COLONIA EXPANSION INITIATIVE (MOBIUS)

The place for you to catch the latest news

Would you like to move your CMDR to COLONIA (22k LY from SOL)?

Poll ended at Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:21 pm

YES
39%
NO
31%
LATER
31%

Total votes: 49

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: COLONIA EXPANSION INITIATIVE (MOBIUS)

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:27 pm

Walter wrote:Empty words from FD- Anyone can go at any time.

Empty words? - possibly. But what if the pass means they will move all your ships for you?
Very little thought was put into this CG and FD continues to disappoint.
It's time to give this another go.

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Walter » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:01 pm

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:
Walter wrote:Empty words from FD- Anyone can go at any time.

Empty words? - possibly. But what if the pass means they will move all your ships for you?
Very little thought was put into this CG and FD continues to disappoint.

The visa means nothing. Your question was asked and there is an official answer: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... ost4836392

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:23 pm

Walter wrote:The visa means nothing. Your question was asked and there is an official answer: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... ost4836392

Yeah, I read that the other day. It's still not clear as the question was about moving oneself out there, not all their other ships. Saberius supposedly asked about moving ships, but I don't think he ever got an answer.

So why do they call it migration? If the were talking about people moving out there, they should have called it an emigration pass. Migration is people who move there temporarily, and then back, maybe on a seasonal basis. Migration can also mean the movement of things from one place to another - which could apply to moving ships and would be the perfect reward for the winners of the CG (other than an outpost).

I'm not holding my breath one way or the other, as I'll just be flying out in a Sidey, but it's still shocking how badly this CG was explained and handled - confusion reigns on the main board. Anyway, I think Mobius may have a chance with 10 slots. I mean, there are potentially 32,000 participants :P, but maybe not so many interested as the smaller exploration groups. Oh well, I'm not waiting for a Mobius faction to move out there!

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:12 am

One theory is that Jaques was found much quicker than FD expected. A lot of the Explorer cadre got out there fairly quickly and got CCN organised pretty quickly. FD seems to have been on the back foot ever since. Their first proposal for immigration was shot down very quickly and their second is organised to the same standard.

Come out anyway - clean start or not. With a bit of luck it won't end up as a smaller copy of Bubble 1.

Edit: Thinking about it overnight, I suspect that the extensive list of prospective colonists will be winnowed very rapidly when the magnitude of the task becomes apparent. To be effective, the majority of commanders will have to fly big ships with large cargo spaces. It's at least three days' travel for the most dedicated player, but more like a week to travel the 22,000Ly - one way.

If your group puts in all the effort and still doesn't make the final cut, it is going to have to do the whole thing again the next month if it wants another try for a planet of its own.
Last edited by Walter on Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

de Carabas
Master
Master
CMDR: de Carabas

Postby de Carabas » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:41 am

Walter wrote:Come out anyway - clean start or not. With a bit of luck it won't end up a a smaller copy of Bubble 1.

I'm basing myself from Colonia for now and taking short round trips in the neutron fields to get my Elite in exploring (Pioneer +90% at the moment). In order to start attracting more people out here it's going to need to grow fast. At the moment there are no missions, passengers and very poor trading out of Jacques.
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:08 pm

Damn, I was going to take a T-9 out there, but some simple math shows that for only about 1/10 more cargo, it will take about 1/3 more jumps plus about 1/3 more time spent on refueling, compared to an Anaconda. That's a no-brainer. :oops:

Depending on how it goes, I may make a few runs instead of just one. I normally don't like "cheating", but wtf, I'll just suicide out there and re-spawn in the bubble and outfit another Anaconda. It's not like it's really costing me anything, other than time.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:21 pm

So it's started:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... ost4849695

I assume we need to still sign up for the CG at the station, even though we've already registered for the migration pass? I guess I'll find out tonight.

And it looks like a race - not a wait and see at the end of the month! :o

de Carabas
Master
Master

Postby de Carabas » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:08 pm

Roger Wilco Jr wrote: I normally don't like "cheating", but wtf, I'll just suicide out there and re-spawn in the bubble and outfit another Anaconda. It's not like it's really costing me anything, other than time.

So, can you explain this to me again? I know you've tried before but I'm slow.

On the rebuy you can choose current loadout (same ship and last docked location) or sidewinder. If you choose sidewinder it puts you in a starter location BUT do you keep any cash, stored ships etc that you had (just lose the cost of the ship)?
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:15 pm

de Carabas wrote:
Roger Wilco Jr wrote: I normally don't like "cheating", but wtf, I'll just suicide out there and re-spawn in the bubble and outfit another Anaconda. It's not like it's really costing me anything, other than time.

So, can you explain this to me again? I know you've tried before but I'm slow.

On the rebuy you can choose current loadout (same ship and last docked location) or sidewinder. If you choose sidewinder it puts you in a starter location BUT do you keep any cash, stored ships etc that you had (just lose the cost of the ship)?

Well, I've never done it myself, but I read someone else doing that. I assumed you just lost the value of your ship - don't use insurance. It's not like you're too poor for insurance. I would have assumed you got the Sidey in the last station you visited, but the guy said it spawns back in the bubble. I don't think the guy would have done it if he was going to lose everything! I think it was in relation to moving ships out to Colonia.

Oh well, no loss for me, as I'll clear my save anyway to reset my ranks. ;)

de Carabas
Master
Master

Postby de Carabas » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:12 pm

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:Oh well, no loss for me, as I'll clear my save anyway to reset my ranks. ;)

Let me know how it goes :D

Return to “News and Announcements”