practice dummies getting that extra percentage of DPS, I frankly just used stuff as it turned up or bought it at the auction house when I could afford it, and I was still always in the top 10 in the damage dealing stakes during raids.

I play for the fun of flying a space ship and making pretty explosions, I do the things I enjoy and just ignore the things I don't like.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:16 pm

Xebeth wrote:I play for the fun of flying a space ship and making pretty explosions, I do the things I enjoy and just ignore the things I don't like.

That's A-Team talk that is.....

:D

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:17 pm

Cmdr Kharma wrote:
Xebeth wrote:I play for the fun of flying a space ship and making pretty explosions, I do the things I enjoy and just ignore the things I don't like.

The A-Team have exactly the right attitude to the "game"
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Relix Typhon » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:51 pm

Xebeth wrote:
Phillipus wrote:I was thinking back to when I was playing this game 2 years ago...I think I enjoyed the relative simplicity of it back then...I was working towards getting a Python, trying out an FSD interdicter for the first time...saving up for an Anaconda. Good days. And then, for me, the decline started with bolt-ons like PowerPlay, CQC, Engineers...

Stick with the relative simplicity, that's what I've done.

I don't PowerPlay, I don't CQC, and as for Engineers, I've only used four, Farseer for FSD, PP, Thrusters, and Boosters; McQuinn for multis; Dweller for Pulse or Burst; and Martuuk for shields. None of the stuff they want is hard to find (for the mods I use), does it mean I have the ultimate god-ships, no, do I care, no, stuff dies as quickly as it ever has.

I keep my ships relatively simple, favouring pulses and multi-cannons (and occasionally bursts), I don't min-max, I don't spend hours grinding for rare materials for that extra 5% DPS, I don't obsess over which mod is best, I doubt that I'll ever visit any of the other Engineers, I'm certainly not going to spend hours hauling some rare tea just for an extra few DPS in order to kill things 10 seconds quicker.

It was like this back in my WoW days, people would spend hours farming materials, and ages at the practice dummies getting that extra percentage of DPS, I frankly just used stuff as it turned up or bought it at the auction house when I could afford it, and I was still always in the top 10 in the damage dealing stakes during raids.

I play for the fun of flying a space ship and making pretty explosions, I do the things I enjoy and just ignore the things I don't like.

This is the key to this game for me, you can take as much or as little out of it as you want. I don't powerplay or CQC but I have got into Engineers in a pretty big way recently. I haven't bothered with any G5 rolls (I don't think) because I cant be bothered to farm rare mats for example. As for unlocking them, I just did a bit at a time as some of them are booooooring chores (I'm looking at you, Classified Scan Databanks!).

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:05 pm

Even powerplay has gotten pretty easy, well less annoying.
Past few weeks I have been pledged to li Yong rui to get the packhounds, because. Why not?.
So far not one pp related interdiction, in or around his controlled area.

I have honestly just ignored my membership until Wednesday evening where I did two runs in the cutter and got the needed rank to unlock the packhounds.

Only reason I have been interdicted past is because, well the red mist descended and I performed a slight "deadification" of a local police eagle.
But I can evade interdictions even in the cutter these days so no problems.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Hrdina
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Hrdina

Postby Hrdina » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:14 am

Xebeth wrote:
Cmdr Kharma wrote:

The A-Team have exactly the right attitude to the "game"

You folks are my kind of Commanders.

I gave PP a chance, but haven't looked back since I gave it up months ago. Never tried CQC. I've done a little more with Engineers than you, but not by much.
Jameson & Son are my copilots

charlie2alpha
Expert
Expert
CMDR: charlie2alpha

Postby charlie2alpha » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:35 am

PowerPlay.... the last time I bothered was a year ago. CQC? What is that? The only thing I bothered with and with a great delay compared to others are the engineers, have all of them unlocked except one that I'm too lazy to bother and don't need him really. I bother to help The Order of Mobius every now and then and that's it. The rest of my time I either do the community goals (mostly BH) or doing random missions and stuff.

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*

Postby *Al* » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:38 am

Are you still playing the Credit counter for fun? What is your target at the moment?

Phillipus
Expert
Expert

Postby Phillipus » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:56 am

*Al* wrote:

Are you still playing the Credit counter for fun? What is your target at the moment?

Not sure what you mean by "Credit counter" but I have about 13 billion credits in assets, so I don't need to make more money. ;)

An interesting target would be to buy and manage a capital ship, or one of those new mega ships coming in 2.3. :shock:

BTW - I ain't complaining. Just thinking about the early days when everything was new and shiny. :)

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*

Postby *Al* » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:25 pm

Phillipus wrote:
*Al* wrote:

Not sure what you mean by "Credit counter" but I have about 13 billion credits in assets, so I don't need to make more money. ;)

An interesting target would be to buy and manage a capital ship, or one of those new mega ships coming in 2.3. :shock:

BTW - I ain't complaining. Just thinking about the early days when everything was new and shiny. :)

thought you had a bob or three.. I think you are right new and shiny (wonder when a decent new ship will be released).

Return to “News and Announcements”