The place for you to catch the latest news
Jockgit64
Master
Master
CMDR: Jockgit
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Gamma 2.02 incoming.....

Postby Jockgit64 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:45 am

AndyB wrote:i have no codec packs installed, just a vanilla windows 8.1 with VLC installed for watching media. :(

I thought the same thing, but when I looked in Control Panel - Programs and Features, I found LAV Filters were installed, I also use VLC so it may be something that was installed by that, it's worth having a look just in case.

Jockgit64
Master
Master
CMDR: Jockgit

Postby Jockgit64 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:47 am

Philip Coutts wrote:Still getting server errors when trying to complete missions! :shock:

It cost me 10,000 credits + reputation and a whole pile of hassle to smuggle stuff into a space station.

This needs fixed as it is a game wrecker, ruins your rep and profit making abilities.

Totally gutted, got the day of work and planned to spend a bit of time mapping the systems near Azrael and gaining Rep with the Empire. Probably be another patch at 5.30pm again, wasted day :(

DustKart
Competent
Competent
CMDR: DustKart
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby DustKart » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am

I've got the birthday spinny ship of death!
Nice :|

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:40 pm

I have a six-month-old 8.1, 64-bit install with updated drivers and virtually no problems. (Apart from losing current missions after the 2.02 update last night, suiciding to lose the stuck cargo only to find everything miraculously restored - 50K down a black hole somewhere.)
There are a few server dropouts - usually when about to land or claim victory in a dogfight. The most annoying is the 'Failed to sync with the Matchmaker server'. What do you expect if you use a mint flavoured chocolate server?
I would imagine that Frontier's dev machines are pristine and that (most) things work correctly when uploaded to their servers. It's when the code hits the unpredictable environment of our computers that problems show themselves, but the job of a beta tester is to break the software.
It hurts more when what we've had up to now has been so bloody brilliant - and I'm awed by what's being offered every time I play - that we forget we're supposed to be finding fault.
Yes, it's a bit close to the wire, but keep the faith.

Return to “News and Announcements”