Mobius Elite Dangerous PvE community on PS4

The place for you to catch the latest news
Myrm

Re: Mobius Elite Dangerous PvE community on PS4

Postby Myrm » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:14 pm

Early Bird wrote:In the livestream yesterday about ps4 it was mentioned that all private groups will be available at launch on the ps4. There should also be a special forum on the elitepve.com like it is already for xbox-players. Only 4 days till launch! :D

Yay!!! :D

Saberius
Admin
Admin
CMDR: SABERIUS
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Saberius » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:52 am

You can also fill in the form at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... A/viewform
to help along with the paper work.

Ragnahr
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Ragnahr » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:38 pm

Dead on launch are you guys opening your server? Just wondering should I start out on solo play until you get it up and running. I don't know how long these things take. And complete noob question.. will my current stuff stay with me if I move from solo to private?

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:01 pm

Ragnahr wrote:Dead on launch are you guys opening your server? Just wondering should I start out on solo play until you get it up and running. I don't know how long these things take. And complete noob question.. will my current stuff stay with me if I move from solo to private?

You can log into open/private/solo whenever you want, so no, you won't lose your stuff.

Also, dont panic about going into open, no one on the platform will have any uber ships that you cannot escape from for a few days/weeks at least.

Saberius
Admin
Admin
CMDR: SABERIUS

Postby Saberius » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:00 pm

Also, no such thing as private servers, just a private instance/private group within the game.

Myrm

Postby Myrm » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:35 pm

Sorry, but can we have a little clarification with this PS4 Mobius group.

Even though I have a Mobius membership on PC, will i still have to fill out that online form in order to apply to join this group? Why can't I simply go to the "Friends/Groups" option in-game and search for and apply to the PS4 group via that? Why do I have to jump through this additional hoop of having to fill out a separate online document?

When applying for the PS4 MobiusPVE group, do I have to use my PS4 account name as the Commander name? assume I do. What about the email address associated with my PS4 group application; can that be the same email address that I have registered with my PC Mobius account?

Simply wanting to join the MobiusPVE PS4 group but seems like to I have go through unnecessary steps just to do this simple thing? I'm already a member of the PS4 online community group, surely that is enough to act as application, rather than filling out this document.

I searched for the Mobius Group just now (8:30 - GMT) on the Friends/Group in-game on my PS4 and no such group is found.

Thank you.

sean_crow
Competent
Competent
CMDR: sean_crow

Postby sean_crow » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:46 am

Cheers commanders!

I joined the community on the ps4 already a few weeks ago.
Tonight I got this "Membership confirmation" email. (Thanks for the quick reply! :) )
In the game, I tried to join the group but couldn't find it.

Is there anything I need to do, before I can join groups?
Like leaving the station once. So far I have only played the trainings and looked at holo-me.
Or anything else I should be aware of?
Or was the group just not yet started?

Thanks
sean_crow

Myrm

Postby Myrm » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:25 am

Hi

There is part of the process of joining the MobiusPVE PS4 EDH group that is not mentioned on the joining instructions.

Not only do you need to complete that document thing but if you try to find the Mobius group from within the Friends/Groups option in the PS4 version of the game you may not find it. This is because you also need to add the group as a friend on your PS4 account.

To do this go to the friends option on your PS4 home page and select add a friend. Then search for MobiusPVE. Send it a friend request. Once that friend request is accepted then you'll be able to find the MobiusPVE group from within the game.

So basically you have to do the following just to join the PS4 Mobius group:

1) Complete that online document.
2) Add MobiusPVE as a friend on your PS4 account
3) Once that friend request is accepted ,launch EDH and then search for the MobiusPVE group and submit a request to join.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:27 am

Myrm wrote:So basically you have to do the following just to join the PS4 Mobius group:

1) Complete that online document.
2) Add MobiusPVE as a friend on your PS4 account
3) Once that friend request is accepted ,launch EDH and then search for the MobiusPVE group and submit a request to join.

The information on the 'join' page was updated today to reflect the process above. Thanks for the info, Myrm.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång

Postby uvelius » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:37 am

Quick announcement from the Fuel Rats:
We are already up and running (like hell) in PS4 as well. So if you run out of fuel, call us and let us save your day. See here http://www.fuelrats.com
You might need to switch to Open play through the rescue process, but this never had been a real problem or danger.

Also, we like to point out that you can't reach other systems in Supercruise. You have to jump through Hyperspace. Other systems simply wouldn't turn up. You would end up calling the Fuel Rats, as a Commander had to who alledgedly travelled 2.1 million light seconds (wow).

Fly safe!

Return to “News and Announcements”