CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Elite Dangerous Guardians 2.2 and 1.7 Release Date

Postby Xebeth » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:15 pm

Tuesday October 25

Source

Zac Antonaci
Head of Community

Greetings Commanders,

We hope you’re geared up and ready for ship-launched fighters, the Beluga liner, VIPs, passengers, alien archaeology, volcanism, and much more, because The Guardians and Elite Dangerous 1.7 updates will be blasting out of the Frontier Developments’ fighter bay on Tuesday October 25.

The Guardians: Elite Dangerous

If you own Elite Dangerous: Horizons, or the Commander Deluxe Edition, in less than a week you’ll be able to download the 2.2 update and hire fighter pilots to assist you in combat situations, build smaller ship-launched fighters in your larger vessel and send them in to battle and pilot and carry passengers in the beautiful and vast Beluga liner to new and exciting tourist destinations.

Game-changing improvements for every Elite Dangerous Commander coming in 1.7

In addition to the amazing headline features in The Guardians there is also a huge host of changes and additions coming free of additional charge to all players of the main Elite Dangerous game too! They enhance every aspect of the Elite Dangerous experience.

Navigate your way across the galaxy map with increased ease using the navigation filters, take in the new, detailed and beautiful starport interiors, ferry passengers to the most amazing locations in the galaxy, store modules for more flexible use between ships, transfer your vessels making you ready for any occasion or visit Interstellar Factors – a shady group of contacts who will allow you to pay off your fines or collect combat bounties no matter where you are in the galaxy.

There’s so much to discover in both the Elite Dangerous 1.7 and The Guardians updates, but you’ll have to uncover some of the mysteries yourselves.

If you haven’t picked up the Elite Dangerous: Horizons seasons of expansions yet, you can take advantage of these game-changing features by visiting our store, or purchasing Horizons through Steam.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)

Re: Elite Dangerous Guardians 2.2 and 1.7 Release Date

Postby smartroad » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:32 pm

I am getting to cynical because I giggled at the phrase 'game changing'
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:53 pm

...or visit Interstellar Factors – a shady group of contacts who will allow you to pay off your fines or collect combat bounties no matter where you are in the galaxy.

LOL! Last I saw they were a listing on the station's contacts page. :roll:

When you can walk around the station, go down into the seedy levels,
and search out the Interstellar Factors - then I'll be impressed.
It's time to give this another go.

CMDR Abil Midena
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Abil Midena
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby CMDR Abil Midena » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:12 am

I'm a bit salty when it comes to alien artifacts and bboard 'mysteries', since only the Cannon guys are involved due to solving everything in 5 min. Basically, by the time you see it in game somehow, or in the forums, they already have it solved. They even shut down threads in the FD forums about it if they are not made in the cannon thread. Ridiculous.
My Youtube Channel
Elite - Elite - Elite

smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)

Postby smartroad » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:22 am

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:LOL! Last I saw they were a listing on the station's contacts page. :roll:

That is my problem with all of this release. Aside from the fighters, everything is just what you can already do wrapped in a slightly thin veneer to change the task.

"carry passengers in the beautiful and vast Beluga liner to new and exciting tourist destinations."
Tourist destinations that you go to, jump into then immediately jump back out of again because they have seen it in only a few seconds. I found nothing interesting in the passenger missions. The only thing I did like was the payments on some of them! Easy money for not much work. It also doesn't matter how vast the Beluga is given that the only indication of its size are the number of slots in it, given that I can't even see the interior yet :(
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:45 pm

I quite like the passenger missions, been to some quite interesting places, IMHO the tourist beacons are a nice touch. I found the Beluga a bit pointless mind you, as the VIP missions never require a big ship, so I'm probably going to fit out an Orca (which is surprisingly fun to fly when rngineered) and spend a bit of time seeing the sights.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Return to “News and Announcements”