The place for you to catch the latest news
de Carabas
Master
Master
CMDR: de Carabas
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Elite Dangerous: The Guardians 2.2 update

Postby de Carabas » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:35 am

The 2.2 and 1.7 update is underway and the changelog is below.

Link to the forum

The change log is too long to post here!
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Re: Elite Dangerous: The Guardians 2.2 update

Postby Walter » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:24 pm

Spotted this in the list:

- Instructor character added with dialogue across all training scenarios.

Just hoping it's not an animated paperclip.

de Carabas
Master
Master

Postby de Carabas » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:43 pm

Walter wrote:Spotted this in the list:
- Instructor character added with dialogue across all training scenarios.

Just hoping it's not an animated paperclip.

I got pestered last night by my 7 year old who wanted to have a go and I let her loose on one of the new training modules in the Beta.
It felt a little more 'slick' to have the NPC talk her through what she needed to do. I certainly intend to go through them all once live - espectially the new one on mining, which I've never bothered trying yet.
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:53 pm

Servers are available to Update, and apparently already up and running.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

de Carabas
Master
Master

Postby de Carabas » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:00 pm

Loriath wrote:Servers are available to Update, and apparently already up and running.

They were somewhat overestimating the 8 hour outage then!

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby *Al* » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:06 pm

managing expectations

de Carabas
Master
Master

Postby de Carabas » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:15 pm

SRV paint job pack is in the store.....

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:46 pm

I literally fell asleep reading that, and then woke up and couldn't even finish. :roll:

It was a little confusing reading several fixes in a row, then several "statements" that looked like fixes but didn't explicitly say it, so I'm not sure if they are fixes or if they are just saying that this is the way it is, so deal with it. Anyway, too many things to even hope to remember, especially since I still can't play.

Staying in character ;), reading that list made me think that FD needs to fire several design managers and the entire QA department, and then hire some of the better beta testers to crack the whip over the designers and to implement some respectable in-house testing.

I do have one question:

- Ships now gain resistance to heat weapons based on spare cooling capacity (when ships are cold they're more resistant).

I assume they still don't have a way to shut off modules when hard points are deployed (other than priorities on ships with limited power). So if you have a big ship with lots of extra power, if you want it to run cooler, you will need to manually shut down unneeded modules, and then manually power them back up? If so, then that is something they need to fix.
It's time to give this another go.

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:25 pm

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:I literally fell asleep reading that, and then woke up and couldn't even finish. :roll:

It was a little confusing reading several fixes in a row, then several "statements" that looked like fixes but didn't explicitly say it, so I'm not sure if they are fixes or if they are just saying that this is the way it is, so deal with it. Anyway, too many things to even hope to remember, especially since I still can't play.

Staying in character ;), reading that list made me think that FD needs to fire several design managers and the entire QA department, and then hire some of the better beta testers to crack the whip over the designers and to implement some respectable in-house testing.

I do have one question:

- Ships now gain resistance to heat weapons based on spare cooling capacity (when ships are cold they're more resistant).

I assume they still don't have a way to shut off modules when hard points are deployed (other than priorities on ships with limited power). So if you have a big ship with lots of extra power, if you want it to run cooler, you will need to manually shut down unneeded modules, and then manually power them back up? If so, then that is something they need to fix.

Isn't that the second Law of Thermodynamics? Real physics? Something the A-Team would try and break?

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:38 pm

Walter wrote:Isn't that the second Law of Thermodynamics? Real physics?

I never got that far in physics or engineering, but it sounds about right. ;)
I'm not complaining about the cool ship effect - just that there is no automatic way to shut down modules (afaik).

One nice thing about exploring is turning off your shields and cargo scoop and other unneeded equipment so your ship is nice and cool, and then you heat up a lot slower while fuel scooping so you can finish a lot faster. Now they've properly added this effect to combat heat weapons, which is good.

I do have one other question:
Have they ever fixed Power Play so that the NPC AI don't constantly don't ass-rape you if you are pledged? :o
It's time to give this another go.

Return to “News and Announcements”