COLONIA EXPANSION INITIATIVE (MOBIUS)

The place for you to catch the latest news

Would you like to move your CMDR to COLONIA (22k LY from SOL)?

Poll ended at Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:21 pm

YES
39%
NO
31%
LATER
31%

Total votes: 49

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: COLONIA EXPANSION INITIATIVE (MOBIUS)

Postby Cometborne » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:31 pm

bailablestone12 wrote:Is there anyone planning on moving that own more than 1 ship ? if so, I know you will use 1 for the trip but what about the other ones?

You have two options:
a) You can use the new ship transfer feature. Transfers take about 61 hours and cost about 1.5 times the value of the ship.

b) Use suicidewinder. Basically, fly your ship out to Jaques, buy a sidewinder, switch to the sidewider, activate the self-destruct, and when you come to the rebuy screen, use the "free sidewinder" option. You will respawn in the bubble, most likely in LHS 3447. Now move to the next ship you want to fly out, and repeat.

For option b, you REALLY want to have a modded FSD with a 50+% range increase. You should also take an ADS and honk along the way, that should net you 5-15 million in exploration data, depending on your jump range.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

Saberius
Admin
Admin
CMDR: SABERIUS
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Saberius » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:46 pm

Don't forget to sign up to MOBIUS COLONIAL REPUBLIC NAVY (not MCRN or M.C.R.N.)
https://www.elitedangerous.com/en/colon ... nitiative/

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:46 am

I don't know - I was thinking of joining the Anti Social Collective. :roll:

Jeez - there must be hundreds of groups. I wonder how may will have more than one member? if you're not already aligned with someone, it would be very hard to look through that list to find someone to join. I was expecting more information describing the groups. I was also hoping for more information from Zac before applying, but I think he may have forgotten about this. So he says it starts on Dec 1 - does that mean that's when the requests for commodities, or whatever, starts? I assume they at least check that you started from inside the bubble and didn't load up on commodities before the start date. If people are trying to cheat by parking outside Colonia, I sure hope they get caught and their contributions won't count.

Anyway, I went ahead and applied for the Mobius group. I plan on taking a T9 out there, one trip, and then clear my save. Then I'll fly out in a Sidey to start my new life.
It's time to give this another go.

Saberius
Admin
Admin
CMDR: SABERIUS

Postby Saberius » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:49 am

I'm taking out 128tonne cargo of meta-alloys for shits and giggles. I figure if the poor station's been UA bombed once, it'll happen again because some group of nutscratchers decided it was fun.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:52 am

Saberius wrote:It is also very likely that a THIRD Mobius private group be created for this if we succeed, it will be a two-birds-one-stone scenarios as the current PC/Mac Americas and Europe/APAC groups ('Mobius' and 'Mobius PvE') are approaching the same problem we had before the split, essentially pilots will move themselves out of the old groups and apply to join a new 'MOBIUS COLONIA' private group should we make the grade...

On the surface this sounds great, but the PVE group FleetComm is apparently out there in force and has about 1000 members (all over the galaxy). Rather than have everyone splitting up into small private groups, I think it would be nice for all PVE minded players to play in the same group. Otherwise the new bubble could be just as lonely as the old bubble. Has there been any discussion about this?

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:52 pm

Well, I guess there was more input from Zac, if you figured out where to look. :roll:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... ve-Sign-up!

It's just too bad Zac is such a flake that he can't explain the process worth a shi...

Huntemdown
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Huntemdown

Postby Huntemdown » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:41 pm

With 2 days to go according to the latest off the forums, folks need to be aware there are no engineers there as yet, so back to the Main Bubble you'll have to come if you not engineered fully or want to change stuff.

Still hazy and not exactly well explained about the whole process, if i do sign it will probably be for SEPP as i helped them out in the Power Games so dont take it the wrong way.

FDev have to try and paint a better picture or atleast explain it better in the next 48hrs or i'll sit it out and play catch up.

Best of luck to you all

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:12 pm

Huntemdown wrote:. . . if i do sign it will probably be for SEPP as i helped them out in the Power Games so dont take it the wrong way.l

Why should anyone take that the wrong way? SEPP has been involved with the CCN for a long time and Kancro Vantas is one of the Custodians.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:49 pm

Walter wrote:
Huntemdown wrote:. . . if i do sign it will probably be for SEPP as i helped them out in the Power Games so dont take it the wrong way.l

Why should anyone take that the wrong way? SEPP has been involved with the CCN for a long time and Kancro Vantas is one of the Custodians.

Yeah, that's no problem. I was going to check out the other possibilities, but the whole situation has been so poorly handled that I just decided to go with Mobius - the Colonia variety. ;)

The way I understand it, the registration for new factions is closed. So if you go here, you can log in with your FD account information. Then you will see a box list with what looks like hundreds of proposed factions. I'm assuming most of those are one person. The only way to find out about the various factions is to search the related threads and maybe a google search. So if you are already affiliated with a group, then it's not a problem. But otherwise, I don't know how to go through the process to figure out which factions are viable, and then which of those aligns with your interests.

When you have selected a faction, anything you do for the CG will be in support of that faction. I guess we get to find out about the CG in a couple days, but it will probably be hauling commodities - maybe for the whole month. So that's probably one trip for most people. At the end of the CG, the top ten factions will get a planetary port or settlement. You also get a migration pass, but it's not clear exactly what that is.

Then in the coming months, they will have more CGs and the top 3 factions will get the same rewards. I think once you chose a faction, you can't change it - at least not for this round. Hopefully, if you are on the losing side, you can choose a different faction for the next round. I assume you can also fly out to Colonia and chose to align with an existing faction (not sure how all that faction stuff works).

I think that's the gist of it - hope it helps. :)

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:57 pm

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:When you have selected a faction, anything you do for the CG will be in support of that faction . . . You also get a migration pass, but it's not clear exactly what that is.

Empty words from FD- Anyone can go at any time.
Roger Wilco Jr wrote:I assume you can also fly out to Colonia and chose to align with an existing faction (not sure how all that faction stuff works).

It's not going to be any different than Bubble 1. You can work for any faction that takes your fancy - affiliation isn't on the cards (yet).

If OoM wants to make any headway in this competition, I think all 19 enthusiasts will have to make at least two trips out to Jaques with fully-laden Anacondas. The other 29,981 signed-up Mobius players could also help.

Return to “News and Announcements”