Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: 2.3 Beta

Postby Loriath » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:13 am

Cmdr Kharma wrote:
Unfortunately the words storyboard and A-Team do not mix......

:D

Thats not Entirely Accurate.

NOT Knowing what we are doing : Fixed it, now accurate

Storyboard : Fixed it, now accurate

There's Always could be some great shit. : Fixed it, now accurate.

Flying from the Camera Position is scary as hell when entering and leaving a station. Using the 3/4 view on your commander so you can see out the front of the ship is NOT the best for battling, accurate manoeuvres, or sanity. Driving the buggy from a third person view is Dangerous, which I love but if you get motion sick, watch out.

The camera suite is going to make things REALLY interesting.

Asteroid Bases are cool. VERY cool. Can't wait for the day we can Make our own no matter when it happens. They have the ability (See Planet Coaster) its just a matter if they can make it part of the game.

When space legs come, the ships are going to be very cool. Don't need to walk around the stations all over, just hangar and maybe a cummunal area (aka BAR).

I think I can get my Cmdr. to look like me. Problem is, there is no Pot Belly (Fatness) Slider, nor is there a Man Boob Slider, so not going to be nearly accurate enough. Although, I like the idea of looking down and seeing my feet again. :P

Wonder if we will be able to add glasses as a cosmetic addon. Hair is NOT required for me.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

tim_harrison
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Ted Harrison

Postby tim_harrison » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:30 pm

How do I get on the beta? I must have missed it when I bought the game ages ago ;(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndyB
Master
Master
CMDR: Andy Bulman
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby AndyB » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:51 pm

tim_harrison wrote:How do I get on the beta? I must have missed it when I bought the game ages ago ;(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.frontierstore.net/games/eli ... -pass.html
Combat: Elite Trade: Elite Exploration: Elite

Mobius PvE Group Facebook Admin,
Mobius PvE Group Forum Moderator,
Mobius PvE Lead Admin,
Mobius PvE America Lead Admin,
Mobius Factions Assistant Admin,
Mobius PvE Eurasia Assistant Admin,

JustSomeGuy
Master
Master
CMDR: Murhapuro

Postby JustSomeGuy » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:29 pm

Have to open up a little bit :)

Why should I pay to test the game for them.. Shouldn't they pay me for the work I would do for them..

Ah, I feel a tiny bit better..
I play on PC, in the Mobius PVE Eurasia group.

evovi
Master
Master
CMDR: Auloria

Postby evovi » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:41 pm

JustSomeGuy wrote:Have to open up a little bit :)

Why should I pay to test the game for them.. Shouldn't they pay me for the work I would do for them..

I'm with you, I can't justify it... But I can justify buying my Python and FDL pirate paint jobs "deep sigh" :-/

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:16 pm

JustSomeGuy wrote:Have to open up a little bit :)

Yeah, I agree, and I'm not exactly a fan of beta testing.

But I discovered ED about 5-6 weeks before it was released, and I had components for a new computer on order the next day (hadn't gamed in many years). Once I put that together, I couldn't wait the extra month and bought the premium beta. It only cost about $10-15 and it did make me a backer and I got some extra stuff - ship insurance discount being one, and maybe a skin. If I could have got in on the alpha, or even the KS, I probably would have.

Then when Horizons came out, they reintroduced the lifetime expansion pass. I knew I was going to be playing this game for 10 years, assuming I live that long, so I snapped it up. So now I have lifetime beta access. I'll spend some time in beta, maybe trying ships I'll never qualify for (Cutter, Corvette), but I don't spend too much time in there.

But now? No - I wouldn't pay for beta access.
It's time to give this another go.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:52 pm

Dunno on that......

I have a lifetime......

But I convinced Dawg and Lori to get the last beta access and I *think* they thought it was money well spent....

Get to do/try shit you would not normally do.....Like pushing your flying skills without a costly rebuy

Try out mods and builds etc.......Ships you do not own......

For £5...That aint bad......

A lot can be learnt in beta.......

Although this one is slightly fucked......But they all have been for diff reasons.....

And believe me the "Team" go outta their way to fuck things up and try to test the abnormal shit......

Massive logs sent to FD......Talking double figured, almost treble gigs of data......

I'd say beta would be a perfect for a new starter to learn the ropes and not lose anything.....

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:20 am

Kharma is right, testing is what we do but it is not necessary for bugs, but for how new features fit in to what we do and how we play.

"Well I can do that when it's released, so that's no reason to play beta." Yeah, absolutely. But when you are looking at a 30 million credit rebuy as the expense of "Learning and Testing" what works for you, then go ahead if your "Daddy Warbucks" but most of the players are not that flush with cash, so everything being 10% of regular value makes it a hell of a lot easier to "teach" yourself to not do this or that when its not a huge expense.

It also allows us to see features in actions and plan some stuff that we want to do when it goes live.

So not only do Beta players help Non-Beta by finding and logging bugs which makes it better for everyone, but we also get to give sneak peaks to non-beta players which can help them to not make the same mistakes we do that will cost them lots of time, frustration and credits in the real game. Shit don't break till its stressed.

You can argue all you want that "We shouldn't have to pay to test stuff for them" but even if there was no Beta for anyone, we would be testing it in Live game and filing bugs, getting pissed off when a bug costs us time and credits, and you would still be PAYING by buying the game to TEST it for them. No one is forcing anyone to test, but if you do, you get advantages. Wait till release when you have to spend an hour just redoing Keybinds to get the camera to work. While you are doing that, we will be playing.

Don't want to do Beta, no problem, but remember us who do are making the game better for you.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

evovi
Master
Master
CMDR: Auloria

2.3 Beta

Postby evovi » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:19 am

I agree you are making the game better, by finding issues early on, but as I said I can't justify buying beta, but I can justify buying paint jobs etc, it's not about the money, that's the last reason, it's my sporadic game time that o quite often find myself in, what I would like to see is those who's had horizons from pre order gets to use beta for version 3, because surely any extra testing is valuable to FD - I do random stuff myself to break monotony up... That random stuff has me blowing up my ship & srv, shooting police like last night "whistles innocently" it's a bigger base to get answers... Are FD gonna loose money by giving beta access to current players that have owned horizons since launch? We woulda bought it already wouldn't we?

Anyway - off to get some work done so I can buy more goodies for the Python... Like the ship kit... I wanna put a spoiler on it

I'm also at a point in the game where I can buy and fly an anaconda... But I don't want to yet, I don't want to feel I've missed out on things by jumping straight in and getting end game ships... I'll take my time in that respects

JustSomeGuy
Master
Master
CMDR: Murhapuro

Postby JustSomeGuy » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:22 pm

I'm not saying that testing is a bad thing, quite the opposite. I just don't want to pay to do that. And I know that FD (or any other game dev) paying me for beta testing is never going to happen. If they would, then there would be rules, "you need to play beta x amount of hours a day and focus only on this area of the game" - and so on. And of course as long as there are people willing to pay for the beta access, why would FD pay anyone to play beta. They don't need to.

Had I bought the lifetime pass which included the beta access, I would probably try out the beta too. Same if the beta was free for all, I would likely go and try out things. But it would be just that, try things out and not mostly play beta until it's live realease. I would probably play with the new camera a lot as for me it is the most interesting thing the new patch has to offer as far as I know of the things to come.
Multi-crew itself is not interesting and the MMO type LFG system for co-pilot.. A big no thanks. I hope that at least the system will pick up someone from the same game mode you play in, so that if you play in Möbius, you will get co-pilot from Möbius and not from Open as that would make it completely useless. And in my opinion, in Open, the LFG system will be useless. Maybe entertaining for Twitch streams, but for "serious" play, no.

I do hope that there are a lot of quality of life improvements, things like the chat windows has. Now you see it more clearly and I think there were time stamps too. Well I hope there are. Also more filters, for example the contacts list on the left side screen could use tools to sort the content and filter out crap I don't want to see. Things like that are something I'd like to see.
I play on PC, in the Mobius PVE Eurasia group.

Return to “News and Announcements”