COLONIA EXPANSION INITIATIVE (MOBIUS)

The place for you to catch the latest news

Would you like to move your CMDR to COLONIA (22k LY from SOL)?

Poll ended at Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:21 pm

YES
39%
NO
31%
LATER
31%

Total votes: 49

Saberius
Admin
Admin
CMDR: SABERIUS
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

COLONIA EXPANSION INITIATIVE (MOBIUS)

Postby Saberius » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:08 pm

Dear all,

There have been many questions if Mobius are going to head out to Colonia.
Basically, we pick a new faction, apply for a 'visa' and then participate in a Community Goal to establish the new faction.
It will probably be mining or heavy trade, maybe with a trader defence thrown in.
The top 10 'new' sub-factions get their own base on a planet (not a station), some 22k LY out of the current SOL bubble.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/307260-Colonia-Expansion-Initiative?p=4764565&utm_campaign=576934_Elite+Dangerous+Newsletter+%23150&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Frontier+Developments+Ltd&dm_i=3F35%2CCD5Y%2C35ZQNU%2C17YAX%2C1#post4764565

There has been a lot of interest generated on the ElitePvE Facebook page and many pilots are willing to head out and head up a new faction.

It is also very likely that a THIRD Mobius private group be created for this if we succeed, it will be a two-birds-one-stone scenarios as the current PC/Mac Americas and Europe/APAC groups ('Mobius' and 'Mobius PvE') are approaching the same problem we had before the split, essentially pilots will move themselves out of the old groups and apply to join a new 'MOBIUS COLONIA' private group should we make the grade..

At this point, I have no solid reply yet, but it seems that FDev may also assist in migrating all your assets, one way, if we win and you want to join up.

A couple of small polls set up by myself have gained some interest on numbers and that the new faction would be named.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElitePvE.MOBIUS/permalink/1139621359447334/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElitePvE.MOBIUS/permalink/1140513319358138/

So far MOBIUS COLONIAL REPUBLIC NAVY seems to be the lead favourite in names.
Those of us familiar with the TV series THE EXPANSE will appreciate the nod to the M.C.R.N reference of the show.
(The irony being that as a PvE group of players, we are neither a navy, nor a republic.)
But you can apply for your visa here: https://goo.gl/forms/z7mFrgPKdKpA4z483

Any further ideas? I'm willing to head out, unless there are any objections we can start filling in forms. Deadline is end of month.
Last edited by Saberius on Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: links, topic, formatting, bad spelling, poll

Saberius
Admin
Admin

Re: COLONIA EXPANSION INITIATIVE (MOBIUS)

Postby Saberius » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:44 pm

Also a good note to make, this seems to be ELITE: DANGEROUS HORIZONS only, as it will be a planet base being established for the new faction.

RazorbaK
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: RAZORBAK
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby RazorbaK » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:20 am

I'm really looking forward to this , pioneering without slaughtering the 'natives' ... unless they're insectoids, don't like bugs..... or birds not keen on raptors....or fish , don't trust things that don't evolve.... or reptile dinosaur type hungry beasties !!!!
Set weapons to Malky , we come in peace .... shoot to kill :shock:

Orkekum
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Orkekum

Postby Orkekum » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:37 am

i have an alt account i could move there

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:42 am

Will I move to colonia, that's a soft maybe.

Would I give two hoots about the BGS when if I ever got there?
That's a big Fuck no!

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

CMDR Allbright
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: John Allbright

Postby CMDR Allbright » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:57 am

I just filled out the signup sheet as I will be heading out there in a few weeks as part of the CCC. I'm just wondering now if I should withdraw my CCC signup and wait and see what happens. Having my ship moved out there by FDEV certainly has an appeal. :D
Everyone should have their mind blown once a day. -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Sir G.O.
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Sir G.O.

Postby Sir G.O. » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:20 am

As far as I understand, the initiative will start next Dec 1. Does it means that we will start moving to Colonia that day?
Im afraid I don't have many free time each day to play , so even with a 40 ly of jump it will take me some days arrive to Colonia. Is there any due date to arrive?

Saberius
Admin
Admin

Re: RE: Re: COLONIA EXPANSION INITIATIVE (MOBIUS)

Postby Saberius » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:17 pm

Sir G.O. wrote:As far as I understand, the initiative will start next Dec 1. Does it means that we will start moving to Colonia that day?
Im afraid I don't have many free time each day to play , so even with a 40 ly of jump it will take me some days arrive to Colonia. Is there any due date to arrive?

I suggest using the Hurt Highway.
It's a 80 neutron star jump route.
With 40ly jump at 300% boost, it may take less time, but take a amfu, it may shake your ship a bit.

Sent from my RG730 using Tapatalk

Myrm

Postby Myrm » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:37 pm

Not sure if I've understood the question correctly. My only proplem with Colonia is it's so far from the bubble and you won't be able to trade unless you're prepared to travel that huge journey to and from the Bubble/Colonia. I am travelling there now from Sol (almost at Colonia) and it's taken me playing non stop for 15 hours to get where I am now.

Sevin Church
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Sevin Church

Postby Sevin Church » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:07 pm

There are a few stations out there where you can mine and trade. But other than exploring, it's kinda boring till it becomes more populated. I'm sure thats going to happen, it's been progressing that way, but for now I give it a firm no.

Return to “News and Announcements”