The place for you to catch the latest news
TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Halp Halp! It's Happening! Beta 2.2 Inbound

Postby TorTorden » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:55 pm

I have seen the game often if at all possible, when you tell it to store a core modules, it will fit an ae rated module automatically.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

pargyrak
Master
Master
CMDR: pargyrak

Postby pargyrak » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:33 pm

Loriath wrote:
pargyrak wrote:Question for those that have done some testing in the 2.2 Beta.

You have two ships in Azrael for Example. Can you exchange modules like thrusters or Power Plant between them?
Can you store a core module like power plant, leave the ship without it and jump in another one of your ships?

It would be cool to have only one Power plant (8A engineered of course) for Anaconda, Cutter and Corvette Save 2*162M also :)

You cannot leave a ship without a Core Modules. So if you store your FSD, you have to put another in the ship, It has to be Flight Ready at all times. But, you can replace the Modified with a 4D and that will make the 6A Modified available for another ship to swap into.

So Under this example, you take your Corvette and the Anaconda. Both support a 6A FSD. So you have a Engineered 6A in the Conda. Put it in Storage, and then put a smaller one in the Conda. Now jump in your vette and swap its FSD to the Modified 6A.

This will work well with core modules as long as you remember you have to replace the core modules. Where it gets fancy is the Non-Core Modules. Say you have that HUGE Multi-Cannon or Shields that you engineered all out. You can save it and move it around where you need it. Same with Utility items like Shield Boosters. Get a great Engineer role? Now you can move that module around (Remember its not just storage, but you can Move the items around just like ships, It takes credits and time).

The one thing that is clear is that now with Module Storage, stripping a ship to sell it will probably COST you the 10%, although I have not played enough with it to be sure since beta prices are MUCH lower.

I assumed that much... Only glitch is that our base system does not have a variety of modules... Anyway I will figure something out like buying a ship with crappy modules and moving it to Azrael....

Thanks Lori....
Order of Mobius Council
Friends call me pargy

blazingmaniac
Expert
Expert
CMDR: blazing

Postby blazingmaniac » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:39 pm

If i recall correctly it will auto fit an E class module in the slot as I did the swap about at Raff's and it magically fitted a 7E thruster to my Conda when i wanted to swap my level 5 dirty drive to the Vette. Now as far as I am aware Raff's doesn't sell class 7 anything so not entirely sure where this module appeared from..

It will however happily invoice you for the cost of the Class E module :shock:

pargyrak
Master
Master

Postby pargyrak » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:29 am

blazingmaniac wrote:If i recall correctly it will auto fit an E class module in the slot as I did the swap about at Raff's and it magically fitted a 7E thruster to my Conda when i wanted to swap my level 5 dirty drive to the Vette. Now as far as I am aware Raff's doesn't sell class 7 anything so not entirely sure where this module appeared from..

That would be great. Thnaks fo rthe heads up. We only have to wait and see when Beta comes to life
Order of Mobius Council
Friends call me pargy

blazingmaniac
Expert
Expert
CMDR: blazing

Postby blazingmaniac » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:01 pm

pargyrak wrote:
blazingmaniac wrote:If i recall correctly it will auto fit an E class module in the slot as I did the swap about at Raff's and it magically fitted a 7E thruster to my Conda when i wanted to swap my level 5 dirty drive to the Vette. Now as far as I am aware Raff's doesn't sell class 7 anything so not entirely sure where this module appeared from..

That would be great. Thnaks fo rthe heads up. We only have to wait and see when Beta comes to life

Just checked and it is definitely the case, you click on the core module you want to store and it says the slot cannot be empty and it will replace it with a default item, 7E thrusters in the case I just tried, looking in outfitting at Raff's it now seems to stock more items, 8E, 7E which it definitely did not before. Guess they increased the stock availability a bit :)

pargyrak
Master
Master

Postby pargyrak » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:49 pm

That is good for the economy of Azrael also :) Hope it continues in the live version
Order of Mobius Council
Friends call me pargy

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:46 pm

Has anybody tried this in 2.2?
You get interdicted and send your fighter to keep them/their fighter busy. Would that be viable or is there a mechanic to stop you jumping if you have a fighter deployed? Obviously you lose the fighter but just build another, right?

I don't even have a ship that can launch them, I just wanna know :lol: :lol:

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:36 pm

RD-83 wrote:Has anybody tried this in 2.2?
You get interdicted and send your fighter to keep them/their fighter busy. Would that be viable or is there a mechanic to stop you jumping if you have a fighter deployed? Obviously you lose the fighter but just build another, right?

Yep. Viable Tactic. Distraction. Loose the fighter when you jump, but build another in about 90 seconds, restock when you land.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:18 pm

Loriath wrote:
RD-83 wrote:Has anybody tried this in 2.2?

Yep. Viable Tactic. Distraction. Loose the fighter when you jump, but build another in about 90 seconds, restock when you land.

Awesome! Just gotta get the damn thing downloaded now. Rage quitted earlier, got sick of staring at 0.20MB/s for 5 hrs lol

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:10 pm

Locking thread, since the beta has reached conclusion.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Return to “News and Announcements”