The place for you to catch the latest news
Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Upcoming 2.2 Changes to Combat, Blueprints and Power Play

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:11 am

TorTorden wrote:I actually, and very surprisingly don't have a problem with these changes.

I honestly think it's quite overdue.

But then I started using fixed pulses last week :)
I'm going to switch those to burst now.

Great........

That's the "Teams" shields going down even quicker......

Feckin psycho......

:lol:

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Falcon_D
Master
Master
CMDR: Falcon Darkstar
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Falcon_D » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:02 pm

Don't really have a problem with the Fixed vs Gimballed much. Except that NPCs are deadly with fixed and seem to spam chaff quite often. Don't know why you need to nerf the gimballed weapons tracking, though since then can be so easily countered with chaff. I've found that a number of times I've had to unlock my target and use my gimballed as fixed.
Guess it's time to start putting large PACs on my Python and Corvette again. I actually miss those, and with rapid fire mods. :)

Power play, don't really care.

The RNGineer part is what seems to get to me the most. Tweak the attribute value, great. Remove attributes, not ok. Add attributes, then auto roll for players who already have the mod, definitely not ok.

de Carabas
Master
Master
CMDR: de Carabas

Postby de Carabas » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:05 pm

Just for a change I'm divided on all these changes.

Part of me thinks that it's great that the devs are listening to some of the feedback and then using that with their own ideas to continue to enhance the mechanics and (hopefully) gameplay.

Then there's the bit of me that thinks this just adds fuel to the fire that the game is far from a finished product. I don't mean the fact that there's a lot of gameplay elements still to come, more that they are going back to season one stuff to make pretty extensive changes.

Then of course there's the bit that says 'whatever' as I'm out exploring and it makes no difference to me. Even if I was in the bubble the whole PowerPlay bit has never interested me beyond ranking up to get Imperial Hammers.

Like others I really do wonder now what it would be like to start from scratch in this new setup. No way that I'm deleting my CMDR to find out with over 7 weeks of in-game time.....
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

Dudley
Master
Master
CMDR: Dudley_Dawg

Postby Dudley » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:18 pm

Sigh.. :( It took me ages to get the ship just how I wanted it.. :? now it looks like, "back to the drawing board"... :cry:

o7 Dawg..

Ow... :shock: who slapped me..? :P
As a tribute to Tor, my CMDR has small feet too! o7 Dawg

Liebs
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Liebs

Postby Liebs » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:14 am

de Carabas wrote:Then there's the bit of me that thinks this just adds fuel to the fire that the game is far from a finished product. I don't mean the fact that there's a lot of gameplay elements still to come, more that they are going back to season one stuff to make pretty extensive changes.

I think this part is less notable and more common than is believed. As an example, in League of Legends they have quite frequently gone back and basically tossed out the champions that the game started with and re-did them in a way that made more sense for their balancing philosophy.

I think the key here is that it appears Frontier is going to be willing to make a deeper commitment to balancing the game beyond just dealing with the most absurd things. Also them providing context and reasoning behind their changes with these updates is a good touch.

This isn't to say that all the changes they made are good, but I think the "at least they're trying" idea has merit.

Sevin Church
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Sevin Church

Postby Sevin Church » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:50 am

They've also done this with games like Marvel Heroes, where they spend months retooling a playable hero to bring it up to par with the newer ones they have released. And they haven't screwed it up yet thankfully.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:13 am

THE SKY IS FALLING!

THE SKY IS NOT FALLING!

How about we wait and see what EXACTLY how the changes will affect things with what they are proposing when the ßeta drops and we see the actual changes. They have said we are not going to lose what we have already rolled.

They have proved to us in the last ßeta that they want to work with us and listen to our feedback. I don't see this changing at this point.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

de Carabas
Master
Master
CMDR: de Carabas

Postby de Carabas » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:16 am

Loriath wrote:THE SKY IS FALLING!

THE SKY IS NOT FALLING!

How about we wait and see what EXACTLY how the changes will affect things with what they are proposing when the ßeta drops and we see the actual changes. They have said we are not going to lose what we have already rolled.

They have proved to us in the last ßeta that they want to work with us and listen to our feedback. I don't see this changing at this point.

Stop being so bloody reasonable! Honestly, the last thing we need is a level head and sense of fair play!
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:50 am

de Carabas wrote:Stop being so bloody reasonable! Honestly, the last thing we need is a level head and sense of fair play!

HOW DARE YoU CALL ME THAT!

Take it Back!!!!!

:P
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:19 pm

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:It sounds like some of the gripes about PP AI may be fixed, but then they said all PP AI will have interdictors. :P
I still find this whole concept very confusing.

Well I find the concept of power play as completely out of whack with the entire game so anything beyond that, is OK whatever, cue eyeroll.
The learning curve really isn't that much in ED, it's a fairly basic space fighter/trader.
Seriously tried DCS or even ms flightsim ?

It could be worse, like in eve where hardly anyone would let you play with them until you had at least two years and six months under your belt, and that was to be considered "a noob".

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Return to “News and Announcements”