The place for you to catch the latest news
Darwin
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Darwin
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Second Alien Shipwreck found!

Postby Darwin » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:55 pm

Congratulations to Denneb for finding a second alien crashed ship!

FD Forum Thread post

HIP 17862 6 C A
30.3226  -98.6110

The Canonn also feature in a Eurogamer article published yesterday

The Alien Hunters of Elite Dangerous

:shock:
“Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time”
CMDR Darwin, Inara profile

Darr Valen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Darr Valen
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Second Alien Shipwreck found!

Postby Darr Valen » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:30 pm

It's coming. More and more aliens stuff is being "found" out in the void. I would be totally unsurprised if someone gets glassed and a station gets blown up, while people are inside or around it. Imagine seeing Lave ripped in two by a portal from an alien vessel, similar, but oh so more violent in nature than the fold drives of our current capital ships. All in real time, as people are using the station.

Now THAT would be the way to announce the expansion. All systems start glitching of all the clients connected, and then bam, disconnections for every pilot in Elite. Once you restart, you are greeted with a "welcome to 2.xx" or whatever the alien encounters expansion is labeled, and have to download it before getting back in. Once you're back in, the changes are in full effect.

I dunno, I just think that'd be a hell of a way to introduce an expansion that will likely be a war. Violent and obstructive to gameplay, forcing everyone to get off at once. There's no peace being offered. It's war.

Return to “News and Announcements”