Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Mobius is full, how do i join?

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:29 pm

Arguendo wrote:
Roger Wilco Jr wrote:FD is supposed to cull members that haven't logged in for 6 months.

Has it been confirmed that they can and are doing this?

Well, it has been requested. I think we're just waiting for FD to find the time.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4684&start=170 (4th post down)
It's time to give this another go.

Arguendo
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Arguendo

Postby Arguendo » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:08 pm

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:
Arguendo wrote:Has it been confirmed that they can and are doing this?

Well, it has been requested. I think we're just waiting for FD to find the time.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4684&start=170 (4th post down)

Unfortunately, that thread is from 2 months back, and nothing heard since. We've only just reached the breaking point of Mobius.
Since nothing happened two months ago, I am not holding my breath waiting for something to happen this time around. I do hope they can remove cmdrs who haven't logged in for months though. I know several members of Mobius who haven't played at all since the release of 2.1 and I seriously doubt they will be back. And since I know very few of the 20k members, I assume there are a lot out there that aren't around anymore, but are taking up spots in Mobius :(

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:32 pm

Arguendo wrote:Unfortunately, that thread is from 2 months back, and nothing heard since. We've only just reached the breaking point of Mobius.
Since nothing happened two months ago, I am not holding my breath waiting for something to happen this time around. I do hope they can remove cmdrs who haven't logged in for months though. I know several members of Mobius who haven't played at all since the release of 2.1 and I seriously doubt they will be back. And since I know very few of the 20k members, I assume there are a lot out there that aren't around anymore, but are taking up spots in Mobius :(

I agree there is a lot of dead wood. I started a thread about it here, but no one took me up on it. I still figure there will be way less than 20k after the cull. It is taking a lot longer to happen than expected, but then who thought the beta would last more than a month? We really should have Season 3 by now, imho, but we are still waiting for the Commander Creator, Multi Crew, and some surprise first. I really got the impression, from wherever, that this cull would be done - eventually. It is becoming a bit of a priority now :roll:, so maybe it will actually happen sooner than later.
It's time to give this another go.

Falcon_D
Master
Master
CMDR: Falcon Darkstar

Postby Falcon_D » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:55 pm

I'm in the opinion to quit Möbius and join Möbius PvE, but I don't think one person moving over is really going to help.

Surprisingly I tend to see a lot of friends online this X'mas New Year season, when I play. Although I do not wing up with them.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Xebeth » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:46 pm

FD have always been very helpful (within the technical limitations of what they have), when our group size reached maximum last time they created a new group for us and disabled the on-line list to keep the group running, not many companies would be so accommodating.

They have also been on hand to remove undesirables when we have needed it, so I think they have done a good job in supporting us as much as they can, so I'm sure they will help us work this out. Undoubtedly like most companies at this time of year they are running with reduced staffing levels, couple this with running a Beta and preparing for the next release and I'm sure they are just busy.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon

Postby tinnitus » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:06 pm

There is nothing in the Group Policy that a Commander has to play "X" number of hours per Week/Month or they may be removed or have I missed that.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:02 am

tinnitus wrote:There is nothing in the Group Policy that a Commander has to play "X" number of hours per Week/Month or they may be removed or have I missed that.

No, but as it is, there are probably a lot of people who haven't played in Mobius or even logged into the game at all for months that are keeping newer players from joining a preferred group.

We are not stating that they won't be allowed to get back in like they would for a pvp infraction.

But honestly how likely is it for a player to return if they have been gone for a few months ?

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon

Postby tinnitus » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:17 am

TorTorden wrote: But honestly how likely is it for a player to return if they have been gone for a few months ?

Likelihood is very low, I know 3 players that are gone and not returning. If one had to put in some playing Mobius Group time that would be a good thing. Many games have some sort of minimum maintenance requirement. I play a game to avoid a Rank reduction one has to play "X" number of games per week more is better. So it is a Bonus-malus penalty or reward system, of course software monitors that process. I've only seen one commander in the System I have been working for sometime now. Busy system 27 Ship in 24 hours, 22 of them me :shock:
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Lonestar166
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Cinderelli

Postby Lonestar166 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:11 am

I am still dreaming of the day when I can become a group player in Mobius. It sure would be nice to be an active member, not a dead statistic.

Rhawone
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Rhawone

Postby Rhawone » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:25 pm

I've requested to join Mobius PvE in the meantime until a spot opens up for the main group.

Thanks for the opportunity to join one of the groups.

Return to “News and Announcements”