Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Engineer Crafting Commodities Discussion

Postby Xebeth » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:09 pm

Link

Sandro Sammarco

Hello Commanders!

We’ve received a lot of feedback requesting cargo storage, specifically for engineer commodities. We’re investigating a few options, and we’d love to get your feedback before we make a final decision, so I’m posting this thread to gather your thoughts.

To clarify, the issue at hand is that many blueprints require one or more units of a special crafting commodity, gathered from in various activities, which means you have to have cargo space available when you want to craft upgrades for your modules.

This forces any player interested in crafting to A) always fly with a ship that has cargo space, and B) have an amount of that cargo space committed to carrying crafting commodities.

Our plan was to introduce crafting commodity storage, which would allow you to collect and store crafting commodities at Engineer bases for use in crafting at a later date. This would mean that you would only need to fly a cargo-capable ship when you were actively engaged in collecting the commodities, and could store up commodities to allow for multiple crafting attempts in one sitting.

However, examining the current schedule, it’s looking like this feature will not come online in the time frame we’d like, so we are considering our options:

A. Wait it out and get crafting commodity storage at a later date.

B. Temporarily remove crafting commodities from blueprints until crafting commodity storage comes online.

C. Temporarily allow various starport markets, potentially even Engineer markets, to sell crafting commodities until crafting commodity storage comes online.

Our current thoughts are to go for option B, but we’d love to hear your thoughts on this choice, so feel free to discuss in the thread and let us know which option you’d prefer, and why.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Re: Engineer Crafting Commodities Discussion

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:49 pm

Well......

My opinion only....

A:

Aint got it now so won't miss it.....

As for B & C.....

Lets make it even easier shall we......

Oh how introducing a benefit system.....For those people that find the game just that little bit too hard.........

Play the original and I bet 85% would not even be able to dock.....

YES it's a grind...That I also bitch about.....But what needs to be done has to be done....

Just like real life.....I don't want to work......I'd like everything handed to me on a plate.......But that has not happened....

Soooo I grind everyday......With people who make me shudder at the standards modern education

/rant......

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:38 pm

I would have thought C was the appropriate solution. Given that engineers are conning you that they might have a super solution for your problem, they could sell you the items that you then have to give back them to complete the trick.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:54 pm

Oh Walter.......Tsk Tsk.......Such a cynic....

*Starts 20th roll on a grade 5*

*Runs outta shite*

*Sticks with the grade 4*

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Lanceor
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Lanceor

Postby Lanceor » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:47 am

Ah good - the devs have recognised the need to quickly find a solution to the crafting commodities problem.

As I wrote in the big forum, being forced to carry crafting commodities compromises all three pillars of Elite Dangerous (trading, exploring, combat) and an immediate fix is needed.

As suggested by others, temporarily turning crafting commodities into materials will solve the cargo/pirate-magnet problem without removing the challenge of engineering modules.
Very little game time, but often chatting at work.

Return to “News and Announcements”