TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Ship Transfer Poll Results

Postby TorTorden » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:29 am

Phillipus wrote:Voted for instant.

WTF is "immersion"? This is a computer game that involves doing a lot of tedious time-wasting activities that necessitate Alt-Tabbing to watch YouTube at the same time. Activities such as moving ships around. Now with added delay.

Immersion. Right.

And we already have instant ship transfer in the game.
It's called screen the rebuy where you now utterly destroyed ship magically appear in last dock.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Phillipus
Expert
Expert

Postby Phillipus » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:38 am

Frontier asked the players what they wanted in a poll.

“If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.” - Henry Ford

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:46 am

Phillipus wrote:Frontier asked the players what they wanted in a poll.

“If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.” - Henry Ford

Fact is, those whole feature is a utterly impact less on the game.
This game is pretty much in dire need of credit sinks. I only really need one corvette and with engineering mods buying multiples really isn't a worthy undertaking at all.

In fact fd might realised this hardly made a difference either way, so why not throw Internet idjits a poll and do that.

I mostly voted instant since I don't want 2.2 to be any further delayed and I have a tiny hope THEY FUCKING FIX WINGS ALREADY!

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Darr Valen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Darr Valen
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Darr Valen » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:18 am

TorTorden wrote:
Phillipus wrote:Frontier asked the players what they wanted in a poll.

Fact is, those whole feature is a utterly impact less on the game.
This game is pretty much in dire need of credit sinks. I only really need one corvette and with engineering mods buying multiples really isn't a worthy undertaking at all.

In fact fd might realised this hardly made a difference either way, so why not throw Internet idjits a poll and do that.

I mostly voted instant since I don't want 2.2 to be any further delayed and I have a tiny hope THEY FUCKING FIX WINGS ALREADY!

What we need is those giant ships that we've been teased for well over a year now.. I'm off playing other stuff, since I'm a bit bored grinding engineers, and I own all the top ships, and most of the ships as a whole. I'd love to have an actual corvette class or even a frigate.. Elite suffers from a lack of ships, and I hope they rectify this. I get *why* there are so few ships, but in theory, there should be hundreds of different ships in a universe this varied. I mean, we have different empires that run 4-5 ships. I'd be hard pressed to find even a small modern navy with that few of ship classes.

Again, I get why we don't have so many ships. Elite is a marathon, not a sprint. But it's well passed time to add in that new credit sink, as you said. I'd absolutely love to be able to buy an outpost, or work towards owning a percentage of a station in investments. It would be a nice/steady potential income stream and would also motivate people to trade between their stations.. it could help populate the world a bit more, if you could spend 3-5 billion credits to get an outpost spun up and shipped out, or combine resources, pay 500 billion-1 trillion, and get and entire cuboid or orbis sent out into the black.

Before anyone says "that's too large a number", it really isn't. Any Elite trader has hit passed 1 billion credits on their own. A large organization of motivated people could make 1 trillion credits well within a year. If I spent 3-6 hours a day trading hard, I could hit that total easily in 30-60 days. Only 1000 motivated traders would be required, et voila, you have your own station spun up and sent out into the black.

To avoid stagnation, Elite really has to start bringing in the cash sinks that EVE has successfully introduced. I don't want mouse click gaming, but EVE does give you very long term goals to work towards.

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:25 am

Darr Valen wrote:What we need is those giant ships that we've been teased for well over a year now.. I'm off playing other stuff, since I'm a bit bored grinding engineers, and I own all the top ships, and most of the ships as a whole. I'd love to have an actual corvette class or even a frigate.. Elite suffers from a lack of ships, and I hope they rectify this. I get *why* there are so few ships, but in theory, there should be hundreds of different ships in a universe this varied. I mean, we have different empires that run 4-5 ships. I'd be hard pressed to find even a small modern navy with that few of ship classes.

Again, I get why we don't have so many ships. Elite is a marathon, not a sprint. But it's well passed time to add in that new credit sink, as you said. I'd absolutely love to be able to buy an outpost, or work towards owning a percentage of a station in investments. It would be a nice/steady potential income stream and would also motivate people to trade between their stations.. it could help populate the world a bit more, if you could spend 3-5 billion credits to get an outpost spun up and shipped out, or combine resources, pay 500 billion-1 trillion, and get and entire cuboid or orbis sent out into the black.

Before anyone says "that's too large a number", it really isn't. Any Elite trader has hit passed 1 billion credits on their own. A large organization of motivated people could make 1 trillion credits well within a year. If I spent 3-6 hours a day trading hard, I could hit that total easily in 30-60 days. Only 1000 motivated traders would be required, et voila, you have your own station spun up and sent out into the black.

To avoid stagnation, Elite really has to start bringing in the cash sinks that EVE has successfully introduced. I don't want mouse click gaming, but EVE does give you very long term goals to work towards.

I'm not sure about this, it would need a LOT of thought. One of the main problems with EVE is the sheer disparity between the have and the have not's. There would be a danger of giving player groups too much power and potentially limiting parts of the galaxy if they decided they wanted to be griefers. One of the things I love about ED is that you can choose to get involved in wars and things or not. But then again, we have solo and Mobius so there are a lot of if's and but's.

Phillipus
Expert
Expert

Postby Phillipus » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:33 pm

And for the kids who believe in Santa Claus, let's increase the "make believe" factor for them. Each delivery at Xmas will take at least 5 minutes, and if the house has no chimney it'll take 10 minutes. Several million houses to visit on one night...hmm...

Because "immersion".

hdpwipmonkey
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Gallanus

Postby hdpwipmonkey » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:37 pm

I would have loved to have seen a freighter introduced for ship transfers. Kind of like what EVE did with the Bowhead. I know it was probably just easier to do the behind the scenes transfers versus actually transferring your ship via a freighter. There would be a lot more involved in getting that system figured out and implemented.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Darr Valen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Darr Valen

Postby Darr Valen » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:46 pm

Phillipus wrote:And for the kids who believe in Santa Claus, let's increase the "make believe" factor for them. Each delivery at Xmas will take at least 5 minutes, and if the house has no chimney it'll take 10 minutes. Several million houses to visit on one night...hmm...

Because "immersion".

You're taking part in the thing you're making fun of.. suspension of belief is gaming. You could instantly have all the ships, but you are required to grind for them. You could jump 100LY in every ship, but you don't because of a jump range being set at a much lower level. Someone made that number up. It's all make believe.. Complaining about "kids" and their "make believe factor" when displeased with the result of a poll for a video game is silly.. and it ignores the fact the argument you made could be applied to that game you're playing in the first place..

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:42 pm

TorTorden wrote:I mostly voted instant since I don't want 2.2 to be any further delayed and I have a tiny hope THEY FUCKING FIX WINGS ALREADY!

Amen Brother.......Amen.....

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Dudley
Master
Master
CMDR: Dudley_Dawg

Postby Dudley » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:40 pm

Cmdr Kharma wrote:
TorTorden wrote:I mostly voted instant since I don't want 2.2 to be any further delayed and I have a tiny hope THEY FUCKING FIX WINGS ALREADY!

Amen Brother.......Amen.....

:cry: Ah yes.. I remember the wings feature.. :(

Kharma, Tor, Lori... are we there yet..? :P

o7 Dawg
As a tribute to Tor, my CMDR has small feet too! o7 Dawg

Return to “News and Announcements”