COLONIA EXPANSION INITIATIVE (MOBIUS)

The place for you to catch the latest news

Would you like to move your CMDR to COLONIA (22k LY from SOL)?

Poll ended at Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:21 pm

YES
39%
NO
31%
LATER
31%

Total votes: 49

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: COLONIA EXPANSION INITIATIVE (MOBIUS)

Postby Relix Typhon » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:57 pm

bailablestone12 wrote:Please excuse my ignorance in this but I really need to ask this before making a decision.

Is there anyone planning on moving that own more than 1 ship ? if so, I know you will use 1 for the trip but what about the other ones?

I just don't want to lose all the grinding I did for each of my ships.

Thanks

Cmdr Bailablestone12

Just A rate a Sidewinder and do a few shuttle runs :D

You could earn money and have them transferred one at a time if you are planning on staying there.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:08 pm

bailablestone12 wrote:Is there anyone planning on moving that own more than 1 ship ? if so, I know you will use 1 for the trip but what about the other ones?

The OP said FD may assist in migrating your assets, which I assume means ships and modules (one way).
It sounds like it's still up in the air though.
It's time to give this another go.

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Walter » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:12 pm

RD-83 wrote:Just A rate a Sidewinder and do a few shuttle runs :D

You could earn money and have them transferred one at a time if you are planning on staying there.

Currently, it isn't possible to A-rate any ship in Colonia - only D-rated components can be bought. Suicidewinders are available.

Brought a Vulture over from Bubble 1. It cost about 160m and took about 60 hours.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:20 pm

Walter wrote:Brought a Vulture over from Bubble 1. It cost about 160m and took about 60 hours.

Holy Crap! Was that when it was bugged?

Well, I guess a Vulture doesn't have a great jump range, so maybe the hours aren't too far off. But a delivery charge shouldn't be that high. One pilot, or two on shifts, could make 80 million each for a 1 week round trip. And they could probably make more flying something else back to the bubble.

Walter
Master
Master

Postby Walter » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:34 pm

That was after the rebalance. I sold most of my ships and had the cash floating about and nothing else to spend it on.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:15 am

Honestly, to me, that's a shame. The hired pilot could buy an Anaconda for that, and upgrade it a bit.

I'm feeling like I want to punch Sandro in the face again. :roll:

Saberius
Admin
Admin
CMDR: SABERIUS

Postby Saberius » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:19 am

the rumours are that FDev will help migrate your remaining assets for free one way. and probably reset your sidewinder start point to Colonia.
I have asked Zac these same questions, but he's a busy guy and no replies yet.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:19 am

Is it just me, or is it a little weird to be moving out to a new bubble of players and then play in a private group?

Do a lot of players out at Colonia already play in private groups? (see below)

It was depressing reading the official forums thread and seeing it trolled by player killers.

Anyway, although I'm currently not playing, I could see jumping in again to support a CG. I expect it will be something like hauling commodities from the bubble out to Colonia? I could set up the Conda for long range trading - or maybe mining out in the local area?

Walter
Master
Master

Postby Walter » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:31 am

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:Is it just me, or is it a little weird to be moving out to a new bubble of players and then play in a private group?

Do a lot of players out at Colonia already play in private groups? (see below)

It was depressing reading the official forums thread and seeing it trolled by player killers.

Anyway, although I'm currently not playing, I could see jumping in again to support a CG. I expect it will be something like hauling commodities from the bubble out to Colonia? I could set up the Conda for long range trading - or maybe mining out in the local area?

There have been a few gankers, but playing in a group other than Open is a deterrence of sorts: if there's nothing to shoot at there's no point in being there. There is also a well-organised Militia that was set up to protect players and property, but has no partisan political facet.

There are a few who play in Open - where it's mostly safe - but there's also a lot of activity in the exploration Fleetcomm group. There's a strict no PvP policy so people can get on with what they want to do without interruption. Sounds familiar.

There was a mining CG a couple of weeks ago. Triple benefit for contributors from the sale of palladium, the CG bonus and rewards for finding new systems with pristine rings.

The BGS was beginning to feel a bit like a prison, but out here - while there may not be vast sums to be made - there is a variety of things to do.

For those who need more info there's the Colonia promotional forum: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... ns-Network

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:48 pm

Walter wrote:There are a few who play in Open - where it's mostly safe - but there's also a lot of activity in the exploration Fleetcomm group. There's a strict no PvP policy so people can get on with what they want to do without interruption. Sounds familiar.

Well, that's great - I'm already in that private group. If most players are there, concentrated in a much smaller bubble, then it will be like playing in open w/o the <expletive deleted>. I wonder how long it will take them to reach 18-19k and starting having problems and need to split?

And thanks for the link - I may even take their Sidey Challenge.

Return to “News and Announcements”